Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins will make a statement tonight.... but what will it be? Updated after the game.

Destino

The statement is that Helu and Hightower are garbage and can't run the ball. They had the opportunity to run out the clock but couldn't run the ball. 20 carries for 60 yards between the two is pathetic.

We have a finese Oline with no power. That has alot more to do with running the ball than the backs tonight.

We blow no one off the ball. Not tonight.

We have a finese Oline with no power. That has alot more to do with running the ball than the backs tonight.

Just food for thought: HIghtower averaged exactly 2.9 yards per carry in the Giants game and the Dallas game. 39 carries for 113 yards.

He sees BOTH of these teams later this year, the only defense he had over 3 yards per carry average was against the 28th defense against the run in Arizona.

Dallas stopped the run and gave Grossman all day. Why talk about Hightower when fatty gets chased down by the defender on the right side while standing on the left hash... And fumbles. Grossman is the story,

So you are saying Grossman needs to lose weight? Lard cannon is WAY funnier than fatty. He could spend time with Jenny Craig but that won't make him any faster.

I think the statement made tonight was by tony Romo sits to pee. Love him or hate him he gutted it out and found a way to win.

Oh, and the skins will be drafting a qb.

Remind me how many TDs the cowboys had! Romo sits to pee is no hero. The skins offense had time to pass and could do nothing with it. When your center is a derp and snaps the ball wrongly 5 times all field goals is expected. When you have all day to pass and can't find anyone .... That's the story. Rex, Kyle, and the offense laid a big fat egg.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 02:15 AM ----------

Trent Williams made some bone head plays as well. I think F. Jones was the difference not Romo sits to pee. Maybe Im wrong

Again no TDs. The offense failed despite numerous chances. Same reason the cardinals game was close and the giants game wasn't a blow out. Redone offense is getting worse. Giants - OK. cards - bad. Cowboys - horrible.

The rams only matter if we lose. If we look like cap against the eagles this seasons is all about "they improved, but..."

I very much agree this is a statement game. And for once, I don't dread the start of a MNF game involving the Redskins. I honestly think we walk in there tonight and handle business. Just handle business. Physically push the Cowboys around and have a big night.

Usually, I am a nervous wreck on these kinda days. But I am calm, and seriously not worried about tonight.

34-17 Skins

I'm an idiot. But this illustrates why I don't bet on my gut.

The statement is that Helu and Hightower are garbage and can't run the ball. They had the opportunity to run out the clock but couldn't run the ball. 20 carries for 60 yards between the two is pathetic. I guess if it isnt Arizona's 28th ranked rush defense in the NFL then they are just average.

The average rushing yards per game against this Cowboys defense is... 61 yards. I thought before the game that their defense stats might be inflated, but I guess I was wrong - they are very good against the run this year. One reason we didn't get more yards is because we stopped trying to run the ball towards the end. Kyle needs to watch the run-pass balance throughout the whole game and not just the first half.

Agree to part of this point, Hightower averaged almost 5 yards a carry with Arizona. He's far from garbage. I didn't see the O line create major holes last night. But the finese versus power issue IMO is irrelevant, its actually part of the point of Shanny's successful running game over the year, fast mobile O lineman for zone blocking.

If the Skins can bounce back next Sunday and beat the Rams and go into the break at 3-1, then they have something.

If they fold against a 0-3 team with Philly on the horizon... well, its gonna be a long season.

The Skins of the 2000's would def. go 2-2 at the break.

The Shann regime? Yet to be seen but I suspect its more of the same.

mediocre o-line.... mediocre QB... a Good Defense... sounds like the 2000's again.

im hoping for the best, but its monday night and the skins historically suck a big one on monday night..so i am preparing for a hard fought game that somehow we will blow in the 4th quarter...i really hope I am wrong though

See, my prediction come true, execpt we didnt suck a big one. Just blew it at the end.

Archived