Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins will make a statement tonight.... but what will it be? Updated after the game.

Destino

What a great OP. To be honest, I've walked past that koolaid table a few times, pretending not to look, pretending not to care, but I want some, and I want some now.

During pre-season I was thinking that, give it one more year, and we could be good. But I'm starting to believe that we are already good, and this time next year, we could be very good, and this week we could be 3-0.

Pass the koolaid, I'm going in.

I very much agree this is a statement game. And for once, I don't dread the start of a MNF game involving the Redskins. I honestly think we walk in there tonight and handle business. Just handle business. Physically push the Cowboys around and have a big night.

Usually, I am a nervous wreck on these kinda days. But I am calm, and seriously not worried about tonight.

34-17 Skins

I'm with you dude. I just don't think Dallas is a very good team when 100% healthy, and I think we have an entire roster working together right now. I got us winning by 13+.

Whether we win or lose, I think the real test is St. Louis. Dallas could be a team destined for 0-14 the rest of their schedule and likewise the Skins be heading for 14-0 and still Dallas could take both games. That's just the way our rivalry works. So, I'm hoping we go in there and mop the floor with their sorry asses.

But, if we lose, I'll be paying a lot of attention to how we lose. That will say a lot about whether we're seeing an improved Skins team.

As far as the media and other fans, I'm not expecting anyone to take notice until sometime around the halfway mark of this season. We're fans, and even we're leery of the Kool Aid. Imagine if you're not too familiar with our Skins - you wouldn't be touching that **** with a ten foot pole.

GO SKINS!!!! Poke the Pukes.

I'm with you dude. I just don't think Dallas is a very good team when 100% healthy, and I think we have an entire roster working together right now. I got us winning by 13+.

Heh, you obviously haven't been to cz lately, their "fans" say the girls have the edge in OL, DL, DB, WR, RB and LB.... They beat the 49ers, who SUCK and they're acting like it was a miracle.. actually it took a miracle for them to win it.

But cz fans claim the 9ers and jets have "awesome defenses" ... historically maybe, but not this year.

I very much agree this is a statement game. And for once, I don't dread the start of a MNF game involving the Redskins. I honestly think we walk in there tonight and handle business. Just handle business. Physically push the Cowboys around and have a big night.

Usually, I am a nervous wreck on these kinda days. But I am calm, and seriously not worried about tonight.

34-17 Skins

If I was calm, I'd be worried. I was always nervous when the Redskins were good and for a couple of years afterwards. Until this year, I haven't been very nervous and often was pretty blase for most of the games over the last 15 years.

I guess I'm primed with all the big-game let downs we've had to feel like we're going to play poorly tonight. Hope I'm really, really wrong, but that's my gut feeling right now.

Won't stop me from being amped for tonight, though.

The big difference is that if we play good we WILL win no matter how Dallas plays and may even win if we just do a mediocre job. In 2009, we LOST 3 of the 4 games where we did have our best games and in two of those, the other guys didn't play well themselves!

Protecting Grossman.

That's the key to tonight. Keeping Ware and Ratliff out of our backfield is imperitive. Being able to run the ball would help too to take pressure of Rex. Because we all know what he's prone to do id he's under serious pressure. I can't say I'm optimistic about our O-line here. In the Giants game and the Ravens pre-season, the two they've faced real good defensive fronts, they've been dominated. And as beat up as the 'Boys are, they still have a real good one.

I foresee a game full of sacks and turnovers on both sides. I just pray we come out on top.

But I'm fearing I'ma be pissed come Tuesday morning.

Hail.

As others have said, historically we lose this and get destroyed. If we lose, nothing changed. However this team does seem different and I feel calm and cool about tonight. Wait, hold on...yes...I think I do feel some excitement again!

I will be completely honest, I began to lose my die-hard passion for the Skins during Zorn's first year collapse. Acquiring McNabb was a devastating coup de grace that nearly pushed me away from football entirely. The team and coaches are finally setting things right. This is the time for a statement. The Nats, Caps, and Wiz are making their moves, now it's time for the Skins to stand up. Hail!

Protecting Grossman.

That's the key to tonight. Keeping Ware and Ratliff out of our backfield is imperitive. Being able to run the ball would help too to take pressure of Rex. Because we all know what he's prone to do id he's under serious pressure. I can't say I'm optimistic about our O-line here. In the Giants game and the Ravens pre-season, the two they've faced real good defensive fronts, they've been dominated. And as beat up as the 'Boys are, they still have a real good one.

I foresee a game full of sacks and turnovers on both sides. I just pray we come out on top.

But I'm fearing I'ma be pissed come Tuesday morning.

Hail.

Protect Grossman, redzone efficiancy and plus side of turnovers and we should win

I can see a loss here for sure, just don't get handled.

Go hide, we'll let you know when it is okay to come back out.

1103cat1.jpg

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

Heh, you obviously haven't been to cz lately, their "fans" say the girls have the edge in OL, DL, DB, WR, RB and LB.... They beat the 49ers, who SUCK and they're acting like it was a miracle.. actually it took a miracle for them to win it.

But cz fans claim the 9ers and jets have "awesome defenses" ... historically maybe, but not this year.

Plus they think this is last years Redskins defense. I think the Skins roll tonight like we have not seen in awhile.

Protect Grossman, redzone efficiancy and plus side of turnovers and we should win

Actually I'd say pass rush and the running game are the keys to victory. A successful running game kills their pass rush, tires their defense, and keeps their offense on the sideline. If the pass rush gets to Romo sits to pee he'll turn the ball over and find himself in a lot of 3rd and long situations which won't give the Dallas defense time to rest.

The key to beating a good passing team is keeping them out of rhythm. It works on Manning, Brady, etc etc. There are no exceptions.

I'm feeling it too.

Historically, this is a game where we lose, and get dominated throughout. Turnovers, sacks,confusion abounds. Even though I'm guarding against it, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Cowboys won't know what the **** just hit them after tonight.

The statement should be that we're sick and tired of being sick and tired, and we are going to kick the **** out of anyone that gets put in front of us, hurt or not.

e9mf3Bypyk8

Go hide, we'll let you know when it is okay to come back out.

Haha, I'll be watching, I just want to get blown out and look like that Skins of old. Home openers are tough to win on the road. As long as we have a chance to win in the 4th, I'll be very satisfied with this team's performance.

Actually I'd say pass rush and the running game are the keys to victory. A successful running game kills their pass rush, tires their defense, and keeps their offense on the sideline. If the pass rush gets to Romo sits to pee he'll turn the ball over and find himself in a lot of 3rd and long situations which won't give the Dallas defense time to rest.

The key to beating a good passing team is keeping them out of rhythm. It works on Manning, Brady, etc etc. There are no exceptions.

I think the keys are the tackles - which team's tackles can protect AND can the Redskins make the tackle with the first man. The extra yards after the first hit can kill us.

HTTR

:helmet:The Rook

Pretty much the "statement" I figured they'd make. Poorly managed, poorly played and lost to a team that was completely out of synch all night.

Typical 'Skins on a Monday night.

---------- Post added September-26th-2011 at 11:44 PM ----------

Pretty much the "statement" I figured they'd make. Poorly managed, poorly played and lost to a team that was completely out of synch all night.

Typical 'Skins on a Monday night.

Archived