Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins will make a statement tonight.... but what will it be? Updated after the game.

Destino

We’ve heard about how this team is somehow “different” and for two weeks we’ve seen evidence that this may indeed be true. Some fans have walked over to the koolaid table and had themselves a cup or two. Most however remembering the stomach pains such a decision has given them in the past have shuffled a little closer to it but that feeling deep down inside has kept them at bay.

Today the Redskins find themselves in a situation that seems perfectly designed to test the team’s progress. A test that if they can manage to pass strongly will send a stampede of fans running to grab a cup of the drink they’ve been yearning for, for far too long. They’ll guzzle it thinking that this time it’s not going to leave them doubled over suffering waves of regret and humiliation.

After all the Redskins just don’t win on Monday Night Football and they don’t win in Dallas. Since 2000 the Redskins have posted a 3-11 record on MNF and a 2-9 record at Dallas. Sure there have been some wins but for the most part the skins just don’t win tonights game. Just like they don’t beat the Giants and they don’t find a way to win after falling behind late in the game….

I think the players themselves believe the team is different. They feel something and they have tried to verbalize it recently but I think ultimately, like the fans, there is a voice deep down inside that expresses doubt. Confidence is great on its own, but when it rests on a foundation of results it changes a team completely. They’ve seen the media favoring a wounded Cowboys team heavily. Romo sits to pee is a hero! Demarcus Ware is an unstoppable monster! Heck sometimes you have to listen for 5 minutes before the talking heads even bother to mention just who in the hell the Cowboys are playing tonight, and when they do get around to it, only mentioning it as a small unimportant detail.

The cowboys are wounded, thin, and terribly inconsistent. They’ve been a race car with a drunk driver for many years now and so far this season they continue to be exactly that. They looked unstoppable at times against the Jets but then the drunk at the wheel fell asleep and hit a tree. Against the 49ers the poor **** couldn’t get the key in the ignition and almost hit a tree again but managed to weave his way to the finish line this time.

Any good team that can keep it together for four quarters should overwhelm the cowboys that very rarely can put up that sort of effort. The Redskins of old would go into this game feeling good about playing a wounded opponent and choke the game away. Just like the old Bills would never have climbed out of a 21 point hole and defeated the Duke Blue Devils (basketball) of the NFL. The old Lions would have gotten Stafford killed by now and certainly would have lost to a division rival when trailing by 20 points at the half. The Giants who found new and exciting ways to choke against the Eagles last year came out this season and pimp slapped the entire city of Philadelphia and left town laughing as children threw beer containers at the team bus.

The Redskins have said their piece about the Giants. They’ve responded to bad rex with a 4th down strike to the endzone that Skip Bayless and Chad Dukes are trying desperately to erase from memory. Tonight they’ll tell the division and the media to sit up and pay attention to the mother****ing WASHINGTON REDSKINS! Wale will send Skippy a "told ya so" text and Chad Dukes will be forced to give the team credit while finding something else to complain about... perhaps that the Redskins didn't dance very well in their end zone celebrations.

Or… we’ll just remind them that there is nothing to see here, that the critics were right, and to keep talking about those wonderful Cowboys and their heroic quarterback.

I think the Cowboys get their asses handed to them tonight. They aren’t good enough to hang with the mother****ing Redskins. HTTR. WE WANT DALLAS... and after tonight we'll see less blue stars smugly moving about Redskins country.

Update: redskins made their statement: "Put down the koolaid, nothing to see here. the critics were right (for now) and the media should just keep talking about those wonderful Cowboys and their heroic quarterback."

I very much agree this is a statement game. And for once, I don't dread the start of a MNF game involving the Redskins. I honestly think we walk in there tonight and handle business. Just handle business. Physically push the Cowboys around and have a big night.

Usually, I am a nervous wreck on these kinda days. But I am calm, and seriously not worried about tonight.

34-17 Skins

My heart says the Skins will go in and dominate, but my brain pulls the emergency brake, locking the tires up, and saying not soooooo fast there bud.

Wounded as they may be, they have a beast in Dez, and their defense has not been mentioned at all; its all been about Romo sits to pee and his rib issue. This is the part that makes me nervous about a Redskins team going into the game over-confident that all they have to do is look at Romo sits to pee and he will fall down.

Barring a blowout by the Cowboys, the Skins have already made a statement in their mentality by not patting themselves on the back; just yet. Even with a loss tonight, this team hopes to show the world they are no longer the laughing stock, paying millions to players who sleep on the field or throw passes into the dirt, instead they will show the world a team that will play for 60 minutes, and will put their best effort and talent on the field.

That in itself is already a victory, IMO...

I still have the voice. I can't get rid of it. I want them to not only win, but stomp the Cowpukes so I can get rid of that voice.

I hate to say it...but we could win 51-0 tonight and you'd still hear that voice around 10am next Sunday...it will try to convince you that we're riding into an ambush in St. Louis. He visits me too.

Division games are different. Both teams know each other a little more than non-division opponents. Game-planning gets a little extra attention. Also, you can usually throw out records and everything else.

When it comes to the Redskins playing IN Dallas, I am willing to accept a win under any circumstances.

Redskins v. Dallas = 6-6 in last 12 meetings. What that tells me is that you can't be surprised to win or lose this game, because it is basically a 50/50 crapshoot except when one team is soooo good that they outclass the other team (and even then the upset happens a lot)

To me, win or lose, the statement comes next week when we play a garbage Rams team. That is the game that this team needs to prove they are at least a middle of the pack team that doesn't have let down games, and won't play stagnant when they go up against a bad team.

Division games are different. Both teams know each other a little more than non-division opponents. Game-planning gets a little extra attention. Also, you can usually throw out records and everything else.

When it comes to the Redskins playing IN Dallas, I am willing to accept a win under any circumstances.

Redskins v. Dallas = 6-6 in last 12 meetings. What that tells me is that you can't be surprised to win or lose this game, because it is basically a 50/50 crapshoot except when one team is soooo good that they outclass the other team (and even then the upset happens a lot)

To me, win or lose, the statement comes next week when we play a garbage Rams team. That is the game that this team needs to prove they are at least a middle of the pack team that doesn't have let down games, and won't play stagnant when they go up against a bad team.

Excellent post. And I didn't realize how bad the Rams were. We must win that game. No excuses

I'm feeling it too.

Historically, this is a game where we lose, and get dominated throughout. Turnovers, sacks,confusion abounds. Even though I'm guarding against it, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Cowboys won't know what the **** just hit them after tonight.

The statement should be that we're sick and tired of being sick and tired, and we are going to kick the **** out of anyone that gets put in front of us, hurt or not.

Banks will return one tonight.

We will beat them in every facet of the game.

Can't wait to see the headlines tomorrow. Most likely will be excuses for why the Girls played poorly, and discrediting the "Surprise" Redskins.

Whatever, we'll win and it will be awesome.

Banks will return one tonight.

We will beat them in every facet of the game.

Can't wait to see the headlines tomorrow. Most likely will be excuses for why the Girls played poorly, and discrediting the "Surprise" Redskins.

Whatever, we'll win and it will be awesome.

Even if we win 50-0, all the press will be on the Cowboys. Who cares though?

im hoping for the best, but its monday night and the skins historically suck a big one on monday night..so i am preparing for a hard fought game that somehow we will blow in the 4th quarter...i really hope I am wrong though

The Skins historically haven't done that though. When they suck on primetime games, they SUCK. It's not letdown in the 4th quarter situations, it's "never was in the game" situations. I don't see that happening.

No swinging gates. (Hopefully)

Fire in the belly. This team has fire in its belly and I haven't witnessed that in a long long time. The game last week would have been lost in years past, but they are a disciplined bunch now. The fat was cut and replaced with the lean, hungry, and determined. 38-17 We win.

We'll make resounding statement that will fall on deaf ears, since we'll be doing it to the media darlings. Instead of headlines that read "Redskins whoop that ass," it'll be "Redskins squeak past ailing Cowboys." And that's fine with me. The further we can go not being taken seriously, the better, IMO.

Archived