Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins will make a statement tonight.... but what will it be? Updated after the game.

Destino

That Norv Turner is like a subterranean termite and his hold still exists over this team.

As Skins fans, we should even bother to watch a Skins game that gets National coverage.

Guaranteed loss. Signed,sealed and delivered.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 12:09 AM ----------

That Norv Turner is like a subterranean termite and his hold still exists over this team.

As Skins fans, we shouldn't even bother to watch a Skins game that gets National coverage.

Guaranteed loss. Signed,sealed and delivered.

The play calling was awful on both O and D. I don't think we have TERRIBLE players I just think we need to draft a QB and train him. Its like a dog, so much easier to train when they are young. IDK what to say about the blitz on 3rd and 21. The O running some terrible plays. I'm at a loss right now. All we can do it watch them this season and see what happens.....

The statement is this team is not ready for prime time. They had a prime time spot against an arch rival who gave them every opportunity to win and they simply did not get it done. Offense is better between the 20's but inside the 20, same old team. And this red zone thing and scoring less than 20 points has been going on for years with different players. I think it is a function of being a .500 team.

Our statement was simple: We have improved as a team this year. Yes. That is our statement. Why? Because we kept the game competitive. When was the last time we didn't get our asses handed to us in primetime?

On monday night, in Dallas, we took the game right down to the last minute. That's how I know this team is better than its been in a long time.

Our statement was simple: We have improved as a team this year. Yes. That is our statement. Why? Because we kept the game competitive. When was the last time we didn't get our asses handed to us in primetime?

On monday night, in Dallas, we took the game right down to the last minute. That's how I know this team is better than its been in a long time.

Yeah, but we hardly ever get blown out by Dallas.

For a field goal battle, tonight's game was very entertaining. They could have won this won, and played tough on the road.

I don't get the hate for the defense. The offense lost this game not the defense.

If this is "bad Rex," yeah it ain't great. But maybe he'll be good next week.

I don't care either way. This is supposed to be a rebuilding year and I think people understand that - you aren't usually seeing the crazed meltdowns that you see after a loss (though I guess I should check this place out tomorrow).

If Rex can't get it done, the Skins won't be going to the playoffs. But anybody who is paying attention can see a HUGE difference in the quality of play this year. I'm extremely impressed in Shanallan for turning things around so quickly. We don't need a playoff season this year.

Yeah we still may be a "QB away," but that's really it. This team is in very good shape.

Rams on the road - couldn't ask for a better game the week after this loss. If they win it, I still see this as a contending team for a playoff spot this season. If they don't, it's probably "wait till next year," but in a good way, not the usual depressing and cynical way around here.

This was like watching a movie that you knew the ending to, but didn't know how it was going to play out. Once it got to 16-12 it was easy to do the math. I've seen too many Skins-Cowboys games and the bizarre stuff that happens.

If you keep the Cowboys out of the end zone while Romo sits to pee and his center are having one of the more dysfunctional relationships you've ever seen, you need to win the game, period.

The statement is this team is not ready for prime time. They had a prime time spot against an arch rival who gave them every opportunity to win and they simply did not get it done. Offense is better between the 20's but inside the 20, same old team. And this red zone thing and scoring less than 20 points has been going on for years with different players. I think it is a function of being a .500 team.

But why? Why is that? Such a wonderful win against the Giants, decent win against Arizona. Why take a crap in our beer as usual on prime time? Skins regressed tonight.

The statement is that Helu and Hightower are garbage and can't run the ball. They had the opportunity to run out the clock but couldn't run the ball. 20 carries for 60 yards between the two is pathetic. I guess if it isnt Arizona's 28th ranked rush defense in the NFL then they are just average.

Cowboys took the pressure off the passing game and the Redskins couldn't.

Luckily the RAMS can't stop the pass or the rush so 3-1 is within our grasp.

I think we will see Torain come into the picture in the next two weeks, he can't be any worse than what we have out there now.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 12:28 AM ----------

But why? Why is that? Such a wonderful win against the Giants, decent win against Arizona. Why take a crap in our beer as usual on prime time? Skins regressed tonight.

LUCKY win against Arizona, let's call it what it was. Without the fumble it would probably have been a heart breaker like tonight's game.

They couldn't beat a sloppy, mediocre, banged up Cowboys team that only managed to score 18 pts. on six FGs at home.

3-3 they recovered a fumble that God forbid someone runs onto scoops and scores with. Nah, why? :) They proceed to score only 3 there. HUGE. (-4 pts.)

Grossman pick that goes for 3 the other way. (-3 pts.)

Blocked kick. (-3 pts.)

That's a 10 pt. swing in a 2 pt. game.

A good team wins this game by 10. Skins aren't there yet. A tremendous opportunity gone.

Offense is gonna have a tough time winning games on the road with Grossman at the helm.

Archived