Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coming from a Giants fan.. thanks for beating us

Crestor

Am I a bad person for hoping Andrew Luck is a huge bust? I don't think I've ever heard so much hype for a player before, I am so sick of it already.

I'm sure someone will get upset!

Personally, I think he's been hyped up so much, it will be hard for him to live up to the hype.

Could be another Ryan Leaf - another can't miss prospect.

I'm with you in hoping the Giants fire Coughlin. He's the biggest reason they've been as competitive as they have since 2003. Even when the Giants are supposed to be a bad team they somehow surprise and win 8-10 games, even their Super Bowl year, nobody expected them to beat ANY of those teams in the post season and pull off the biggest Super Bowl upset ever. They have an overrated mid level QB and still are in it every single season.

I'm sure that Jacksonville is happy they fired him, especially the owner who will likely sell the team to an owner in LA in a year or two because they can't sell tickets.

The Giants haven't won a playoff game since 2007, and haven't been to the playoffs since 2008. Being competitive isn't a good enough goal.

I'm tired of Eli and Coughlin and Reese. I sincerely thank the Redskins for winning yesterday. If I had it my way, the GIants would lose every game this year and cut eli/ fire coughlin/reese and draft Andrew Luck.

I was praying that the Redskins (a below average team no offense) would beat the Giants. All I have to say is thank you. :logo::logo::logo:

You're not a true fan if you ever wish a loss on your team. Under any circumstances. Just my opinion.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 11:36 PM ----------

I want them to lose to those teams. too. I want Andrew Luck so bad.
That's pathetic. But thanks for your service.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 11:37 PM ----------

He'll likely be a Colt or a 49er.
No way the Colts have the first pick, dude. By your logic, Cam will throw for 6,000 yards and the Colts will get the hell beat out of them each week. Its ONE week.

That was how Jacksonville was thinking as well. Denver too when they fired Shanahan.

Good luck with that.

Not that I'm accusing Joe of this, but I think that a lot of fans get a little spoiled after their teams enjoy multiple playoff runs/SB's, and begin to take for granted how hard it is to win, and win consistently in this league.

Not every team is going to be blessed with a HOF caliber QB, and be in SB contention every year. If you have a great system in place (which I think the Giants have) I think you have to be realistic, and not result to kneejerk reactions. The Giants have had a lot of bad luck recently, but I think that they are a good team, that xan become great again with a couple more solid additions, and overall health.

To be willing to tear everything down just because your team isn't going 13-3 every year, is a bit moronic to say the least. There's no guarantee that there are better options out there, and there are no guarantees that whoever you bring in will want to keep any of your key contributors, for one reason or another, and there's no guarantee that once his system is in place 2-3 years from now, that your situation will be any better than it is now.. Coughlin is a good coach, and I think that the Giants would be making a big mistake in getting rid of him.

The system is fine. They need better players, and healthy players. That's all. You don't fire a coach because of that.

Not that I'm accusing Joe of this, but I think that a lot of fans get a little spoiled after their teams enjoy multiple playoff runs/SB's, and begin to take for granted how hard it is to win, and win consistently in this league.

Not every team is going to be blessed with a HOF caliber QB, and be in SB contention every year. If you have a great system in place (which I think the Giants have) I think you have to be realistic, and not result to kneejerk reactions. The Giants have had a lot of bad luck recently, but I think that they are a good team, that xan become great again with a couple more solid additions, and overall health.

To be willing to tear everything down just because your team isn't going 13-3 every year, is a bit moronic to say the least. There's no guarantee that there are better options out there, and there are no guarantees that whoever you bring in will want to keep any of your key contributors, for one reason or another, and there's no guarantee that once his system is in place 2-3 years from now, that your situation will be any better than it is now.. Coughlin is a good coach, and I think that the Giants would be making a big mistake in getting rid of him.

The system is fine. They need better players, and healthy players. That's all. You don't fire a coach because of that.

Thanks for providing the TL;DR version of what I was saying, lol.

what kind of fan wants their team to lose them all.. its such a bad mentality. luck could get injured and never play football again. there are way too many variables.

i have a buddy that is a giants fan. he was going to put $250 on the giants giving three... i told him not to, that the skins would win the line of scrimmage battle and win this game.

he didnt heed my advice..

I'm tired of Eli and Coughlin and Reese. I sincerely thank the Redskins for winning yesterday. If I had it my way, the GIants would lose every game this year and cut eli/ fire coughlin/reese and draft Andrew Luck.

I was praying that the Redskins (a below average team no offense) would beat the Giants. All I have to say is thank you. :logo::logo::logo:

They aren't going to get Luck, cut Eli or dump Reese. It's weak sauce to root for your favorite team to lose opening day. Would you done this if the defense wasn't hit so had with injuries? I doubt it. That beat up D played well.

If you are rooting for better draft status it should be to rebuild that OL and Eli's eventual replacement.

Mara didn't fire Coughlin this year because of the CBA.
Agree, well the CBA along with a couple of big name coaches stating they wanted this year off. Coughlin should have been gone at least a year ago.

Do you know what a backhanded compliment is? It's like saying you made some good points...for an ignorant, bright as bat ****, so called 'giant fan'...no offense.

[/color]No way the Colts have the first pick, dude.

I actually disagree here. The Colts, without Peyton Manning are not anywhere near as good. And their defense is built to play with a lead. It's an attacking defense. With Manning out, their OL didn't look nearly as good, their backs didn't have as much wiggle room and the only player on the offense who actually looked good was Reggie Wayne. That's not a good omen.

No way the Colts have the first pick, dude. By your logic, Cam will throw for 6,000 yards and the Colts will get the hell beat out of them each week. Its ONE week.

Actually, it is very logical. Even if Cam Newton's season goes down the toilet and Carolina ends up with the first pick again, they are not taking Luck. They just grabbed Newton this year. They either pick the very best next player available, or they ransom out that pick. The Colts very well could end up picking top five this year with out Peyton. If they do, they will have a much easier time sliding up to grab Luck, and Polian is the type of GM who will make it happen, if that's what he wants.

Actually, it is very logical. Even if Cam Newton's season goes down the toilet and Carolina ends up with the first pick again, they are not taking Luck. They just grabbed Newton this year. They either pick the very best next player available, or they ransom out that pick. The Colts very well could end up picking top five this year with out Peyton. If they do, they will have a much easier time sliding up to grab Luck, and Polian is the type of GM who will make it happen, if that's what he wants.
It will never happen. First off, the Colts won't be bad enough to get the pick. Collins hasn't been there long. He will get a better handle on the offense. Or, who knows, they might bring in Garrard. They have too much talent to pick first next season. And picking first would be about the only way to get Luck. No team would give up what it would take to move up to #1.

As for Carolina: They won't be in position to pick first either. It will be someone like the Seahawks, Niners, Jags, Bengals, etc that end up with the top pick.

The Giants haven't won a playoff game since 2007, and haven't been to the playoffs since 2008. Being competitive isn't a good enough goal.

The Eagles think it's good enough. :ols:

I think the players have tuned out his "style" of coaching, much like what happened to him in Jax. After a while, yelling and screaming just goes in one ear and out the other. I think it's time for a change in NY.

It will never happen. First off, the Colts won't be bad enough to get the pick. Collins hasn't been there long. He will get a better handle on the offense. Or, who knows, they might bring in Garrard. They have too much talent to pick first next season. And picking first would be about the only way to get Luck. No team would give up what it would take to move up to #1.

As for Carolina: They won't be in position to pick first either. It will be someone like the Seahawks, Niners, Jags, Bengals, etc that end up with the top pick.

I usually make predictions from the gut - usually based off of what I see/hear from solid sources. I said nothing about anyone having the first pick (though I really didn't elaborate as to why those are two teams where I think he ends up), but I do think the Colts are a bad team without Manning, and they will be in a position to at least trade for Luck (people act like you need the 1st pick to have a shot at him). They are a team that will likely draft a QB next year, so it really isn't as crazy of an idea as you make it seem.

Here's why I think the Colts will be a bad team:

Manning is basically an offensive coordinator on the field; he has basically created that offense. He tells every single one of those players what they are supposed to do etc... It's going to be hard for them to replace him - not to mention that it's a huge morale blow.

It's not just one week that I'm basing my opinion on. I've been watching them in the preseason, and I've been listening to players who have played with Manning in that system - know the intricacies of the offense and the work/timing that is involved - and all think it's going to be an ugly season. No team in the NFL relies as much on one player as the Colts do Payton. One reason why they always lose in the preseason, is because he doesn't usually play.

To be frank, I see Luck ending up on the 49ers, just something about "luck" the gold rush etc.. But you could say the same about the Colts - many people associate the horseshoe with being lucky - you get the point... :)

If a team ends up with the #1 pick, that doesn't need a QB, a lot of teams are going to have a shot at him, and that's what I think happens.

Also, check this out:

Colts' Polian scouts Luck, searches for Manning's successor

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/09/12/colts.andrew.luck.ap/index.html#ixzz1Y61d8lbd

A team spokesman confirmed that Polian was in North Carolina over the weekend to watch Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. The game also served as a family reunion for the Polians, whose son, Brian, is an assistant at Stanford. Polian has a home in North Carolina, where he plans to retire.

Archived