Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coming from a Giants fan.. thanks for beating us

Crestor

Wow. The Colts GM scouting Luck? SHOCKER!

Ahh, pulling one of these numbers I see:

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

Seriously, have a logical argument as to why Luck has no chance of being a Colt?, and is it really that much of a stretch that the Colts may be a bad team this year? Really?

Who pissed in your wheaties, bro? Did you read the article? He went to scout Luck DAYs after they found out the injury would keep Manning out awhile. The only one being illogical in this thread is you.

"no team will be willing to trade up for Luck" - that's just silly. If he's the second coming of Payton Manning, plenty of teams will be interested in mortgaging the future to trade up and get him - and I bet the Redskins would be one of them. Teams are usually willing to give up a lot for franchise Qbs.

"no team will be willing to trade up for Luck" - that's just silly. If he's the second coming of Payton Manning, plenty of teams will be interested in mortgaging the future to trade up and get him - and I bet the Redskins would be one of them. Teams are usually willing to give up a lot for franchise Qbs.

It takes 2 to tango... What will it take to get Andrew Luck? I'm thinking it would need to be 1 top ten pick 2012, 1 first rounder 2012 and 1 first rounder 2013. I honestly think with Shanahan It'd be him who demands that rather than trades that. He can even use the Manning example of "You can draft for luxury the next 3 years and STILL be on track to have a Super Bowl caliber team while he's still developing."

It takes 2 to tango... What will it take to get Andrew Luck? I'm thinking it would need to be 1 top ten pick 2012, 1 first rounder 2012 and 1 first rounder 2013. I honestly think with Shanahan It'd be him who demands that rather than trades that. He can even use the Manning example of "You can draft for luxury the next 3 years and STILL be on track to have a Super Bowl caliber team while he's still developing."

There may also be teams that could use a QB, however, would take all of those draft picks instead of the one player.

Best case scenario (for us), Panthers get the #1 pick again :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade of the #1 pick next year. Remember, the #1 pick is far more valuable with the new CBA than it was in the past. The Rookie salary cap ensures that if the player is bust, at least teams won't be struggling to deal with a huge contract. Just compare the contracts for the #1 draft pick the last 2 years:

2010 Sam Bradford: 6 years $78 million, $50 million in guarantees

2011 Cam Newton: 4 years $22 million, fully guaranteed

Am I a bad person for hoping Andrew Luck is a huge bust? I don't think I've ever heard so much hype for a player before, I am so sick of it already.

I'm with you. Honestly, he didn't look that good against Duke last saturday. Duke. He should have had 600 yards if what I'm hearing about him is true. He didn't- he struggled in the 1st half.

Duke for chrissakes. Duke.

---------- Post added September-16th-2011 at 09:19 AM ----------

Seriously, have a logical argument as to why Luck has no chance of being a Colt?, and is it really that much of a stretch that the Colts may be a bad team this year? Really?

Polian's son is Stanford's recruiting coordinator. There are also some legitimate first round picks on that STanford line. The Colts need help there as well. Polian was at the Stanford game. That's all we know. Extrapolating that into the Colts tanking the season to take Luck is ridiculous.

---------- Post added September-16th-2011 at 09:19 AM ----------

Polian's son is Stanford's recruiting coordinator. There are also some legitimate first round picks on that STanford line. The Colts need help there as well. Polian was at the Stanford game. That's all we know. Extrapolating that into the Colts tanking the season to take Luck is ridiculous.

Not sure where I ever said the colts were tanking the season, could you please point that out for me please?

you were using Polian's trip to Stanford as proof for your theory that Indy is targeting Luck. The rest is semantics.

Still don't think they are tanking the season, seems you just threw that in there - I don't beleive in teams tanking a season in the NFL.

I just think they are going to be a bad team, that is going to be looking for a QB next year.

---------- Post added September-16th-2011 at 01:17 PM ----------

Also, I just posted that article because I thought it was interesting. It's the folks in Indy who are saying he went there to scout luck:

Colts president Bill Polian was seen scouting Luck on Saturday but Polian mentioned that he was just doing his due diligence. Owner Jim Irsay tweeted this morning that they are not in the running for Luck despite Polian being attendance.

Nonetheless, not as outrageous as people are making it seem. "wow, he just said the Colts will be drafting Luck, OMG wth is wrong with that guy - there's more chance of a spaghetti monster orbiting the earth!" :D

Seriously, it's not like I said he was going to New England or Green Bay lol

While I am not going to thank the Redskins for beating the Giants, I do believe it is a good thing that it happened. The players didn't play with any enthusiasm or intensity. The Redskins looked like they were ready and the Giants were going through the motions. I do believe the Giants are better than what they looked like and that loss may wake them up a bit. I also saw where Tuck is coming back and Osi looked good in individual drills coming out of 3 and 4 point stances. If Osi comes back agains the Eagles, I give the Giants a chance to beat them. They will be able to blitz Vick from every which way but up. Getting past the Rams is a must win. They need to come out fired up and play hard in their home opener or Giant fans will turn on them quickly.

;8532910']While I am not going to thank the Redskins for beating the Giants' date=' I do believe it is a good thing that it happened. The players didn't play with any enthusiasm or intensity. The Redskins looked like they were ready and the Giants were going through the motions. I do believe the Giants are better than what they looked like and that loss may wake them up a bit. I also saw where Tuck is coming back and Osi looked good in individual drills coming out of 3 and 4 point stances. If Osi comes back agains the Eagles, I give the Giants a chance to beat them. They will be able to blitz Vick from every which way but up. Getting past the Rams is a must win. They need to come out fired up and play hard in their home opener or Giant fans will turn on them quickly.[/quote']

Tom, I could tell during the game that even though your defense was riddled with injury, they were still getting a lot of pressure.

People are going to count out any team the Redskins beat this year, because we are supposed to be a 2-4 win team, and people always count out the Giants too quickly.

I also think the Giants match up well with the Eagles, mainly because of your rushing attack (Bradshaw/Jacobs) going up against the Eagles run defense - I think they could be one of the worst teams in the league against the run. They certainly don't make dream teams like they used to.

You'll beat the rams.

You pretty much nailed it. It would probably take THREE first round picks to move up and take a guy like Luck. Amish, THAT'S why I said that no team would be willing to do that. Aint happening. Especially when there have been busts like Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, among others, that went #1, and sucked.

And like I said, the Colts will be bad, but not THAT bad. They're not anywhere close to the worst team in the NFL..even with Collins. You're not being logical. What WILL end up happening is towards the end of the season, teams like the Seahawks, Bengals, etc will probably start tanking games to get in position for the #1 pick. I could definitely see that happening.

---------- Post added September-17th-2011 at 12:54 AM ----------

There may also be teams that could use a QB, however, would take all of those draft picks instead of the one player.

Best case scenario (for us), Panthers get the #1 pick again :)

As much as I want that to happen (can't stand the Panthers), it's not.

That was how Jacksonville was thinking as well. Denver too when they fired Shanahan.

Good luck with that.

It's funny that you mention Denver. Because the Broncos under Shanahan is exactly what I'm afraid the Giants are becoming. After his two Superbowl wins, Shanahan only managed to win one more playoff game in the 10 years he was with the team afterwards. Yet despite the growing number of disappointing seasons, Denver held on to Shanahan because he'd won the Superbowl years ago.

Is firing Coughlin if the Giants miss the playoffs again guaranteed to work? No. Did Denver make one of the worst head coaching hires of all time after they fired Shanahan? Absolutely. But I would much, much rather see my favorite team strive for greatness and fail than settle for being a little above average. The goal of every NFL season should be to win the Superbowl, not to merely be competitive. The Superbowl is in the past, Coughlin needs to start producing results now.

It's funny that you mention Denver. Because the Broncos under Shanahan is exactly what I'm afraid the Giants are becoming. After his two Superbowl wins, Shanahan only managed to win one more playoff game in the 10 years he was with the team afterwards. Yet despite the growing number of disappointing seasons, Denver held on to Shanahan because he'd won the Superbowl years ago.

Is firing Coughlin if the Giants miss the playoffs again guaranteed to work? No. Did Denver make one of the worst head coaching hires of all time after they fired Shanahan? Absolutely. But I would much, much rather see my favorite team strive for greatness and fail than settle for being a little above average. The goal of every NFL season should be to win the Superbowl, not to merely be competitive. The Superbowl is in the past, Coughlin needs to start producing results now.

You might end up with a run like the Giants had from the 60's to the late 80's. New coach every few years but never even win the division.

Face it. The 2007 Giants were lucky. They got lucky in the playoffs and they got lucky during the Super Bowl. Coughlin kept the team competitive and luck and doing things the way they always have, won them a Super Bowl. Consistency is why what he does works.

Just like in 1990 when the Giants beat San Fran (Roger Craig gifted the Giants the win in the 4th) to go to face the Bills, just like Norwood missing the kick. Luck is a big part of winning championships but if you aren't even competitive you won't have a shot. That's what you risk by changing coaches from one that has always given you a shot.

There haven't been many NFL champions that didn't require a little luck to get them a title but they never would have been there in the first place if they were led by incompetence. I.E. Spurrier, Zorn. Hell, even Fassel got you guys TO a Super Bowl but he was no where close to as consistent at Coughlin. Coughlin was very very close to getting Jax to the Super Bowl after a 9-7 season.

Gibbs needed a lot of luck to get to the first Redskins Super Bowl. Moseley wasn't a good kicker but if he hadn't nailed over 20+ straight we'd have had to play on the road in the Playoffs. If the 1987 Redskins hadn't had Green break a kick for a score, same thing. The Favre Packers too, Desmond Howard got Farve his 1 Ring. If not for that would we be talking about Bledsoe in the HOF instead?

You might end up with a run like the Giants had from the 60's to the late 80's. New coach every few years but never even win the division.
I realize that. But fear of failure isn't a good enough reason not to try. Plus, the Giants would still have their quality scouting and drafting, so it's not likely they would be THAT bad for that long.
Face it. The 2007 Giants were lucky. They got lucky in the playoffs and they got lucky during the Super Bowl. Coughlin kept the team competitive and luck and doing things the way they always have, won them a Super Bowl. Consistency is why what he does works.
And doing things the way he's always done them has lead to two consecutive seasons without a playoff berth and 6 out of 7 seasons without a playoff win. That's not the kind of consistency I enjoy.

I realize that. But fear of failure isn't a good enough reason not to try. Plus, the Giants would still have their quality scouting and drafting, so it's not likely they would be THAT bad for that long.

And doing things the way he's always done them has lead to two consecutive seasons without a playoff berth and 6 out of 7 seasons without a playoff win. That's not the kind of consistency I enjoy.

Would you trade him for Belichick?

He hasn't had a playoff win since he LOST to you guys in the Super Bowl.

Gibbs needed a lot of luck to get to the first Redskins Super Bowl. Moseley wasn't a good kicker but if he hadn't nailed over 20+ straight we'd have had to play on the road in the Playoffs. If the 1987 Redskins hadn't had Green break a kick for a score, same thing. The Favre Packers too, Desmond Howard got Farve his 1 Ring. If not for that would we be talking about Bledsoe in the HOF instead?

In 1987, we were the 3rd seed, but the 1st seed Niners (13-2), 2nd seeded Bears (11-4) and the 4th seeded Saints (12-3) all lost. We were lucky we didn't have to face the Niners or Saints in the 2nd round thanks to the Vikings.

• 4 months later...
I'm tired of Eli and Coughlin and Reese. I sincerely thank the Redskins for winning yesterday. If I had it my way, the GIants would lose every game this year and cut eli/ fire coughlin/reese and draft Andrew Luck.

I was praying that the Redskins (a below average team no offense) would beat the Giants. All I have to say is thank you. :logo::logo::logo:

troll-face-meme.png?w=604&h=453

Archived