Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

I can understand your stance. I'm a bit more empathetic to the actual players, and I admit that probably comes from me being a player myself. As long as a player has on our uniform, and until he gives me a reason not to(like Haynesworth), I will supprt him. Especially when the issue is a nagging injury that has lingered because the player has been axious to get back out there and help his teammates. I know that feeling, and sometimes you don't make the best choice- like surgery- but it doesn't come from ill will. He is just trying to get back for his team and us fans. I can respect that, and I just hope that going forward he can put aside those feelings and do what's best for the long term.

No, I think his injury is lingering because he won't get it fixed the right way. More people would be ok with it if he had done it after last season. And now he's put it off twice, not just once. Easy to see why people's patience is wearing thin.

Being a fan has a lot to do with loyalty in my opinion. We aren't GMs. It's not our job to be cut throat businessmen. I'm not saying that I don't understand you all's sentiment. If Landry can't heal up, he will have to be let go by the FO. I just think that he should get support from the fans until then since afterall, the injury has lingered so long because he's been rushing himself to get back out there to help his teammates and to entertain US.

I understand everyone is mad that he put off surgery, but what I don't see is people really considering why he's done it. My assumption is that it has something to do with wanting to get back out there as soon as possible. Surgeries usually have that definite recovery time, and Landry may not want to sit out that long so he tried to just rehab. That mentality of being a warrior and fighting through an injury to keep battling with your teammates is not uncommon in this sport. It's that same mentality that fans will celebrate when it works out, Landry is being ridiculed for here.

• 1 month later...
I honestly think Landry is going to have a monster year with the Jets, no lie. I wish we could have agreed with him on a 1 or 2 year deal. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the pro bowl. Many of you might disagree but we shall see.

I think the same thing. Everyone is saying that the are glad he left and hes gonmna ride the bench and have a horrible season and such. that is hiding the fact that dont wont him to do good in another system on another team. if we resigned him then the chatter would be completely different. They dont want him to do well in NYC because then we would look like fools again for letting someone go that we shouldnt have. Too many skins fans are haters, and i think its just so the feel better about themselves. And its not just about Landry, its about alot of players that have been through this door

I honestly think Landry is going to have a monster year with the Jets, no lie. I wish we could have agreed with him on a 1 or 2 year deal. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the pro bowl. Many of you might disagree but we shall see.

I cant say that I think it will happen but it is a fear of mine. I think he will intimidate other teams with his muscles, from the sidelines. I know and understand why the team had to part ways with him. I just know the guy has the talent and IF he stays healthy it will suck to see him dominate elsewhere. I still wish the guy luck.

Interesting that so many fans seem to still be trying to appease Landry (like he would ever look on this board), and yet he is still posting and leaking as much negative stuff as he can, despite being a member of another team. He got paid a truckload of money for underperforming and yet seems to think he got the short end of the stick.

I cant say that I think it will happen but it is a fear of mine. I think he will intimidate other teams with his muscles, from the sidelines. I know and understand why the team had to part ways with him. I just know the guy has the talent and IF he stays healthy it will suck to see him dominate elsewhere. I still wish the guy luck.

He had the physical talent. Whether that remains in the wake of his more recent health issues has yet to fully be seen. The mental talent was always questionable, though, even when he was at his best.

He might yet become productive again but he'll likely never be what we hoped he would be when he was drafted.

I've been anti-Landry for a long while now. 07-09 he was a liability & below average player/playmaker. Always parading around like a buffoon after hits down field that resulted in 1st downs. Late hits. Plenty of horrid play. I was happy to see him succeed when he initially switched to SS in 2010, but ever since the injury he has become increasingly unlikeable. He refuses to opt for surgery, he wasnt good when he played last year & his career, overall, consists of maybe 16 good games total since 2007. Good riddance, Landry, the locker room sure will miss you :ols:

Archived