Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

I have to agree with the two respondents and the articulation towards Saun Taylor, the day he started playing the ball and not trying to thump people into the middle of the following week was when ST got real dangerous cos he was attacking the thing you need to score with the football, LL is getting there it takes some time to get your hard hitting reputation established, but you belt someone they replace him we get the ball now that is a different story, as i keep saying we all need to be patient when the offence gets looked after next april and this defence can spend more time watching than playing then you will see this defence flower, and we will start to win games

Did Landry play this past game against Dallas? I really don't know? Didn't see him and I was watching in a bar, so I couldn't hear to well.

No, he was out. And honestly, the defense didn't seem to suffer because of it. He is looking expendable right now.

Landry was out and the defense was as good as it has been. The SS is major for covering guys like Witten, but up until that big touchdown catch, Witten hadn't sniffed the ball much all game, and I think that was a blown coverage or a hole in the zone. D. Hall was near him, idk if it was his assignment but I doubt having Landry on the field for that play changes anything.

I dunno, LaRon seems pretty unimportant honestly.

Landry was out and the defense was as good as it has been. The SS is major for covering guys like Witten, but up until that big touchdown catch, Witten hadn't sniffed the ball much all game, and I think that was a blown coverage or a hole in the zone. D. Hall was near him, idk if it was his assignment but I doubt having Landry on the field for that play changes anything.

Riley was a little too shallow in his zone giving the big opening over his head for the pass down the middle.

We need to let Landry walk. He will command a decent payday for an average strong safety. I'm sick and ****ing tired of seeing his name on the injury report every week wondering if he is going to play or not. He will never be healthy again either....it's going to be a nagging injury every week.

In response to those replies for today.

I may be in the minority here, but I want Landry on this team. Solid game by Gomes, but Landry is a great fit for this "D". Yes he is battling injuries, but I wouldn't let him walk. I don't think he can ask for a big time pay day. Get rid of the muscle flexing and taunting, but dude is a baller.

i still believe in Laron landry. I think he can be the player we all want him to be with the right coaching. Haslett has taken one step and put him closer to the line which has made him 100x better then when he was with blache. If he can get his head straight and start hitting the film room instead of the weight room i think you will see a full time playmaking safety instead of just the flashes we have been seeing this season.

Has everyone already forgotten how well he was doing in 2010 when he was on pace for Defensive player of they year? The achillies injury must be still nagging him. Let him get to 100% and mature some more.

I just dont want to give up one of our potentially BEST players on defense that WE drafted and developed.

Hall took responsibility for letting Witten get past him. Landry is overrated and I am ready for him to go.

Hall took responsibility for letting Witten get past him. Landry is overrated and I am ready for him to go.

That's great that Hall stepped up and said it was his fault, but Gomes was also out of position and got burnt just like Hall did. So I refuse to put the blame all on Hall for that play.

O.K. They both blow. Let's take advantage of Hall's remorse moment and restructure his contract.

Why would hall want to restructure his contract :ols: You don't restructure unless you get MORE guaranteed money. He either want's more money or wants to be cut so he can get more money with the next team.

IMO it's extremely rare that a player gets this much playing time and all of sudden becomes a great player. Landry has been starting for 4 or 5 years now and we keep talking about potential. He is who he is. He is good but not great. Not top tier in coverage and takes a ton of bad angle. If he had been on the bench all this time, we could have said "well maybe he just needs playing time to get the feel of the game". Not the case here...he's had plenty of chances. On the flip-side. Sean Taylor came out swinging rookie year in pre-season and never looked back....but that was Sean Taylor.

I am so tired of this thread already. every week, we find some other insignificant reason to call out landry.I really dont understand the animosity this man recieves from ES. Hes played pretty well this seasoson despite a potentially career threatening injury. I doubt any of you were "tired" of laron when he showed up in the dallas game forcing a fumble and roaming the seconday anihilating laurent robinson. I certainly wasn't "tired" of him when he ran down vick, knocked him out of the game leading to a vince young INT. Are there any other safeties on the team that have made impact plays? And as to trash talking, stop being old cantankerous geezers. These guys like to have fun out there, and part of that comes from playful trashtalking- whether you're winning or losing. Laron has been noticeably better about it this year, then in years prior. As long as hes not incurring any late hit penalties, i have zero issues with him talking and having some fun. It does not have any negative effect on the team, so everyone should relax

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 06:00 PM ----------

and the bottom line, is when healthy, there are few safeties in the league that can do what laron can do athletically. Your kidding yourselves if you think this defense is better without him

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 07:19 PM ----------

That's great that Hall stepped up and said it was his fault, but Gomes was also out of position and got burnt just like Hall did. So I refuse to put the blame all on Hall for that play.

Gomes Was not hustling at all on that play. Hall was at least sprinting to catch witten. I couldn't believe Gomes was jogging after witten.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 07:25 PM ----------

If we let Landry go we either draft another safety, get a veteran in free safety, or have Gomes and Doughty at FS. All of those are bad. Considering how Landry was playing last season (yea I know, it was last season), that we drafted him with a first round pick 4 years ago, and that he is clearly our best option, I think it would be insane to let him go. He has a long career ahead of him, this lockout screwed a lot of people out of getting proper treatment in the offseason, and has most likely contributed to the amount of injuries we are seeing this year. Landry is a baller, so he is having a rough stretch, whatever, at minimum franchise him. Remember when Sean had a "off year"? I do, he still led the team in tackles that year, but people were freaking out about it. He then made the pro bowl the following year. Just because a player has some rough games, it gives no reason to get rid of them, especially someone with the talent landry has. Yea he talks a lot, so do a lot of players. You really want to get rid of a guy because you are tired of him celebrating? We are no where near good enough to let go of players for that reason.

Are there any other safeties on the team that have made impact plays? And as to trash talking, stop being old cantankerous geezers. These guys like to have fun out there, and part of that comes from playful trashtalking- whether you're winning or losing. Laron has been noticeably better about it this year, then in years prior. As long as hes not incurring any late hit penalties, i have zero issues with him talking and having some fun. It does not have any negative effect on the team, so everyone should relax

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 06:00 PM ----------

Can someone tell me that they like it when Laron fails to stop someone before converting a 3rd and 75 and then flexes his biceps after making a big hit instead of a good tackle...Then I will relax...

I think there is something else that is developing as well that is going to impact his effectiveness. It use to be in the NFL when you had a hard hitting safety, they could create havoc separating the receivers from the ball after the catch or making receivers think twice about coming over the middle but the way the NFL is calling these bull**** calls and protecting the receivers and quarterbacks, I don't think a guy like Landry is going to be as effective.

Landry is a baller, so he is having a rough stretch, whatever, at minimum franchise him. Remember when Sean had a "off year"? I do, he still led the team in tackles that year, but people were freaking out about it. He then made the pro bowl the following year. Just because a player has some rough games, it gives no reason to get rid of them, especially someone with the talent landry has.

Don't even make that comparison. Landry has only had one "on year" in his entire career and that was when he missed half the season. Take that away and he is, right now, what he has always been: a good player but not one who seems capable of living up to his draft status or stepping out of the shadow of the player who preceded him. I have no opposition to franchising him for a year or re-signing him at the right price. However, I get the sneaking suspicion that, like Carlos Rogers, Landry may have an overinflated sense of self-worth and will demand top safety money. If that's the case then you just let him go (or, again, franchise him and make him earn the money he wants).

However, I get the sneaking suspicion that, like Carlos Rogers, Landry may have an overinflated sense of self-worth and will demand top safety money. If that's the case then you just let him go (or, again, franchise him and make him earn the money he wants).

Yea, like top 3 safety money? I beleive that's what the insider info is on the matter.

Like someone said above, the changes in rules nullify his hard-hitting play. How do you justify putting all that dough in to a guy who is oft injured and doesn't scare anybody anymore? Besides the fact is that his achilles needs repair and a possible year rehab.

Just doesn't make any sense.

Carlos will get his money next year. He seems to be one of the players who will benefit from doing a one-year deal. He is playing at a high-level and will likely be rewarded with a decent contract. He will fair much better than if he had taken a multi-year deal at a reduced price.

Hopefully with Laron's injury the market will be soft and we can bring him back at a decent price. I want to see him go ahead and have the surgery and then come back next year fully healthy (even if it is not at the start of the season).

Archived