Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

I don't get ES and Skins fans when it comes to Landry. It seems like they just wait for him to make a mistake, it's like they WANT it to happen. But it doesn't matter, if he stays healthy, he will be on this team for years to come.

A lot of people want Sean Taylor and Landry is nowhere even close to being that caliber of player, he just doesn't have the same pure football instinct and is also a couple steps slower. Personally, I like Landry but I'm not so convinced he's worth the contract he signed as a rookie, let alone what he will earn after he signs a new deal. He's certainly not much of an upgrade over Ryan Clark.

whoa there......Rak is. Rak is a fine player, and the best young player on the team. he does more then juts get after the passer, dude plays the run like a beast, and has a GREAT winning attitude......I would l0ove to see Rak leave Washington........I hate rooting for him to succeed in the skins colors, but i do because i have fo9llowed him a long time.....

and i dont understand the hate against him at all. He is MUCH better then Kerry!

Orakpo plays like a guy who has skated by on pure athletic talent his entire football career and the end result is that his game has some serious limitations. If he can overcome those limitations he has a very high ceiling but it should be fairly understandable that a lot of us are running out of optimism. If he stays where he is right now he's still a good starter... but he's not the player many people hyped him up to be coming out of Texas and after his rookie season.

what are these IDP rankings and give me a ****ing link.

It appears to be a fantasy football ranking system. I hadent heard of it before either so i did a search.

http://www.athlonsports.com/columns/waiver-wire/2011-fantasy-football-ranks-idp-positional-rankings

They have him ranked 6th in DB's above Ed Reed and Charles Woodson....

Gotta love fantasy football.

landrys only issue is his stupid behavior sometimes, and i can live with that as long as he produces.

his injuries scare me, thats all i worry about. if the medical staff thinks hes ok to sign to a deal, im cool with it.

With his upcoming offseason surgery, and the rumors of our very promising cap situation, all signs point to a franchised #30 next year in my book. It's a one year rental to make sure the car's been fixed.

With his upcoming offseason surgery, and the rumors of our very promising cap situation, all signs point to a franchised #30 next year in my book. It's a one year rental to make sure the car's been fixed.

hmm, i think youre right, although i wonder if theyd rather franchise davis. one of them will get a deal, one will get franchised IMO.

It appears to be a fantasy football ranking system. I hadent heard of it before either so i did a search.

http://www.athlonsports.com/columns/waiver-wire/2011-fantasy-football-ranks-idp-positional-rankings

They have him ranked 6th in DB's above Ed Reed and Charles Woodson....

Gotta love fantasy football.

did he really reference a fantasy football sheet to defend landry's cover skills? lmao

did he really reference a fantasy football sheet to defend landry's cover skills? lmao

I'm afraid he did. Fantasy football has made fans dumber and dumber every year. I have a big player at my favorite bar and some of the stuff he says is hilarious, and he backs it all up with fantasy numbers.

Our fans are getting worse and worse.

Laron or his brother? HAHA! You are using stats? What if Taylor was here, how would Landry look then? Thats what his brother has. Ed Reed.

As far as re-building the D? Seriously?? When your offense has 7 of 11 offensive possesions that go less than 10 yards, you really think the D can hold them? Man you guys are crazy.

This is year 2 of a 4 year rebuilding project. If you think we were supposed to some how be good with what has happended to us over the last 10 years, wow. You guys need to seriously take a step back and realize how little this team had in regards to talent.

People who knock Gibbs for only getting 2 playoff appearances in 4 years, really didnt pay attention. That guy proved why he is one of the best coaches ever. He had no talent compared to his first go around, yet still took a team today that cant win crap.

Mike Shannahan will correct this. But everyone needs to be patient. People need to understand a plan vs a year. We are doing this the right way. Even if he gets us only to 8-8 in year 5, that 8-8 is going to be a lot different than the 8-8 Zorn, Schotty or anyeone else had. This 8-8 will have depth and talent. But Kyle may be the one who screws it up.

I'm afraid he did. Fantasy football has made fans dumber and dumber every year. I have a big player at my favorite bar and some of the stuff he says is hilarious, and he backs it all up with fantasy numbers.

I don't play Fantasy. I'm completely against it.

But think of it like this..

I say we have a Top 10 fantasy QB,RB, or WR on this team and you say great! PLAYMAKER!

Then I say LL is a top 10 Fantasy db and you act like it doesn't matter.

You can't be a bad player and be ranked this highly.

Here are the players ranked close to him..

1 Eric Berry KC 6

2 Tyvon Branch OAK 8

3 T.J. Ward CLE 5

4 Troy Polamalu PIT 11

5 Roman Harper NO 11

6 LaRon Landry WAS 5

7 Eric Weddle SD 6

8 Donte Whitner SF 7

9 Charles Woodson GB 8

10 Yeremiah Bell

Any person that knows football can look at this list and say everybody on this list is an Above average player AT LEAST. But you look at it and say well...LaRon Landry poses a lot and all that good stuff and I don't really like him, so that list is GARBAGE. How can you look at proof that he is a pretty good player and still say "It doesn't matter".

And ummm....When did I say this was proof that he could cover? I was just giving this as proof that he's a good player.

As far as playmaking:

DaWan Landry has 12 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 TDs.

LaRon Landry has 6 interceptions, 6 forced fumbles, and 0 TDs.

Serious question...do we even have the best Landry?

I've already weighed in as not being a huge LaRon fan but DaWan does play for an infinitely better defense.

You guys want proof that he is a good player?

Here are John Kiems weekly Studs and Duds.

He REWATCHES every game and then gives you the best and worst players for that game.

Eagles game... http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/10/studs-and-duds-defense-redskins-eagles

Dallas game..... http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/nfl/2011/10/studs-and-duds-defense-redskins-cowboys

Rich Campbell does the same thing...

Eagles game http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/19/game-balls-gassers-and-observations-redskins-eagle/?page=all

Cowboys game http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/29/redskinscowboys-game-balls-gassers-and-observation/?page=all

Landry hasn't been a Dud in the 5 games he's played.

Want a list of players that have?

Fletch, Rak, Ryan, and Deangelo Hall.

I don't play Fantasy. I'm completely against it.

But think of it like this..

I say we have a Top 10 fantasy QB,RB, or WR on this team and you say great! PLAYMAKER!

Then I say LL is a top 10 Fantasy db and you act like it doesn't matter.

You can't be a bad player and be ranked this highly.

Here are the players ranked close to him..

1 Eric Berry KC 6

2 Tyvon Branch OAK 8

3 T.J. Ward CLE 5

4 Troy Polamalu PIT 11

5 Roman Harper NO 11

6 LaRon Landry WAS 5

7 Eric Weddle SD 6

8 Donte Whitner SF 7

9 Charles Woodson GB 8

10 Yeremiah Bell

Any person that knows football can look at this list and say everybody on this list is an Above average player AT LEAST. But you look at it and say well...LaRon Landry poses a lot and all that good stuff and I don't really like him, so that list is GARBAGE. How can you look at proof that he is a pretty good player and still say "It doesn't matter".

And ummm....When did I say this was proof that he could cover? I was just giving this as proof that he's a good player.

Hold on man, when did i say any of the things that your saying i said? Do i believe that fantasy stats equal success on the field? Nope. At the same time i would not say that Laron is better than Woodson or Reed but he's "ranked" higher so he must be better....Thats like saying that Calvin Johnson is a better all around receiver than Wes Welker because he gives you more points on your fantasy team.

Ive never not once said that i dont like him or that he is not a good player. Search the board search my posts. You will find nothing of the sort.

If you told me that we had a top 10 fantasy offensive player, i'd act the same as if you told me LL was a top 10 fantasy player. I'd shrug my shoulders. I can find better things to fantasize about. LOL.

Hold on man, when did i say any of the things that your saying i said? Do i believe that fantasy stats equal success on the field? Nope. At the same time i would not say that Laron is better than Woodson or Reed but he's "ranked" higher so he must be better....Thats like saying that Calvin Johnson is a better all around receiver than Wes Welker because he gives you more points on your fantasy team.

Ive never not once said that i dont like him or that he is not a good player. Search the board search my posts. You will find nothing of the sort.

If you told me that we had a top 10 fantasy offensive player, i'd act the same as if you told me LL was a top 10 fantasy player. I'd shrug my shoulders. I can find better things to fantasize about. LOL.

I apologize.

With that said.. What do you think of 30?

I apologize.

With that said.. What do you think of 30?

No need to, but accepted.

Personally i think he's a beast.He's not above mistakes though.ie taking the blame for the TD that resulted in him and Fletcher having a sideline argument yesterday.

I think the entire defense is flawed.

I guess I imagined Landry coming back in his first game knocking the ball loose against Dallas. Or knocking Vick out against the Eagles which led to an INT when Young came in. The complaining about Landry and Orakpo and even Hall has gotten ridiculous. The other team is going to make plays from time to time, but it's like as soon as they do, you guys think our players are over rated. This is the NFL, our players aren't playing against random scrubs.

The other team running a good play fake does not make Landry a bad player. It's good coaching and play calling by the other team.

The other team running a scheme that reads Orakpo, leading to some decent gains, does not make him a bad player. If anything, it shows how good he is because teams are scheming around him. That's something they aren't doing for Kerrigan yet so he is taking advantage. Not a knock either because they both are good players.

A WR MAKING A CATCH does not make Hall a bad player. This is the most annoying in my opinion because every single catch there are so many posts angry at Hall as if WRs aren't going to catch ANYTHING in the NFL.

Our players have plenty of room for improvement, and so do our fans. These fan assessments are lacking a lot of perspective, in my opinion.

As far as playmaking:

DaWan Landry has 12 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 TDs.

LaRon Landry has 6 interceptions, 6 forced fumbles, and 0 TDs.

Serious question...do we even have the best Landry?

How many more years has his brother been in the league playing with way more talent around him, seriously?

How many more years has his brother been in the league playing with way more talent around him, seriously?

Actually, Dawan was only drafted 1 year ahead of LaRon.

But they are different molds.

Brian Billick, who coached Dawaan for 3 years, said it best during the Rams game...

"I've coached Dawan and I've watched film on LaRon. Dawan is a thinker, he makes plays by knowing what the offense is gonna do. LaRon is a different animal. The guy is just a player. A beast."

Our fans are getting worse and worse.

Laron or his brother? HAHA! You are using stats? What if Taylor was here, how would Landry look then? Thats what his brother has. Ed Reed.

As far as re-building the D? Seriously?? When your offense has 7 of 11 offensive possesions that go less than 10 yards, you really think the D can hold them? Man you guys are crazy.

This is year 2 of a 4 year rebuilding project. If you think we were supposed to some how be good with what has happended to us over the last 10 years, wow. You guys need to seriously take a step back and realize how little this team had in regards to talent.

People who knock Gibbs for only getting 2 playoff appearances in 4 years, really didnt pay attention. That guy proved why he is one of the best coaches ever. He had no talent compared to his first go around, yet still took a team today that cant win crap.

Mike Shannahan will correct this. But everyone needs to be patient. People need to understand a plan vs a year. We are doing this the right way. Even if he gets us only to 8-8 in year 5, that 8-8 is going to be a lot different than the 8-8 Zorn, Schotty or anyeone else had. This 8-8 will have depth and talent. But Kyle may be the one who screws it up.

What the hell good is depth and talent if you're still 8-8!?! That's like saying the turd in this punch bowl doesnt taste as bad as the turd in that punch bowl, because the turd has more talent than the other. At the end of the day, you still have a stomach full of **** and everyone still has to watch this turd float around the punch bowl.

Archived