Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am So Tired of Laron Landry

KingGibbs

Good points. But this is what worries me, our defense is already bad enough. This could be fletch's last season depending on how it goes, without landry, we have no real impact players. The only impact defensive player we have right now is Ryan Kerrigan. Such a shame that so far, Landry and Orakpo are not living up to their draft status.

whoa there......Rak is. Rak is a fine player, and the best young player on the team. he does more then juts get after the passer, dude plays the run like a beast, and has a GREAT winning attitude......I would l0ove to see Rak leave Washington........I hate rooting for him to succeed in the skins colors, but i do because i have fo9llowed him a long time.....

and i dont understand the hate against him at all. He is MUCH better then Kerry!

Ryan

Brian

LaRon

Are the only players you can build around on this team moving forward. I don't care if I get drilled for this but when momentum/game changing plays are made our offense doesn't capitalize off of them. Nobody plays perfect football.

Ryan's momentum changing plays one us our first games. LaRon's were huge in Dallas and Philly and our offense did nothing.

whoa there......Rak is. Rak is a fine player, and the best young player on the team. he does more then juts get after the passer, dude plays the run like a beast, and has a GREAT winning attitude......I would l0ove to see Rak leave Washington........I hate rooting for him to succeed in the skins colors, but i do because i have fo9llowed him a long time.....

and i dont understand the hate against him at all. He is MUCH better then Kerry!

ahh ive been talking about this for a while now. Rak is not the playmaker that every redskins fan thinks he is. Look past his sack numbers, and his flashiness as a player. Yes he is good in rushing the passer but if you really think that he can play the run like a beast, you have not been watching skins games. He's non-existent in the run game. Kerrigan is on his way to becoming a MUCH more complete LB than Orakpo. Ill give you 2 examples off the top of my head

1) First game of Kerrigans career, he has a game changing play - IMPACT play - that basically sealed the game for us. Orakpo has never had a pick, never really made that IMPACT play that we needed. Sure he did have that one holding call on him last year for the first game against Dallas, but how many times are the refs going to give us that call.. not always.

2) Yesterdays game against the Bills, Kerrigan located and diagnosed two running plays in the backfield and stopped Jackson for negative running yards. Orakpo has never done this either. I dont think ive ever remembered him stopping a rusher in the backfield for a loss.

Basically, the guy is a one-trick pony. people are finally starting to see it and HOPEFULLY he can improve his abilities as an all around OLB.

Edit- CRAP i forgot this was an anti-landry thread, not an anti-orakpo. my bad

I'm not on the LL Bash Wagon. When you blitz you expose everyone. We were able to mask our weaknesses for a few games but now everybody knows. If a player like LL is caught out of position, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe the wrong defense was called. However, the play where Fletch was caught one-on-one for a TD definitely appeared to be a case of looking in the backfield by the safety. There's enough blame for everyone. It's not an individual's fault that we lost.

My opinion has NOTHING to do with his playing. I think he's a really good football player.

This is about his punk ass behavior week in and week out. He's an embarrassment.

Ryan

Brian

LaRon

Are the only players you can build around on this team moving forward. I don't care if I get drilled for this but when momentum/game changing plays are made our offense doesn't capitalize off of them. Nobody plays perfect football.

Ryan's momentum changing plays one us our first games. LaRon's were huge in Dallas and Philly and our offense did nothing.

Carriker, Bowen, Cofield (although i think he'd be better at DE) have all held their own.

prior to getting hurt last year, he looked like the best player on defense. but yes i do agree that if a player is injured, he is no use to the team. he kinda reminds me of bob sanders.. good player, but always hurt. one thing he needs to do is stop bulking up. thats probably one of the reasons he keeps getting injured, he has TOO MUCH muscle. dude looks like a linebacker on steroids. theres no need for a safety to be that buff.

A David Boston on defense....Landry was stellar w/ Taylor back there with him, he (Taylor) was the REAL DEAL. Since then, Landry has been OK, was doing well last year prior to injury, started off this year injured and is injured again....WOW. Ive always thought he gambled, got sucered on double moves and pump fakes and has ALWAYS took some BAD angles. Hes slightly above average.

so big question: do we resign landry or let him walk?

drug test first and foremost... resign for a 2-3 year deal. We need to be looking at replacement FS or let Gomes show what he's got. Atogwe has been like Mcnabb, good before he got here and age is catching up.

My opinion has NOTHING to do with his playing. I think he's a really good football player.

This is about his punk ass behavior week in and week out. He's an embarrassment.

I bet when Landry was playing on the highest level than any other Safety in the league last season, you didn't give a damn about his "punk ass behavior".

I think that Landry flexxing and yelling at a player tackled 15 yards down the field makes him look ridiculous to. But none of that dumb **** takes away from his playmaking ability.

So, all of you moral judgers go right ahead and convict Landry of the petty **** that he is being charged of, because we are just that good that we can afford to be that picky and lose talent like him.

Landry is extremely over-rated. He is always looking for the kill shot and as a result he is frequently out of position or overruns the play. He is a run support safety playing in a pass first league. I think he would fit better in a Gary Fencik role in a 46 defense. He is a liability in pass coverage. Yesterday he was getting buried by Buffalo's tackles when he was in run support and shooting his mouth off when he tackled a player 15 yards downfield. All that being said I hate the idea of letting him go for nothing. I would want to resign him but then trade him.

Shanny and Haslett do love him. He does a lot of things well.

He's just not what we hoped when we drafted him so high. He isn't that great in pass coverage. He has a tendency to make mental mistakes and seems to have poor fundamentals that he makes up for with his athleticism

Landry is extremely over-rated. He is always looking for the kill shot and as a result he is frequently out of position or overruns the play. He is a run support safety playing in a pass first league. I think he would fit better in a Gary Fencik role in a 46 defense. He is a liability in pass coverage. Yesterday he was getting buried by Buffalo's tackles when he was in run support and shooting his mouth off when he tackled a player 15 yards downfield. All that being said I hate the idea of letting him go for nothing. I would want to resign him but then trade him.

Man there are other posts to articles all over the Net today talking about this. I posted something about this earlier in this thread in the past week leading up to the Bill's game and had to deal with the Landry apologists. First of all LaRon be less concerned about your HGH physique. Can't figure out the play, or what a particular D is prone to do, get into the film room, not the weight room. Don't remember how to tackle? Well you and your teammates who have for the past three games embraced your shoulder tackling philosophy should visit a Pee Wee football game and get back to tackling fundamentals. Need to celebrate after the most routine plays? Get your overrated low self-esteem back to the damn huddle and prepare for the next down.

I do not have any problem losing if a guy makes an effort but seriously anyone seeing a true concerted effort on our D with the exception of Fletch and Kerrigan, who gets a pass cause he is a Rookie.

if he could make an outstanding game changing play...just once...

You mean like the play vs the Eagles where he forced Vince Young to throw an INT to Dhall in the 3rd Quarter of a 13 point game?

Or him making an open field tackle on Mike Vick the play before to knock him out of the game?

Or like the FF in his first series this year vs Dallas?

Or his monster hit to make Lurant Robinson drop a 40 yard pass?

Or his sack vs Carolina?

Or him giving Stevie Johnson alligator arms to save a first down yesterday?

How is he supposed to do any better than this?

He's coming back from a broken wrist and an Achilles strain. This was his 5th game back?

What does him jawing have to do with anything? Yeah, it's good to not have your players jaw after a first down, although, he never did after a first down.

He and Fred Jackson were obviously friends. They were padding each other on the helmets after almost every play.

Face it, it doesn't matter what you guys say.

Matt Bowen has said that he is the best box safety in the league.

Jason Ried said that a coach told him that Landry is an Elite safety.

The IDP rankings have him as the second best DB this year.

Can you tell me one time other than yesterday that he had a lapse in coverage?

No, that's because he has been great in coverage this year.

Now am I saying he is perfect? No.

Sometimes (Ecspecially yesterday) he doesn't realize that a receiver that he isn't covering caught the ball, and is late to pursue.

He does bite on PA, but this year, his speed has allowed him to catch back up to the TE or the person he's covering.

I don't get ES and Skins fans when it comes to Landry. It seems like they just wait for him to make a mistake, it's like they WANT it to happen. But it doesn't matter, if he stays healthy, he will be on this team for years to come.

Archived