Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I'm interested in the possibility of a guy like Denard Robinson for the Skins. I was probably the major advocate of the Skins getting Tebow and I think that Robinson can bring some of that element in a different way. I'm not talking about a Wildcat QB, but more like a lead offensive weapon. Based on his skills, size and speed, etc. I'm talking about him being like a Percy Harvin or Chris Rainey type of role, but with throwing ability.

Robinson doesnt throw well enough to get QB considertion for an early pick and based on Chris Rainey (who is significantly smaller) going in the 5th, I would think we could get Denard with a 2nd or 3rd to bring an explosive element to our RB and WR corps. I think the NFL is starting to move towards more creativity and mismatches with hybrid players like these TEs and I can only hope our coaches are imaginative enough to see the mismatches that RG3 and DR on the field together can cause. That's just one guy I'm gonna keep my eye on and follow his draft stock.

I'm interested in the possibility of a guy like Denard Robinson for the Skins. I was probably the major advocate of the Skins getting Tebow and I think that Robinson can bring some of that element in a different way. I'm not talking about a Wildcat QB, but more like a lead offensive weapon. Based on his skills, size and speed, etc. I'm talking about him being like a Percy Harvin or Chris Rainey type of role, but with throwing ability.

Robinson doesnt throw well enough to get QB considertion for an early pick and based on Chris Rainey (who is significantly smaller) going in the 5th, I would think we could get Denard with a 2nd or 3rd to bring an explosive element to our RB and WR corps. I think the NFL is starting to move towards more creativity and mismatches with hybrid players like these TEs and I can only hope our coaches are imaginative enough to see the mismatches that RG3 and DR on the field together can cause. That's just one guy I'm gonna keep my eye on and follow his draft stock.

Probably can get him in the 4th or 5th to b real with you. But I do agree he could b deadly on the same field with RG3.

I am really, really intrigued by the thought of Robinson Gore. Certainly a great offensive football player (we really need a more specific term for guys like him and Tebow).

What I like about Robinson is that, beyond the speed and the creativity, he's a really tough player. For a little guy, he's fearless and poised. I like the idea of how that kind of cold blooded QB demeanor and also the field vision translates to the ball carrier positions when the athletic tools are outstanding. I like having guys in the offense who can grasp the big picture like QBs have to do.

It seems to me the third round range would be a really good one to get a player like that.

For a QB prediction, I think Logan Thomas can continue to turn some heads with increased development. The guy has the physical presence of a Cam Newton type QB. He can dominate college competition physically and he's unflappable, I don't really see anyone else in the country with his strength, movement, and size at the QB position.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 06:24 PM ----------

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/05/2011-run-stop-percentage-cornerbacks/

Another awesome write up from PFF includes DeAngelo Hall in it

Good stuff Dukes. I had a sense that Deangelo had quietly become one of the better run defending corners in the NFL the past two seasons, so it was cool to see him mentioned here.

Deangelo is very active. He's a high motor player that finds the ball. And he's not shy about contact. He's not a strong player. But he's a physical player that will dive into the thick of things and grind it out. That's not really that typical among corners.

I'm thinking Brian McNally pushes out White or Jackson and makes the team. I need to see him play certainly, but he seems like a good football player. I have to wonder why he was not drafted and given a chance at OLB.

Never understood the love for Jackson. He's never looked anything more than a distinctly average depth guy to me when he has had a chance to see the field. Guess it's because we drafted him, shrugs. White's a harder guy to judge as we've seen next to nothing of him. He was activated what, the last couple of games last year? And did he see the field? On coverage maybe.

But yeah, on the whole I'm as enthused on two or three of the UFA's as I am the drafted rooks.

Hail.

I'd be thrilled if we could get him in the 3-5 round range, but I think that he has enough size (6'0", 195) to go with his dynamic playmaking to get him into the 2nd round mix if he's open to working out at WR and does well in drills.

I just think about how devastating the no huddle shotgun spread option would be for a defense to not know which 4.3 QB has the ball at handoff.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 07:26 PM ----------

Also, DeAngelo is not the liability that many make him out to be. Is he a shutdown All-Pro? No, but he's a ball hawking, aggressive, playmaker that is solid against the run. Does he run his mouth too much? Yeah, but he shows emotional leadership, lays it all on the line, and has his teammates' backs. He's a solid #1, but would be one of the best #2 CBs in the league if we can find an upgrade. I feel the same way about Wilson. We need a bonafide guy to come in and bump everyone down a spot on the chart.

Skins fans have been spoiled to have had Green, Champ, Smoot (he was really solid before he got paid), Springs, Rogers (could cover, not catch), and Hall. We've seen a lot of good CB play for like 25+ consecutive years so our expectations are a bit unrealistic.

I'd be thrilled if we could get him in the 3-5 round range, but I think that he has enough size (6'0", 195) to go with his dynamic playmaking to get him into the 2nd round mix if he's open to working out at WR and does well in drills.

I just think about how devastating the no huddle shotgun spread option would be for a defense to not know which 4.3 QB has the ball at handoff.

Its to many WRs next year for him to go 2nd or 3rd. Add to tht there will alot of other first year starters from next year draft. Next year is so deep I believe Shanny looked ahead and thought to himself. And said we can trade these picks cuz next you can get players tht can start in the 4th round.

People are really sleeping on Genome Smith. Now that I think about it Cousin not going to get us crap in a trade. To many QBs coming out.

QBs always have value in a trade if they perform well. If a team thinks he'll be a starter, then they'll be plenty willing to throw a 2nd at us vs. having the get a guy in the 1st, or even trade up.

Not that I expect Cousins to have many opportunities to show his stuff, but if he looks even remotely like Flynn he'll snag some value. And it doesn't have to be just next year either. We've got his rights for four years, so we can get trade value out of him any time between now and 2016 offseason, I think (not entirely certain how that RFA standing fits in here). Unless every QB who gets drafted in the top 2 rounds over the next three years succeeds, there'll be teams wanting of QBs.

That being said, Smith was on my list of QBs to watch for if we missed RGIII. He could do things in the NFL, and I'll watch him with great interest.

How could one forget the SMU pipeline / connection:

Zach Line - RB - SMU

Darius Johnson - WR - SMU

__

And athletic lineman

OT:

Taylor Lewan - Michigan

Luke Joeckel - Texas A&M

__

OG:

Gabe Ikard - Oklahoma (OG / OC)

Chris McDonald - Michigan St

_

Two offensive line players out of high school that I've seen cut-ups for

Laremy Tunsil - (FL) athletically built for zbs

Tyrone Crowder - (NC) reminds me of a heavier John Miller (Louisville)

RG3 let it slip in his interview that the player the Redskins wanted got picked 1 pick before us in the 4th, so we took the BPA (kirk cousins).

That player was Omar Bolden, CB ASU

Which is not a surprise, he was in Ashburn for a visit with the team and just seemed to be someone they would love to have. Bummer he went to Denver but it happens

I am not second guessing the Redskins draft whatsoever, they are a million times smarter than me in chosing talent and adding players that fit their scheme and needs. I hope every one of there picks makes the team and does well but these are the picks I would have liked to see them take i the draft now that it is over and I can look back.

1. Robert Griffin III QB Baylor

3. Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma

4. Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington

4. Keenan Robinson ILB Texas

5. Chris Rainey RB/WR Florida

6. Ryan Lindley QB San Diego St.

7. Nate Potter OL Boise St

7. Chris Polk RB Washington

Delvin Johnson Interview

"If you had to describe yourself to an NFL scout in three sentences or less what would you say?

I would say that i am a team oriented guy. I was raised by a married mother and father of 19 years so i understand the hard work that you blindly put in only to get results based on faith."

"Who would you like to thank for where you are in your life today?

I would thank my parents for where im at today. I was lucky enough to have two loving parents that raised a young man the correct way. At an early age it was instilled in my brain that you get out what you put in and ive been living by that standard my whole life."

Next years QB crop looks nothing short of amazing, but it's much too early to tell. This year looked really deep too and Landry Jones stunk up the place and Barkley stayed in school, leaving 2 QBs that were the elite prospects leaving everyone else picking up scraps. Off the top of my head these QBs are available next year and almost all of them are upgrades over Rex.

Barkley, Landry Jones, Geno Smith, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray are the big names and probably half of those names will come out. Other names that could get up there are Keith Price and EJ Manuel, a few others im too lazy to name. Couple that with a few QBs that will rise due to whatever reason like Tannehill and Gabbert did in their respective years and there is going to be a complete logjam at QB next year, you could be grabbing starters in the 4th round!

I'm pretty sure these guys are eligible next year, if they aren't or I forgot someone please forgive me.

I think Redskins should target one of the safeties next year, perhaps TJ McDonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester, or Tony Jefferson. It's annoying seeing how much we invested in our secondary in the past years to come up so empty in 2012. If we can get a true number 1 WR in 2013 we should hop on that too, all of our players are complete potential right now, could really use a bluechip go to receiver. Also goes without saying we will probably have some linemen that need replaced. No glaring holes as of now but it is only May so who knows what can change from now to January, because the NFL drastically changes very fast.

Next years QB crop looks nothing short of amazing, but it's much too early to tell. This year looked really deep too and Landry Jones stunk up the place and Barkley stayed in school, leaving 2 QBs that were the elite prospects leaving everyone else picking up scraps. Off the top of my head these QBs are available next year and almost all of them are upgrades over Rex.

Barkley, Landry Jones, Geno Smith, Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray are the big names and probably half of those names will come out. Other names that could get up there are Keith Price and EJ Manuel, a few others im too lazy to name. Couple that with a few QBs that will rise due to whatever reason like Tannehill and Gabbert did in their respective years and there is going to be a complete logjam at QB next year, you could be grabbing starters in the 4th round!

I'm pretty sure these guys are eligible next year, if they aren't or I forgot someone please forgive me.

I think Redskins should target one of the safeties next year, perhaps TJ McDonald, Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester, or Tony Jefferson. It's annoying seeing how much we invested in our secondary in the past years to come up so empty in 2012. If we can get a true number 1 WR in 2013 we should hop on that too, all of our players are complete potential right now, could really use a bluechip go to receiver. Also goes without saying we will probably have some linemen that need replaced. No glaring holes as of now but it is only May so who knows what can change from now to January, because the NFL drastically changes very fast.

I think we can come out of next year draft with a Stud CB, Stud S, a dangerous Playmaker, RB, and NT. I been looking at next year prospects and there so many Safeties on is goin to pushed down boards. I don't think we need a surefire #1. I think having multiple weapons for an Elite QB is all you need.

I have had a question about the thread title, but wanted to wait at least 900 pages. What exactly do you mean by "comprehensive?"

I got free medical advice in last year's version of the thread. If that's not comprehensive, then I don't want to know what is.

---------- Post added May-7th-2012 at 08:16 AM ----------

Next years QB crop looks nothing short of amazing, but it's much too early to tell. This year looked really deep too and Landry Jones stunk up the place and Barkley stayed in school, leaving 2 QBs that were the elite prospects leaving everyone else picking up scraps.

I'd hardly call Landry's season "stinking up the place."

Just the raw numbers themselves are impressive: 63.2% completions, 4,463 yards passing, 29 TDs, 15 INTs. And that's with Blake Bell vulturing touchdowns that would normally go to him.

The Vols will win the SEC East this year. Write it down. And as I said I'm a homer, but I'm being serious.

Georgia is so overrated it's not even funny. Murray will make some plays but as a whole that offense is nothing special (#1 WR = Tavarres King?

Tennessee will have one of the most explosive offenses in the SEC (West included) and IMHO any writer/analyst that doesn't see that simply isn't familiar with our personnel.

Tennessee is going to have a great passign attack, paired with the worst rushing offense in the SEC (by a wide margain) and average defense. Now, a QB with a high ceiling and the best WR in the country do not an SECE champ make.

Georgia, even if you think Murray is just average (which is interesting assessment of the 2nd best QB in the SEC last year), returns the majority of the skill position players from what was statistically the 3rd best offense in the SEC, but more importantly, returns 9 of 11 starters on what was the 5th best defense in the country last year.

Their defense will have three potential 1st rounders (Jones, Jenkins, Rambo), and will be in the running for best defense in the country. Any rational, unbiased person knows that UGA is an overwhelming favorite to win the East. They certainly are in Vegas.

Now, can Richt do that? I don't know. It won't be the least bit surprising to me for a MR team to fail to meet expectations. I think they are going to have their hands full with Mizzou and a depleated secondary. But once they get to full strength, I don't know when they won't be favored for the rest of the season.

Archived