Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

i dont think it is our most pedestrian position and i dont think we are at a point now to spend next year's second on a rb. we have serious holes in the secondary, it has known weaknesses,complete unknowns, and little potential outside of late round picks. we already get taken advantage of by the NFC east's receivers. we dont have a guy that can cover dez bryant or hakeem nicks, and it will continue to be a problem for the next couple years.

I don't know. You're correct that we certainly could use a biggish type S or CB with range-speed-cover ability to help with the size of the WR's we face on a consistent basis. I do think our RB group is ho-hum. As steve alluded to: solid but no real star power. I would personally really like the chance to get a back like Knile Davis. I think he would be sick in this offense. I think that addition could help the team just as much as a DB.

Two overarching thoughts about your response is that we can't consider the injury situations without acknowledging THT tore his ACL and Helu was nicked up, and some of the talent comparison seems to be overvaluing our own talent.

What makes Helu + Royster + THT worse than Murray (especially coming off an ACL injury) and the wildly overrated Felix Jones?

Murray was an animal last year. He tore his ACL just like THT. and he's younger. Felix is much more accomplished and honestly, dynamic than our young backs.

Bradshaw (overrated) is not appreciably better than Helu and while they just drafted David Wilson who's a good prospect, he won't neccesarily be a stud.

Bradshaw has to be considered miles ahead of THT, Helu or Royster at this point. David Wilson was just the Giants top pick so I think at this point he has to be Considered more valuable than any of our guys.

S-Jax is a beast but he's 28 and has 2k career carries, also 369 career receptions. He could fall off a cliff any day now. Pead is a complimentary back. Beanie Wells is not that great and they have less than ideal depth.

SJax is not even a question. Our top RB was Beanie's backup until they drafted Ryan Williams in the 2nd and traded THT for a 7th. And both guys tore their ACLs.

Depends if AP is healthy, and he's already at a dangerous mark for RBs in terms of use.

Again, THT tore his ACL. Gerhart has shown he can play.

Carolina yes. Tampa lolno, Blount is not a legitimate starting RB; he's clueless in the passing game and in blocking. And they have nothing behind him. There's a reason they were seriously considering trading up for Richardson.

Blount has shown more than any of our backs and he's now the backup behind Doug Martin.

Though, the Falcons and Saints have a better run game than we do.

The only concern with Helu in regards to him being a great RB is that he has a tendency to get banged up and his production suffers accordingly. If he overcomes that, he'll be very good. Royster doesn't have that kind of "pure talent" but I think he's a perfect system fit and will be highly productive.

The Falcons running attack is terrible. The Saints are one of the teams I considered to be on equal footing and didn't even list. Our RB core is the most pedestrian position on the team.

i dont think it is our most pedestrian position and i dont think we are at a point now to spend next year's second on a rb. we have serious holes in the secondary, it has known weaknesses,complete unknowns, and little potential outside of late round picks. we already get taken advantage of by the NFC east's receivers. we dont have a guy that can cover dez bryant or hakeem nicks, and it will continue to be a problem for the next couple years.

As stated before, I'm very comfortable with our secondary depth and think we need a starting CB to push Hall and Josh down a spot on the depth chart. I don't expect to find that player in the second round of the draft. If he's there, then great. But with our holes filled, RB is the most glaring starting position that could upgrade.

how can you guarantee that when terrell davis was a 6th round pick and arian foster was undrafted. as you aforementioned, this scheme is beneficial concerning rb's and allows us to spend little on aquiring awesome rb's that are highly effective in our scheme. and not only that, but we have 2 young guys that have shown promise in this scheme.

I said we have to keep our eyes open a for a gem, but we can't expect to find TD or Foster. That might not happen for another 3-5 years. I'd rather make a move than hold my breath. Just because Shanahan had serviceable backs didn't stop him from investing in the position with early draft picks or trades.

Portis, McCoy, Rice, Charles, AP, MJD, Charles, Lynch, CJ, Forte were guys picked in the top 3 rounds. We can't be hesitant to invest an early pick to get a great talent. I'd give up that pick to swap THT for Shady. If we've already found that guy in THT, Helu or Royster, then cool. I just haven't seen it and think RG3 would greatly benefit from an MVP candidate type RB next to him.

It sunk in for me again this morning how horrible our injury situation ended up being last season. How many of our rookies and trades got hurt? Tim, Hank, JJ, all with serious injuries. Gomes missed some time, Helu got hurt, and all kinds of injuries and absences on the offensive line.

Pretty much every major new acquisition except Wilson, Kerrigan, Cofield, and Bowen went down at some point.

There are so many guys where we simply don't know what we've got with them yet. The defensive front stayed blessedly healthy last season, and that's the unit that looked the best on the team. No coincidence. At least we got that I suppose.

I'm really hoping for a healthy year from Hankerson and the running backs. Also praying that none of our rookies face any major setbacks. We need to find out quickly what these new pieces can bring to the table. I'd love for all of the young offensive players to start gelling and become a cohesive, powerful young offense with an exciting future.

---------- Post added May-16th-2012 at 08:04 AM ----------

Hoping that RGIII, Trent, & Hank is our Cutler, Clady, Marshall.

I don't know. You're correct that we certainly could use a biggish type S or CB with range-speed-cover ability to help with the size of the WR's we face on a consistent basis. I do think our RB group is ho-hum. As steve alluded to: solid but no real star power. I would personally really like the chance to get a back like Knile Davis. I think he would be sick in this offense. I think that addition could help the team just as much as a DB.

I rather add Kenjon Barner in the 4th or 5th round then use a second on Kniles Davis.

Tampa lolno, Blount is not a legitimate starting RB; he's clueless in the passing game and in blocking. And they have nothing behind him. There's a reason they were seriously considering trading up for Richardson

Doug Martin?

He's an interesting prospect for sure. I would still prefer someone like KD whose built like a tank, possess elite speed and is elusive.

Let me rephrase that I rather have a Dee Milliner or some other CB or S in the second and think he would be more valuable to the team than Kniles Davis.

Let me rephrase that I rather have a Dee Milliner or some other CB or S in the second and think he would be more valuable to the team than Kniles Davis.

You can certainly make a strong case in that regard I agree. My take is we go for the defense's jugular and have an offense finally on par with the defense. We could do that with a premier RB. The play action would be insane. The slant play with Hankerson or Morgan would be lethal. Having a QB like RG3 with an elite RB on the field with Helu, Garcon, Morgan or Hank and or Cooley/Davis would give Kyle ridiculous options to attack the field vertically and horizontally. Defenses would be on their heels constantly and could be worn down very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Dont disagree at all, Blount will be the #2 guy and the bruiser while Martin is the starter and is the home run threat for them.

I'm not entirely sure Martin has the potential to be a home run threat but that one-two punch will definitely be one of the better ones in the league.

This goes better in last year's thread, but I am so happy that we passed on Nick Fairley. Some players you just know are bad eggs and he has proven that to be true so far with another arrest this offseason.

Thought that he would be someone who would become a better person when he got into the league but man was I wrong

• 1 month later...

Well its been a while since I've talked in here or anyone for that matter so I'd thought I'd update things. Lately I've now left Son of Washington to now write at NFLDraftMonsters.com. If you all have enjoyed my stuff go on over there an check out my first article posted on JMU OG Earl Watford. Just wanted to thank everyone here for the support and critique of my work as its driven me to work harder and harder to be a very good scout. Am I there yet? not even, but now I realize what it's going to take to be at that level. So with that I'll stop rambling and go back to watching film :ols:

Justin

Hopefully we have an OL and some decent depth going forward already but 3rd round picks and lower from now on will keep it good. Looks like Leribeus is headed for OC so another dynamic OG would be nice, especially if he can put on weight that would actually help him too. Well worth the read, looking forward to more.

Hopefully we have an OL and some decent depth going forward already but 3rd round picks and lower from now on will keep it good. Looks like Leribeus is headed for OC so another dynamic OG would be nice, especially if he can put on weight that would actually help him too. Well worth the read, looking forward to more.

Appreciate you reading it, hope you did enjoy the read and look forward to my other work

Anybody see the very intriguing Josh Gordon is entering the supplemental draft. I wish we had a spare 4th to spend on him because he kind of looks promising. 6'4 (or 6'3 depending on where you look) with 4.40 speed. He played with Griff in 09 and 2010 and had some pretty good stats. Found this write up on him.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2012-nfl-supplemental-draft-josh-gordon-scouting-report.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Stats link

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-gordon-1.html

Of course, I don't think we should go after him, but he is kinda tempting.

Archived