Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

well to keep it in the Pac, here's some Jordan Poyer (from our pal JMP...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaVJ_v5WK1k

__

Jordan Poyer Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050712aaa.html

---------- Post added May-10th-2012 at 12:03 AM ----------

I think actually he's an X guy in the NFL.

I guess I was just trying to envision his role with the Skins, in a what IF. I'm just not sure how shanahan would utilize him.

I'll need to see the Morgan / Garcon and company dynamic to get more clear.

I think actually he's an X guy in the NFL. While yes he does have those underneath routes and I agree with all of those guys are simliar, Allen though when I've watched does stretch the field vertically. I think partially though you hit it with being the Cal system. Allen has the ability to stretch the field and he can do it. I almost think Allen is held back a little in that system and when he hits the NFL watch out. Imagine Allen playing at OK State or Oklahoma, he'd be talked about as a top 5 pick. With him at Cal, he's still talked about, but not to the extent a guy like Woods has been

I think Allen n Wilson could play outside. I think Wilson is everybit 6'3". I like his body control on jump balls n tracking the long pass.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/techs-goon-squad-wants-1124555.html

This is from last august, inception 2011. But for those that don't know

They fancy themselves as nasty brawlers. They inspire themselves with old game video. They cut block.

The Goon Squad cometh.

What began as something of a joke has become an identity. The Tech offensive line has found unity and inspiration under the banner of the Goon Squad, the brainchild (to use the word loosely) of center Jay Finch ...

“It’s just, everybody is a goon and we’re going to go out there and fight every play,” Finch said.

Finch (RS Junior) being the center #50

&

Uzzi #77 - RG (RS Senior), also draft eligible

It's interesting to watch Finch chip his defender playside, only to slide and reach the 2nd level to the LB and even if he's too late to hit his target, he keeps on downfield to block the saftey.

Is it just me or doesn't an option offense, particularly for offensive linemen, just make sense when projecting the athletic type linemen for, say, the Skins zbs. I think so.

Though I guess the collegiate schools using that zone-read option, from shotgun with set HB, where their o-line moves in unison at 45 degree angle and stretching the field for cutback is more schematically equal.

I know I posted about him last year and this is largely a rehash.

__

I also found this interesting from a breakdown perspective from the UVA head coach, video included:

http://www.virginiasportstv.com/football/U8g

2013 is supposed to have a deep safety class right? i love eric reid from LSU and ray ray armstrong from Miami

No way: TJ McDonald out of USC should be our primary target.

It's official - that's who we go with and trade up for :)

---------- Post added May-10th-2012 at 07:31 AM ----------

I think after this year we wont be worrying about Cofield at NT at all. He started to really develop into something very good as the year went on, and now with a full offseason to really develop then he'll be in very good shape

I hope you're right, but IMO, he's better off in a DE role. I just don't think NT is the best position for him. Of course, I doubt many would agree at Redskins Park or here for that matter, but I don't shy away from my opinions, which can be strong at times. I would like a better occupying NT type in the middle and have Cofield and Jenkins as starting DE's with Bowen-Carriker the primary reserves. I think our DL would be very, very deep and strong.

No way: TJ McDonald out of USC should be our primary target.

It's official - that's who we go with and trade up for :)

Why would you trade up for him when you can save that pick and still end up with Robert Lester, Ray Ray Armstrong, Eric Reid, Baccarri Rambo, or Kenny Vaccaro. It doesn't make sense to trade away picks for a player are just as talented.

Why would you trade up for him when you can save that pick and still end up with Robert Lester, Ray Ray Armstrong, Eric Reid, Baccarri Rambo, or Kenny Vaccaro. It doesn't make sense to trade away picks for a player are just as talented.

Bah, TJ McDonald is the best FS in this class IMO :)

We likely won't need to trade up for him because they're other very good FS's also as you said . He is someone I would personally trade up for is all.

Bah, TJ McDonald is the best FS in this class IMO :)

We likely won't need to trade up for him because they're other very good FS's also as you said . He is someone I would personally trade up for is all.

He not all that better than Robert Lester and others to me. Also more than likely we would have to trade our 2nd n 3rd. And we can get a good CB or WR prospect in that round.

I think actually he's an X guy in the NFL. While yes he does have those underneath routes and I agree with all of those guys are simliar, Allen though when I've watched does stretch the field vertically. I think partially though you hit it with being the Cal system. Allen has the ability to stretch the field and he can do it. I almost think Allen is held back a little in that system and when he hits the NFL watch out. Imagine Allen playing at OK State or Oklahoma, he'd be talked about as a top 5 pick. With him at Cal, he's still talked about, but not to the extent a guy like Woods has been

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this WR 2013 draft discussion but I have 2 questions:

1) What are Wilson and Allen's first names?

2) Although it's way, way early - where do each project in the draft? (I'd like to know if we even would have a chance or if we're talking about each as part of an academic exercise)

We do have a second rounder this upcoming year, you know ;)

I know bro'. I was more bemoaning the fact that he'll doubtless go in the top two rounds, whilst we doubtless won't use that pick on a LB. :(

I'm only on board with drafting Kenny Stills if we also keep Darrell Young, trade for Mason Crosby, and have Fred Davis legally change his last name to Nash.

:rotflmao: Now it'd be worth it just for that.

Actually, unless he really steps up this year, I think he'd be best served staying in school through 2013. Still very raw. And he struggled with the load last year when Broyles went down.

Hail.

And he struggled with the load last year when Broyles went down.

Hail.

I think that was more the case of nagging injury for him as well, change of position and LJ pressing too hard. At least that's how I remember it. Didn't he deal with some concussion stuff? He was also real hard on himself for not producing like RB - and few can, you know?

I like his swag though.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this WR 2013 draft discussion but I have 2 questions:

1) What are Wilson and Allen's first names?

2) Although it's way, way early - where do each project in the draft? (I'd like to know if we even would have a chance or if we're talking about each as part of an academic exercise)

Marquees Wilson and Keenan Allen. And it's real tricky they're 1 round talent even say top 15 talent. But its also other WRs that have an argument too. Like Robert Woods, Cobi Hamilton, and both UT Wrs.

Marquees Wilson and Keenan Allen. And it's real tricky they're 1 round talent even say top 15 talent. But its also other WRs that have an argument too. Like Robert Woods, Cobi Hamilton, and both UT Wrs.

Keenan Woods and Wilson so far are top 15 locks for me. Hunter and Rogers are more mid 1st round guys and then with Hamilton I have him late 1st early 2nd

Keenan Woods and Wilson so far are top 15 locks for me. Hunter and Rogers are more mid 1st round guys and then with Hamilton I have him late 1st early 2nd

Only things you got Hunter as mid 1st and he was hurt this year. He could have a big year and boom he's elevated to top 5 or 10 pick. Can't teach what he got size, track speed, and playmaking ability.

Only things you got Hunter as mid 1st and he was hurt this year. He could have a big year and boom he's elevated to top 5 or 10 pick. Can't teach what he got size, track speed, and playmaking ability.

I totally agree, Hunter is one of the best players when you look at what he can bring to the table, but he's gonna need a full year of production from me to warrant a higher grade

After the obvious secondary issues, I still think we are unsettled at best and stocked with depth players only at worse at RT.

I'm still holding out hope that Smith develops into something special. He's earned the chance at least. But yeah, odds are long term we'll need a new starting RT. Luckily, those kinds of guys can usually be found in the 2nd and second year starters can be found in the 3rd and 4th sometimes. Interior is still a big ? too. LeRibeus should develop, but we're still probably 1-2 players from a set interior line.

Pretty much the same as this year. Secondary and LB, outside and in, would be the priorities on defense. O-line and a slot receiver along with maybe a TE depending on things on O.

Hail.

Secondary is the 800 lb gorilla. Unless Minnifield lights up the league we're still a top CB away from where we should be. And SS and FS are anywhere between set (Meriweather/Jackson work out, or Gomes steps up in a big way and Jackson still works out) to completely screwed (Meriweather gets another DWI or six, Jackson is kicked out of the league, Gomes never develops).

And I still want my VJax/Megatron clone. I know we probably won't get one, but I'm holding out hope.

And while I like Cofield and our Dline in general, I could see us going for an NT if Cofield doesn't play at a high enough level.

I actually think LB is fairly well off for now. Orakpo, Fletcher, Riley, and Kerrigan are a solid starter group, and the only looming replacement is Fletcher, and we drafted Robinson and signed Goff, both of whom I could see succeeding.

I still think our biggest need is big play ability at RB. We just don't have the ability for a back to take it all the way. That's a huge threat in the ZBS. Think Chris Johnson or Arian Foster. We could certainly use a legit, thoroughbred franchise back like Foster or a speedster or at the minimum a scat back rotating in.

I still think our biggest need is big play ability at RB. We just don't have the ability for a back to take it all the way. That's a huge threat in the ZBS. Think Chris Johnson or Arian Foster. We could certainly use a legit, thoroughbred franchise back like Foster or a speedster or at the minimum a scat back rotating in.

2011-09-18-Redskins-014_606.JPG

Let's see what Helu can do in his second year - he has speed and could be that big play guy. I just wonder if he can stay healthy over a full year with 20 plus touches (not carries touches) a game.

On the needs next year corner, safety and right tackle would be the top areas for me. This assumes though that two of Garçon, Morgan and Hankerson show they can be good to very good starting recievers.

A Ronnie Hillman type would have been nice or a back that can break tackles, move piles and be more durable, which we likely got with Morris.

Helu could be primed for a big year though too.

A Ronnie Hillman type would have been nice or a back that can break tackles, move piles and be more durable, which we likely got with Morris.

Helu could be primed for a big year though too.

If we look RB next year I'd love to see Ray Graham here, provided he's healthy from that knee injury. Before the injury he was probably the best RB in college football

Archived