Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Redskins best 2011 FA or trade acquistion?

RWJ

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I believe it will be Bowen.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Not drinking the koolaid yet, but sexy Rexy was a FA.

I voted Coefield.

True. What I should have stated is the ones we paid big money for. Sorry.:)

I believe that Bowen will make the biggest difference on a defense that gave up too many points for so many different reasons. The obvious choice is Bowen but it won't be because Bowen, alone, has made that one choice so significant by itself. It's a combination of changes defensively that make the Bowen acquisition so significant. Drafting Jenkins was huge. Second year in the system is huge. Cofield, with Bowen, Jenkins, Kerrigan, Atogwe, Wilson, collectively makes Bowen that much more of a piece to the big puzzle.

See, that's why I didn't initially mention him until I saw the poll, but thinking on it wasn't he a RFA this summer in Arizona?

Hail.

Hightower had to be under contract for us to have traded for him. If he was an RFA he must have had a tender which he signed. In any case he was not a free agent pick up.

See, that's why I didn't initially mention him until I saw the poll, but thinking on it wasn't he a RFA this summer in Arizona?

Hail.

To GHH and all, Hightower was a trade, so I apologize. I don't know how to edit the poll to delete his name.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 12:58 PM ----------

Hightower had to be under contract for us to have traded for him. If he was an RFA he must have had a tender which he signed. In any case he was not a free agent pick up.

He was a RFA tendered 2nd round.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

Changed Post title to include FA or trade acquistion. Again, sorry all.:)

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Cofield. High profile position and paid handsomely to boot. He was pretty good last year. Bowen, Atogwe, and Wilson are all good players, but DT is a really important position. Hightower is a fungible part. Wouldn't get too worked up about him.

I honestly thought if you matched the tender, you could still trade a RFA. Forgive me if I'm wrong on the nuances here.

For your sake, I hope the mods overlook this...

25. If You Are Uncertain of Some Nuance, Please Consult a Sports Attorney or Agent Before Beginning Threads. Note that calling into a radio show for the advice does not fulfill you due diligence requirement. Especially the Sports Junkies.

HIGHTOWER! He brings speed and power. I liked this guy in Arizona and didn't understand why it didn't really work for the Cardinals.

Cofield is awesome but I think Hightower over Torain is better than Cofield over Bryant.

and let's not forget SHANAHAN...

Archived