Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT and CSN: Grossman Predicts Skins win NFC East

SonnyandSam

Washington:

8/10/2011

john-beck.jpg

In related news John Beck has not only proclaimed himself starting QB for the Redskins - he also indicated that he has made the pro-bowl, won the superbowl, conquered Ireland, "did it with J-low," cured cancer and defeated Satan.

When asked when the hell he had time for all of this while holding the clip-board and modeling the team sweater, he replied "I don't remember...if you don't believe me...fine! Ask Shanney!"

Coach Shanahan not only confirmed Beck's claims....he also stated that he prays to Beck every morning while facing Dan Snyder's car....

Don't be surprised. Grossman came in and this offense began to move last year at the end. he had what 8 passing TDs in 4 games. he is a high risk-high reward QB.

And who was he playing against?the cowboys week secondary and the giants on the final game when everyone was sitting and the lonely jags.....Dont build him up or u will be disapointed

I don't think we're going to win the East. But I do think this team is going to surprise the hell out of some people on this forum and in Redskins' Nation. This is not a 1 or even a 4 win team.

Depending on injuries I could see us winning between 7-10 games this year.

Our offense is going to be fine. Shanahan has proven over and over again throughout his entire career that he WILL move the ball. He did it last year with an offensive line that couldn't block my grandmother, a nobody running back, and probably the worst WR corps in the league.

This year we've upgraded every one of those positions.

that leaves the defense. Probably the worst defense overall in the league last year. We've upgraded every single spot on our D-line. We've upgraded our LBers. We've upgraded safety. And we've lost nothing at CB.

I see upgrades across the board from a Team that won 6 games last year despite a ton of injuries. Where is this 2 to 4 game win stuff coming from? Could someone explain it to me?

I agree with this post.

To answer the question about where this 2-4 win stuff is coming from, I blame the tankers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAzOMXUpXpJy86S0UjZeM_N16-yYQCw6te8kgc_Rc0JfbmCvqGQQ

oh stop. Rex isn't speaking to a panel of congress about interest rates. It's football. We've got a young Team that is trying to come together under a veteran QB. Everybody out there is saying we're going to suck... not just the media, most of the fanbase is saying it too.

I think it's leadership 101, personally. At minimum, calling it dumb is, well, dumb :)

I agree with this too.

Way to set the record straight zoony!

This team could surprise a lot of people, not that I expect a division title but we will win games that no one expects us to (probably blow a few we ought to take as well). The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 is not as vast as some may think, a fumble recovered here, a pass broken up there, a surprising third down conversion or amazing defensive stand can all decide a close game. We should know this, we've been ghanked so many times by those circumstances we owe royalties to the first guy that ever said "Awwww **** not AGAIN!". That's where the 'tude comes in, where players staying focused pays off, where professionalism makes itself felt. The reeking albatross carcass of Vinnie Cerrato is no longer around our neck, take a breath of fresh air and try to realize that this is no longer one of those Skins teams. We ain't there yet but we're closer than you think.

And if the Skins do finish 2nd I will be completely insufferable :ols:

Skins have nothing to lose. Eagles went all in...We could catch them on the river and take it all!

---------- Post added August-11th-2011 at 07:04 AM ----------

F it....we're winning the East!

Cool.... We're winning the East, pass it on.... "We're winning the East..."

News wire across the world goes out...Redskins go worst to first!

And who was he playing against?the cowboys week secondary and the giants on the final game when everyone was sitting and the lonely jags.....Dont build him up or u will be disapointed

First off, nobody for the Giants game was sitting. That game had playoff implications for them. Secondly, we'll play lowly teams like the Jags and bad secondaries like the Cowboys this year as well. So he can very well have three games just likie those this year at some point. I mean, we play the Cowboys twice. That oughta be some nice stat padding for Rex since they have done nothing for that secondary to improve. They're just injured and older right now.

F it....we're winning the East!

lol I love it.

If we win the East this year, not only will I tattoo Rex's name on my butt...but if my wife and I have a boy next spring, his middle name will be Rex.

Go show me you deserve it Rexy!

HAIL!

listening to my local sports station here in Fort Worth on the way to work this morning...they do a little news break that goes something like this:

Rangers, blah blah, pitchers, blah blah...Rangers...blah...

Rex Grossman says his Redskins WILL win the east.

Dallas practice blah blah, preseason starts tonight, blah blah...

What did you expect him to say?

i expected him to say something like "oh god...how do i think we will do this season? well, the o-line sucks, malcolm kelly is still injured, neither I or beck are good, we both suck, the kicker is horrible, punting is bad, the coaching is average at best. basically i think we will be 0-16 and nobody will watch the redskins ever again. get ready for another long horrible season, washington". .....:silly:

And there's been others that are also onsite, that have said he looks like he's gained weight. Why in the world would he admit to needing to lose "5-6 lbs" if he is the same physique????

That's the kind of smoke that someone being signed as a free agent should have the sense to avoid. Period. If anything, the comments should've been "wow, Rex looks great! He hasn't been this fit since he was a Gator...", etc etc. Not questions about his fitness, in conjunction with his making predictions without even having earned a position as a leader of this team. Maybe there's a reason he was only signed to a 1 year deal...no?

All those extra pounds made a difference for the tub of lard tonight.

Again, the coaches did not seem to have a problem with it. Rex was able to complete 19 of 26 passes for 207 yards and a touchdown.

All those extra pounds made a difference for the tub of lard tonight.

Again, the coaches did not seem to have a problem with it. Rex was able to complete 19 of 26 passes for 207 yards and a touchdown.

Not sure what one has to do with the other? We knew Rex could perform decently in this offense, which probably had something to do with us re-signing him. Doesn't change the fact that him coming into camp, needing to lose weight is not a smart move for a free agent.

And let's not get carried away...Pittsburgh pulled their starters earlier than us...not to mention Polamalu didn't play, and Clark was hardly in the game himself. And they weren't dialing up their usual zone blitzes either. You're delusional if you really think that right now, we're on the level of the defending AFC Champs. Remember Osaka.

Not sure what one has to do with the other? We knew Rex could perform decently in this offense, which probably had something to do with us re-signing him. Doesn't change the fact that him coming into camp, needing to lose weight is not a smart move for a free agent.

And let's not get carried away...Pittsburgh pulled their starters earlier than us...not to mention Polamalu didn't play, and Clark was hardly in the game himself. And they weren't dialing up their usual zone blitzes either. You're delusional if you really think that right now, we're on the level of the defending AFC Champs. Remember Osaka.

If you're going to talk about Pitt pulling starters or not having guys in there then you need to consider our missing starters like Landry, OJ, Cooley, to name a few. Just saying...

If you're going to talk about Pitt pulling starters or not having guys in there then you need to consider our missing starters like Landry, OJ, Cooley, to name a few. Just saying...

Landry & OJ don't play on our offense. The discussion is about our offense versus their defense. And honestly, Cooley and Davis are pretty much a wash at this point...and we had our other 10 starters on offense.

I'm happy we looked impressive...but let's not pretend that we beat down the team that won the AFC last year. They had nothing to prove...I'm not even sure that they have any new starters to evaluate. They pulled them out much earlier than we did.

I have not had a chance to see the game yet. ( has not aired on the west coast). But all those extra pounds that you were so adamant about did not seem to make a difference. I have not seen any reports that he is winded.

So yea, you still made mountains out of non-existent molehills.

I did not hear of any seismographs going off when Rex entered the stadium.

Archived