Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT and CSN: Grossman Predicts Skins win NFC East

SonnyandSam

I think Rex need to pick up the weights and his running shoes and put down the crystal ball.

This^^

Just shut up and play. Let your play do the talkin -- confidence is great. I'm glad he's confident but predictions in general don't mean a damn thing.

Please stfu D bag........ Words never win jack ****. I get so sick of this mouthy bs from soooooooo many of today's athletes. If your good enough everyone else will talk for you. This amounts to the guy getting a fancy sports car cuz he has a small dick.

Stfu and play ball folks.

I see at least 2 rules broken- one in spectacular fashion. See you in a month. :(

~ES Staff

So you think he should have ignored the reporter when he was asked the question? I truly do not see what the problem with his statement is. Not only that but I truly believe that he believes it and I think that's great. I'm sure the rest of the team appreciates his confidence in them. Rex Grossman isn't a great quarterback but he isn't the godawful one that so many people are painting. Under the right circumstances he can perform.

Well, he's got a 50-50 shot of being right. Either they will, or they won't.

That is some funny math. :ols:

I think Rex need to pick up the weights and his running shoes and put down the crystal ball.

Completely agree. Honestly makes me think he's even dumber than I thought. First he comes back from the lockout looking like he went on a 3 month food binge, as a free agent. Second, he hasn't even won the starting job and now he's making predictions...why don't you predict your play?

Someone needs to tell both of our QBs to shut up and play (Although I haven't heard much from Beck since the lockout ended). Neither one of them have done anything to merit confidence from fans or even themselves.

Most pundits and "experts" and most people have no ability to see past what is happening NOW. This is why almost all NFL magazines and so called experts simply recycle last years stats and results. In fact almost all predictions I have read are pretty much in line with last years results. Packers and New England top 2 teams and Philadelphia right there along with Pittsburg etc. So it should come as no surprise that experts see the Redskins as a 6-10 team with an idiot head coach because Donovan McNabb is all world in their opinion(Rush Limbaugh statement,etc) and so Shanahan doesn't know what he is doing etc.etc.

One last thing which the experts never bring up, and I never expect them to because they are biased for some reason. The Skins lost FIVE games last year by 3 points or less. Enough said.;)

Rex, you're wasted in pro football, comedy is clearly your thing. I don't think we're going to stink as badly as many in the media are predicting, but there's no way we're winning the division. I can understand why Rex said what he did, but a more 'diplomatic' answer may have been wiser. I suspect this thread will resurface at the end of the season....and not in a good way.

I get offers from the Wizards every year for season tickets. One of the perks is the chance to get playoff tickets before the public does.

If this was Redskins related the headline would say "Dan Snyder is attempting to tantalize potential STH's with playoff pipe-dreams"

Staying positive is what you want to hear from a potential starting QB. Seriously, would else would you want him to say?

Apparently, "we suck and I'm terrified of the other three teams in our division."

J/K, lol. The reason this is a big deal, is because it goes against what just about every "expert" is picking the Skins to do this year. I mean who is Rex Grossman to say the Skins can win the Division if the Lords of all things Football at ESPN and NFL.com say they don't have a chance right. :silly:

Completely agree. Honestly makes me think he's even dumber than I thought. First he comes back from the lockout looking like he went on a 3 month food binge, as a free agent. Second, he hasn't even won the starting job and now he's making predictions...why don't you predict your play?

Someone needs to tell both of our QBs to shut up and play (Although I haven't heard much from Beck since the lockout ended). Neither one of them have done anything to merit confidence from fans or even themselves.

1.) Rex looks the exact same as he did last season. The "Rex came into camp fat" stuff needs to die. The guy was never an adonis. There's lot of quarterbacks who are soft in the middle. He didn't come in out of shape, but people pounced on a couple of unsightly pictures like they're friggin' US Weekly or something. He's not fat. He's just Rex, and he looks no different than he did last season.

2.) Here's a transcript of what Rex said, since like 3/4's of the people complaining about this either haven't heard/seen the context, or don't want to.

Rex:..I look around this offense, from top to bottom, is better than that offense that I had in Chicago. And the defense is going to make a ton of strides this year, I know they are. You know, it's going to be fun, I know we're going to be a good team.

Kelly Johnson: And of course you guys are going to have to get through that NFC East first and those Eagles. [if] they're the dream team, what's the Redskins?

Rex: We're fine being the sleepers right now. We're just waiting in the wings waiting to take over the NFC East. No one's talking about us, it's right where we want to be. You look at us from top to bottom, there's a bunch of great players, and we don't need people saying we're the best right right now, but when it's all said and done, I really feel like this team's going to win the East.

Expressing a belief that your team CAN win the NFC East is not the same as predicting they WILL win the NFC East. All Rex did in this interview is express confidence that the team has improved and that they're not going to be cellar dwellers, and that HE feels (as in it's his opinion) they can win the East. Heaven forbid a quarterback have confidence in his team.

I'm trying to figure out what he was supposed to say. Yeah, I know "nothing" is going to be the popular answer, but wouldn't saying nothing be even WORSE? Wouldn't the store then be "When asked about the NFC East, Grossman says there's a work to do" or something like that, and then the story would be all about how Rex doesn't believe in the team and every would jump down the guy's throat for that.

And even funnier is that the very same people who are decrying Rex personal feeling that the Redskins can win the East and telling him to shut up, are the same people who couldn't stand Jason Campbell's "lack of fire" and confidence. The players like Rex, and I'm betting if you asked any of the Redskins if they felt like they could win the East, they'd say yes. Maybe with some prodding, but they wouldn''t roll over and say "nothing".

oh stop. Rex isn't speaking to a panel of congress about interest rates. It's football. We've got a young Team that is trying to come together under a veteran QB. Everybody out there is saying we're going to suck... not just the media, most of the fanbase is saying it too.

I think it's leadership 101, personally. At minimum, calling it dumb is, well, dumb :)

No political talk in the stadium zoony.

Maybe the word I was looking for was "ridiculous." Like I said, I don't think anyone will even take notice of it, i.e. its not a big deal. Its just ridiculous. Or silly.

By the way, I saw a tweet about this that said "someone should inform Rex Grossman that Rex Grossman is the QB of the skins." Pretty funny.

Why the heck is this such a story?

Because it's the media, and they like drumming up controversy over meaningless **** like this, which is why it probably would've been better for him to not say anything at all.

Even though I don't think we'll do much this year, I love the optimism, I really do.

Let's just hope that this doesn't backfire like the time Jon Kitna guaranteed Detroit 10 wins.

Bruce.gif

I KNOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

I was so happy when I heard that on that radio this afternoon. Good for YOU Rex! Itdoesn't seem arrogant or stupid and apparently he later elaborated. He says they level of players and the attitude gives us a serious edge. I believe him and if he gets the call I believe in him. If he learns from his mistakes last season and builds. He already knows the system, so he could excel like a mofo. Rex N Effect. HAIL YOU MOTHER SCRATCHERS!!!

1.) Rex looks the exact same as he did last season. The "Rex came into camp fat" stuff needs to die. The guy was never an adonis. There's lot of quarterbacks who are soft in the middle. He didn't come in out of shape, but people pounced on a couple of unsightly pictures like they're friggin' US Weekly or something. He's not fat. He's just Rex, and he looks no different than he did last season.

rexgrossman.jpg?w=237

I’m gonna get down to where I need to be. I have to lose maybe five or six pounds.

More like 15-20. Considering he was a free agent...that's totally unacceptable. He looks like he hasn't been working out.

Expressing a belief that your team CAN win the NFC East is not the same as predicting they WILL win the NFC East. All Rex did in this interview is express confidence that the team has improved and that they're not going to be cellar dwellers, and that HE feels (as in it's his opinion) they can win the East. Heaven forbid a quarterback have confidence in his team.
when it's all said and done, I really feel like this team's going to win the East

When what's all 'said and done'? I take that as this season...If he isn't referring to this season, what's he referencing? A time when he may or may not even be on the team (after this season)? He didn't say this team's capable of winning the division...he's predicting they will.

Bottom line, he could've given a cookie cutter response about trying to win games, not make mistakes, and get better. We are nowhere near the best in the division. Our front office did what we perceive to be a great job, and now it's the players turn to validate that.

I'm happy someone at Redskin park feels this way, because if someone felt they couldn't do their job then they should quit now. I believe other people who arn't contributing to that goal of the football team can have opions outside of this belief, but the Redskins football players are suppose to be believe that they will be achieving nothing less then winning the NFC East.

Archived