Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT and CSN: Grossman Predicts Skins win NFC East

SonnyandSam

I'm a pea****, captain... you gotta let me fly! (name the movie)

Mark Wahlberg in The Other Guys. ( I thought that was one of the best lines in the movie.)

But as to the topic:

It's a total non story and I am more amazed at those getting upset than anything else.

I want my quarterback to have confidence in the team and feel they can win every game. If your quarterback, or leader of the team has confidence in the team, it can grow to the rest of the team. If the whole team is confident, they can play better. If they play better they can win football games and build more confidence.

Some of you need to step away from the ledge.

---------- Post added August-10th-2011 at 07:59 AM ----------

Unless you're Muhammed Ali...

Or Joe Namath.

Honestly, as long as we play competatively this season, I don't care if we end up 6-10 or 10-6. I just want this franchise to continue to get better.

Agreed. We play each game to win and ty for the best record we can but to me this year is about seeing development of both young players and the scheme on both sides of the ball. wins and losses are secondary this year for me - my expectations are not high but Im very willing to be surprised!

Some people up here are idiots. If a QB doesn't feel like the team will win anything, I don't want him playing for my team AKA Mark Brunell and his "2 yd" passes. QB is one the positions that a player must have a HUGE ego and confidence to back it up. I have no problem w/ Grossman saying what he said.

If you are a season ticket holder who spends your hard-earned money at each game, would you really want to hear your qb to say "My team sucks and we are not playing for anything this year"?

Hell, I hope not only do the Skins win the NFC East, but a playoff game, too. But, realistically, I'll settle for 8-8 team. But, that's me as a fan, not my QB.

So do you walk around boasting about what you plan to accomplish at your job?

I watched the Rex video. He didn't really come across as boasting or overly ****y to me. It was more of a casual sit down conversation. It wasn't like he was standing at the podium in front of a dozen reports saying. "We are winning the east. Book it!"

I don't think we're going to win the East. But I do think this team is going to surprise the hell out of some people on this forum and in Redskins' Nation. This is not a 1 or even a 4 win team.

Depending on injuries I could see us winning between 7-10 games this year.

Our offense is going to be fine. Shanahan has proven over and over again throughout his entire career that he WILL move the ball. He did it last year with an offensive line that couldn't block my grandmother, a nobody running back, and probably the worst WR corps in the league.

This year we've upgraded every one of those positions.

that leaves the defense. Probably the worst defense overall in the league last year. We've upgraded every single spot on our D-line. We've upgraded our LBers. We've upgraded safety. And we've lost nothing at CB.

I see upgrades across the board from a Team that won 6 games last year despite a ton of injuries. Where is this 2 to 4 game win stuff coming from? Could someone explain it to me?

if he says we are going to suck he gets cricified, if he says we are going to win..same thing. No win situation for him. I like the confidence and hope every player on the roster plans to win every time they take the field.

He could have said, "the goal is to win the east," no big deal. But he made a prediction. Which is dumb.

Frankly, I don't think this gets us into any "trouble" with any other teams because its absurd.

FWIW, I don't think they are a 4 win team. I think they are like a 7-8 win team.

And if Grossman proves me wrong, then good.

He could have said, "the goal is to win the east," no big deal. But he made a prediction. Which is dumb.

oh stop. Rex isn't speaking to a panel of congress about interest rates. It's football. We've got a young Team that is trying to come together under a veteran QB. Everybody out there is saying we're going to suck... not just the media, most of the fanbase is saying it too.

I think it's leadership 101, personally. At minimum, calling it dumb is, well, dumb :)

I see upgrades across the board from a Team that won 6 games last year despite a ton of injuries. Where is this 2 to 4 game win stuff coming from? Could someone explain it to me?

Apparently many think our QBs are so bad that they will cost us virtually every game, in spite of Rex performing better than McNabb in our system.

So when asked,he said he believed the team was good enough to win the East. He didn't say they would,but felt the team was good enough to win it. Okay. And? Yeeeeeesh. Don't call this place Extreme for nothing. :doh:

Archived