Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT and CSN: Grossman Predicts Skins win NFC East

SonnyandSam

There's a difference between ****iness and confidence. Rex was confident.

There is such a thing as overconfidence, but hell, he should know better than me, right? If we win this division under Rex Grossman, I will tattoo SEXY REXY on my person somewhere. You can quote me on this, and this only applies to the 2011 season. :ols:

Rex was just speaking like a winner. I don't care if it's Rex, Beck, or Bozo the Clown at QB, winning starts with attitude and I'd rather have my starting QB have this mindset then just say "oh we're gonna try, but those other 3 teams look real scary". That'd be loser talk

There is such a thing as overconfidence, but hell, he should know better than me, right? If we win this division under Rex Grossman, I will tattoo SEXY REXY on my person somewhere. You can quote me on this, and this only applies to the 2011 season. :ols:

I'm gonna be holding you to this.

Rex was just speaking like a winner. I don't care if it's Rex, Beck, or Bozo the Clown at QB, winning starts with attitude and I'd rather have my starting QB have this mindset then just say "oh we're gonna try, but those other 3 teams look real scary". That'd be loser talk

Who's Bozo?

I'm pretty sure you are safe.

Rex Grossman is higher than the Eagles expectations in 2011 making a statement like that. Confidence is fine and all, but he's just making himself and the team via association look like idiots. He's not even a lock to start technically. I think we may finish ahead of DALLAS because that team sucks and really has minimal talent (power ranking 14 for them = epic lulz) but to finish ahead of the Giants is a stretch and the Eagles is an even bigger one. Does he have a magic 8 ball that says Vick, Asante, Eli are all gonna blow an ACL and Coughlin and Reid are going to quit and go on Dacing with the Stars? Cause that's the only way I see them finishing lower.

people like to blame him for the offensive woes in chicago, that offense had absolutely nothing and he still took them to the Super Bowl. don't give me that **** he was helped by his defense. that defense wasn't nothing like the ravens defense

They were 3rd in the league.

I think people are missing the point. Grossman was giving an answer for a training camp fluff piece type of interview. There is absolutely no reason it should have even been picked up and analyzed by the national sports media.

It just goes to show how popular the NFL is, and how on a slow news days, ANYTHING is news.

I think people are missing the point. Grossman was giving an answer for a training camp fluff piece type of interview. There is absolutely no reason it should have even been picked up and analyzed by the national sports media.

It just goes to show how popular the NFL is, and how on a slow news days, ANYTHING is news.

I agree, more people (media included) need to keep it in context.

On a side note, it could be worse - Packers TE Finley said this on a radio interview, "All that talk with the Eagles and the Saints, that will come to a halt, I guarantee you."

and this about Vince Young's claim of Eagles as a dream team, "Ah man, that’s just talk, that’s on paper. VY is a backup, I don’t think he should be doing too much talking.”

I can only add to the discussion this: the offense is a good one. Its basically what they use in Houston where they have an awesome passing and running attack. However, last year we did not have playmakers on offense and our offensive line was horrible, partly due to a rookie left tackle, an injured right tackle, and incompetent center, and a lot of turnover at BOTH guard positions. THAT has all changed with an experience professional left tackle in place, a right tackle who is no longer injured, and a new center, and new guard. We no longer have injured running backs behind a leaky patchwork offensive line so REX is not the key here and experts are attacking the messenger without taking notice of what really has improved. Even without homer glasses on, anyone can see that things are not the same.

Archived