Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter to the Patriots

georgiaredskin

Haslett supposedly used different looks. You actually hear that a lot from teams that run the 3-4, that they throw out so many different looks and fronts. But you can only mask somebody's weaknesses so much. Carter's been in a 3-4 twice now, and was woefully inadequate both times. I doubt he's gonna get a handle on it all the sudden now, even with Belicheck calling the shots.

Haslett supposedly used different looks. You actually hear that a lot from teams that run the 3-4, that they throw out so many different looks and fronts. But you can only mask somebody's weaknesses so much. Carter's been in a 3-4 twice now, and was woefully inadequate both times. I doubt he's gonna get a handle on it all the sudden now, even with Belicheck calling the shots.

I don't expect to see him in the Pro Bowl but I think he can have some success there. Put his hand in the dirt and let him rush the QB. As a role player he should be able to do just that without having to worry about the coverage responsibilities of a 3-4 OLB. I'd imagine he will be lining up strictly as a DE on passing downs. Not a starter.

I don't expect to see him in the Pro Bowl but I think he can have some success there. Put his hand in the dirt and let him rush the QB. As a role player he should be able to do just that without having to worry about the coverage responsibilities of a 3-4 OLB. I'd imagine he will be lining up strictly as a DE on passing downs. Not a starter.

That's my guess as well: situational pass rusher. With the push from Ellis/Haynesworth/Wilfork, he could do some damage coming off the edge

Great news for AC. He was always a class act here in DC. I still think we should have traded him when we made the switch to the 3-4 while his stock was high (or semi-high/decent). Maybe we could have gotten a 3rd for him? Maybe a 4th who knows. Anyway, good luck on the Pats, that team is one of the super bowl favorites.

i will seriously throw up my organs ebola style if albert haynesworth goes to the pats and wins a ring while brady gets his fourth. like this is close to the cowboys winning it all bad.
I understand, BLC (how ya doin' btw? :)) but I only identify with the ill feelings towards Fat Ass. Unlike so many fellow ES'ers, I not only am not an NE hater, I actually have long found plenty to like football-wise with the Patriots organization, many of the players, and Belichick /Brady specifically. Now I have no real care about their winning or not, and I hate the fact that Al might play big for them (it's encouraging to my petty little soul that he's missed practice again), but I do hope AC finds a successful fit there--he deserves it, IMO.

Archived