Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter to the Patriots

georgiaredskin

Carter was, and has been, a standup guy. I wish him the best and glad that he will have a chance to win a SB w/ NE.

@ the same time, I do not want to see NE win a SB because of Fat Albert. Ha-ha.

Still think that Shanny and Allen really missed the boat when they did not try to trade Carter two years ago. I am guessing we could have @ least gotten a 4th for him.

Always liked him, Bellacheat will get the most out of him

It'll be easy to get sacks when you know what play is coming!

Also, there has been a lot of talk up in New England that the Pats are going to drastically increase their percentage of 4-3 sets this season. I imagine that Carter's addition confirms this, because frankly he's useless outside of 4-3 DE.

I hate the Pats, but find myself hating the Jets even more so I'm all for this move. I'm currently in the mind set that I'll just be happy if anyone other than the NFCE wins the super bowl (unless it's us, but we're pretty far from that at this point). So congrats AC, If you're playing the stink-gles in the SB, I'll be you're teams biggest supporter.

Carter was, and has been, a standup guy. I wish him the best and glad that he will have a chance to win a SB w/ NE.

@ the same time, I do not want to see NE win a SB because of Fat Albert. Ha-ha.

Still think that Shanny and Allen really missed the boat when they did not try to trade Carter two years ago. I am guessing we could have @ least gotten a 4th for him.

that would have been kind of hard considering last was the first year for both.

as bad as it will sounds to us skins fans, Fat Al is completely dominating at camp thus far. I'm up here a few miles from Foxboro and dude looks good. Pats got a steal if he decides to actually play (i just threw up in my mouth)

pats1__1312320476_3647.gif

I loved Andre Carter. High hopes for him!

as bad as it will sounds to us skins fans, Fat Al is completely dominating at camp thus far. I'm up here a few miles from Foxboro and dude looks good. Pats got a steal if he decides to actually play (i just threw up in my mouth)

pats1__1312320476_3647.gif

I loved Andre Carter. High hopes for him!

yeah well hes dominating the hell out of that blocking dummy. however, how else has he been dominating by missing practice?

I understand, BLC (how ya doin' btw? :)) but I only identify with the ill feelings towards Fat Ass. Unlike so many fellow ES'ers, I not only am not an NE hater, I actually have long found plenty to like football-wise with the Patriots organization, many of the players, and Belichick /Brady specifically. Now I have no real care about their winning or not, and I hate the fact that Al might play big for them (it's encouraging to my petty little soul that he's missed practice again), but I do hope AC finds a successful fit there--he deserves it, IMO.

im good, thanks for asking. me personally, i just hate boston sports in general (theyre the new NY in my opinion since the sox won the series in 04). my facebook gets plowed with new england/red sox love and its just awful to watch/read/listen to. espn slobs all over boston sports, and i just get sick of hearing it. so while i really liked carter, and 100% agree he deserves the best possible team, i hate albert haynesworth tenfold, and the patriots winning it all would just kill me.

frankly i hate most of the good AFC teams (steelers/pats/jets) lol. had carter gone to the vikes or packers, id have rooted for his team come playoff time a lot more haha!

the pats like to pick up our players

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 10:30 AM ----------

yeah well hes dominating the hell out of that blocking dummy. however, how else has he been dominating by missing practice?

exactly, he missed 2 practices already

that would have been kind of hard considering last was the first year for both.

I'm pretty sure he meant two offseasons ago, meaning 2010. I also don't get this signing by the Pats unless they are going to use a lot of 4-3. Carter looked so uncomfortable last year and the year that he played the 3-4 in San Fran. If they are planning on using him in the 3-4 it wouldn't shock me to see him not make the team.

I dislike the Patriots with a fiery passion, but after all the class, hustle, and grittiness that Andre showed during his time here, I don't think I could ever dislike him unless he played within the NFC East. Best of luck to him; I know I'll be rooting for him.

Maybe he can plant a cleat in one of Haynesworth's tendons or something...

Good luck to Andre, one of the few FA's we brought in during the dark times who managed to live up to his paycheck and give us multiple seasons of double digit sacks.

This brings up an interesting conversation: aside from Andre Carter and London Fletcher, who else would you list as free agents who have actually panned out?

Archived