Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter to the Patriots

georgiaredskin

This brings up an interesting conversation: aside from Andre Carter and London Fletcher, who else would you list as free agents who have actually panned out?

Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington, DeAngelo Hall, Randy Thomas, Shawn Springs, Casey Rabach, Mike Sellers

Not all were great their whole time here but all of these guys at a couple of good years.

---------- Post added August-8th-2011 at 03:29 PM ----------

You mean, two of our former players who will be used in the right schemes for their skills, don't you? CHA-CHING...Super Bowl RING???

Might want to let that happen before you proclaim it fact. New England right now runs a scheme similar to ours. They might adjust their schemes slightly to fit Carter and Haynesworth's style but they still may struggle. Haynesworth didn't struggle here because of scheme. He struggled because he's an unmotivated fatass. Carter struggled because he's just not a 3-4 OLB or DE. He's flat out built for the 4-3 DE.

The one guy who I probably wouldn't have guven any grief for feeling a little salty about the transition to the 3-4, but he didn't say anything, went ou tthere, and gave it all he had. How can you not respect that? The guy is a true professional, and I hope he tears it up in New England ( though not against us)

This brings up an interesting conversation: aside from Andre Carter and London Fletcher, who else would you list as free agents who have actually panned out?

Well I'd count the dark times as Spurrier and Zorn and the last 2 seasons of Gibbs when they let Cerrato loose, and I am only looking at free agent signings. Carter is one, Fletcher is one, I wouldn't count Springs, Clark, Griffin, as the dark times FA signings. DeAngelo Hall...I guess he's panning out?

Way to go AC. He was one of my favorite D-linemen for a long time when we were running the 4-3. I was sad to see him go but I'm happy to see he'll have a chance to shine again. Gives me even more reasons to check out the Pats this year. Albert failure and success for AC.

They run a 3-4, where he has not been successful... washington and 49ers... but, the Pats are smarter than both of those franchises and have the ability to use him to his strengths and won't ask him to expose his weaknesses...

Pats are switching to a hybrid defense, possibly even a 4-3.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6826604/new-england-patriots-mailbag-anything-4-3-talk

Archived