Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter to the Patriots

georgiaredskin

Darnit!

@mr_carter99

Andre Carter

I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season. Thanks you for your prayers and support.

(just posted on twitter)

Hinted two days ago by this article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/763557-nfl-rumors-latest-trade-rumors-free-agent-buzz-and-lockout-news/entry/112806-nfl-rumors-signing-andre-carter-would-be-another-brilliant-move-by-patriots

Good luck to him there. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Pats (far from it), I enjoyed his tenure here and thought he was a quality player.

Sucks you have to work with Haynesworthless again, AC.

My thoughts exactly.

And he is an even better quality person. At fan day last year he stopped his vehicle to get out and sign autographs for my niece and nephew. All the best wishes and blessings for Andre Carter. You are missed.

Good luck to him there. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Pats (far from it), I enjoyed his tenure here and thought he was a quality player.

Sucks you have to work with Haynesworthless again, AC.

Not all the time though, just when Al actually plays. But good for Andre, hope he does well. Good guy, great leader and I don't know why he was not used here properly. Oh well.

Not all the time though, just when Al actually plays. But good for Andre, hope he does well. Good guy, great leader and I don't know why he was not used here properly. Oh well.
I have to believe this is why:
He was a really productive player for us when we ran a 4-3 scheme. Should be a boost to their pass rush.

We took him out of the DE spot and put him at OLB when we switched to the 3-4. Thus he started less and had about a 10 sack drop off from 2009 to 2010.

The Pats also run a 3-4, so it'll be interesting so see how hell be utilized.

If all else fails, he can switch to line dancing.

Andre+Carter.jpg

I have to believe this is why:

We took him out of the DE spot and put him at OLB when we switched to the 3-4. Thus he started less and had about a 10 sack drop off from 2009 to 2010.

The Pats also run a 3-4, so it'll be interesting so see how hell be utilized.

If all else fails, he can switch to line dancing.

I wonder the same thing. He is definitely a 4-3 end. He is not a 3-4 OLB. It sucked since he was great here in a 4-3 and when they switched, he obviously didn't fit.

Pats aren't telling the media officially (BB), but they have switched to a 4-3 now.

We had some good players for a 4-3 team so the Patriots are definitely making out good on the situation. If they had Orakpo, they'd have most of our 2009-top-ten-in-sacks defensive fronts.

Pats aren't telling the media officially (BB), but they have switched to a 4-3 now.

They've always played a hybrid. The media labels them a 3-4 but Belicheck is great about changing fronts to suit his players. The first two SB's they won were primarily with 4-3 defenses after some LB injuries.

Archived