Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Rex Grossman not in camp yet? UPDATED- REX AGREES TO TERMS, to arrive 8-2-11

DieHard86

If John Beck threw 7 tds in three games we all would be going nuts.

Rex knows at least one of the Shanahans thinks he is the guy. Probably just asking for a little more money than offered. I'm sure he'll be there the 4th. And will probably be under center opening day if Beck doesn't ever get around to showing off his supposed strong arm.

It is embarrassing, obviously, but we need him to start competing immediately. How can this not be a priority right now?
Let nature (i.e. TK) take it's course people ...
Why? Is TK leading the negotiations?

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

That's funny right there I don 't care who you are!

---------- Post added August-1st-2011 at 12:08 PM ----------

You don't think all those vaginas are going to bang themselves' date=' do you?

Rex is a busy busy man.[/quote']

Rex has been needed in the debt ceiling negotiation. Now, that it looks to be resolved he will be here shortly.
Who cares why he's not there I hope he never shows up
What does it say about the Skins that we are in a mini-panic because Rex ****ing Grossman has not beens signed yet?
It's hard to look at Beck and imagine there's a glass at all.

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

Just yesterday I was saying I'd support Beck and we should give him a chance, but I dunno. Doesn't sound like he's doing so great from the training camp tweet thread. I really, REALLY, hope we sign Rex soon. I'm trying hard to stay positive about all this but damn! Times like this I almost wish we still had ARE on the roster LOL.

I don't want to tank the season and I don't think we really "need" Luck to win, but it would be nice.

You can't say "name a QB other than so and so" and prove your point IMO. You may not need a number 1 overall QB but a First round QB gives you a good chance. Both Manning Brother, Roethlisberger, Rodgers,.. all drafted in the 1st round. Tom Brady is a once in a lifetime. Hell even Rivers is a Sb quality QB. I see people say this all the time, but, where are ALL the QBs that weren't drafted in the first round that are knocking SBs down left and right?

Do you want a first rounder like Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Cade McNown, Jim Druckenmiller, Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, etc etc.? There is no guarantee that Luck will pan out.

Hi guys, Bears fan here.

I am actually pretty surprised most of you are not more excited for Grossman. If John Beck had thrown 7 TD's in the last 3 games of last year, you would be be jumping up and down (or any other qb for that matter). The fact is, Rex has improved since his time as a Bear, I can see it with his play. He DID NOT have any "Rex like" games last year as some of his detractors say. His worse game was Jacksonville, and he limited his turnovers to 1. When Rex had bad games with the Bears, they were 4-6 turnover games.

Give him a chance, you may be surprised. And stop kidding yourself, Rex knows hes sitting in a great place right now. Kyle wants him as the starter, and if it is an open competition, Rex will destroy Beck. Rex was legendary in Chicago for his practice sharpness, and if he even plays remotely the same in pre-season as he did at the end of last year- he will win hands down. He's your week 1 starter, the Beck talk is all a ploy.

You can win with Rex, I believe his record as a starter with the Bears was 22-11. Yes, they had a solid D and special teams, but the "O" played pretty well. If he plays like he did last year, I believe you guys can compete.

Maybe the reason Rex is not signed is because they don't need him. He really didn't light up the field the last few games of the year otherwise he would have been one of the first signings. So his not being signed yet tells me that he is not in their plans.

Do you want a first rounder like Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Cade McNown, Jim Druckenmiller, Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, etc etc.? There is no guarantee that Luck will pan out.

Nope there isn't.

Looking at recent history like someone suggested, the chances of drafting a SB caliber QB are higher if you do so in the first round... you can't dispute that. Sure you can get a bust left and right, but, with the new rookie wage scale... it won't hurt near as much as it would have a few years ago. I'd rather take my chances on a First rounder IF we had that chance. For every 1st round bust you named there are prolly 100 QBs drafted elsewhere that haven't been any good...

In no means do I wanna tank the season or even trade anything to get into the First for a QB, but, if we end up with a top 10 pick again (which is highly likely) then we should start thinking QB IMO. It doesn't HAVE to be Luck tho... there will be some nice QBs coming out next year.

When the QB is only in his 5th season. Even though he's 29, he hasnt had the wear and tear that the other 29 year old QB's have. He's got the same experience that Kevin Kolb has. Do you consider Kolb old?

The average NFL career is less than the age difference between Beck and Kolb. Beck is not a young QB. A better description would be unproven or inexperienced with a great deal of upside.

The average NFL career is less than the age difference between Beck and Kolb. Beck is not a young QB. A better description would be unproven or inexperienced with a great deal of upside.

An even better description would be unproven and inexperienced.

No I consider him garbage.

No argument here. I think Kolb is the most overrated POS ive ever seen. Arizona got ****ed. As far as Beck, i just disagree. The guy got in the NFL late, NFL careers are short because of the wear and tear, which Beck has hardly any. You don't get worn down by sitting on the bench.

Do you think you guys could win with these games?

Contrary to popular belief, Bears did not just win because of defense. These are actual stats that Grossman has put up in games before.(with bears and skins) Take his name and media stigma out of it. Not too bad. What has John Beck ever accomplished?

18 26 69.2% 262 1 1 98.6

20 27 74.1% 289 4 0 148.0

17 31 54.8% 232 2 0 100.5

15 27 55.6% 182 2 0 101.2

23 29 79.3% 252 3 0 137.4

18 30 60.0% 246 3 1 105.7

13 23 56.5% 200 2 0 114.4

29 44 65.9% 339 2 0 104.3

20 36 55.6% 197 1 0 80.4

24 37 64.9% 266 0 0 86.1

25 46 54.3% 296 1 0 81.4

25 43 58.1% 322 4 2 93.4

26 44 59.1% 336 2 1 88.8

Don't tell me the guy can't play, he can. If anyone can get him to be consistant, it's Shannahan.

I swear to God I can't wait until I hear

"And with the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select Andrew Luck QB STANFORD"

Rex your a bum. You should lead by example and get your sorry/average ass into camp until you get signed. (Starter money lol... really Rex)

Hail!

And do what? Right now, he wouldn't be practicing anyway because he's not allowed to. The FO is playing it smart and waiting until Rex has to sign a take-it-or-leave-it deal. He is not holding out, the Redskins just don't need him right now since he can't practice and if they wait until he can actually practice, they'll get him at a better price.

It seems to me the Redskins are letting Rex shop for offers from other teams. When he can actually come to camp (August 4) they will match or better any deal and the Sexy One will be in camp. I obviously have no proof of this but the fact they seem to be acting like they expect him to be on the team.

rex starts no where else in the league.. this is by far the best place for him to be.

he wants to be the starting qb, and is holding out because of it. i find that ironic, because the longer he holds out, the better and more familiar beck gets with the receivers and offense. thus increasing the chance of rex being beck's backup.

And there is not guarantee that he won't. But anyone with half a brain can look at some college players and say they will be go pros most of the time. There are exceptions like Leaf and Couch. McNown, Druckenmiller, Shuler, Akili and a whole bunch of others: I could tell they would suck. I wanted Dilfer over Shuler and even though Dilfer didn't turn out to be a HOFer, he was much more serviceable than Shuler.

Archived