Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Rex Grossman not in camp yet? UPDATED- REX AGREES TO TERMS, to arrive 8-2-11

DieHard86

I swear to God I can't wait until I hear

"And with the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select Andrew Luck QB STANFORD"

Rex your a bum. You should lead by example and get your sorry/average ass into camp until you get signed. (Starter money lol... really Rex)

Hail!

I really suspect that a deal is in place, but Shanny told all involved to hold off coming in until Beck is a little more entrenched.

Rex knows he is going to be on the sidelines until/if Beck starts to flounder, and then he will be brought in.

No sense coming in now and adding pressure to the young QB.... :)

I swear to God I can't wait until I hear

"And with the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select Andrew Luck QB STANFORD"

Rex your a bum. You should lead by example and get your sorry/average ass into camp until you get signed. (Starter money lol... really Rex)

Hail!

Name a Superbowl winning QB from the last 12 years who was taken first overall in the draft and who's last name is not Manning? We do not need to tank this year to try to win a SB.

Even if he was already signed, he couldn't practice until August 4th anyway. Relax. Nobody is blowing up Rex's phone to pry him away from us, I'm sure of that.

Your sig is awesome. beck does look like MacGruber!

You don't think all those vaginas are going to bang themselves' date=' do you?

Rex is a busy busy man.[/quote']

God I love ES

Do you think all the talking up of Beck in the offseason was a ploy to not have to pay Grossman starters money and he is calling them on it?

I don't know if it's a bluff but I do think Mike and Kyle have different starting QBs in mind. Everything I see quoted from Kyle indicates Rex despite what has been laid down publicly by Mike.

relax, nobody else is gonna sign him or they would have done so even tho he cant practice he would have their playbook...... that being said the only team that would have interest in him is the texans and they just signed leinart to be their #2. he knows our scheme, and he cant practice til the 4th anyways.... he will get a fair back up deal and if he wants more he wont get it. i expect him to be here on the 4th

He wouldn't be able to practice til Thursday anyways.

If after Thursday he still hasn't signed, then you can start to worry. Once he starts missing actual competition time with so little time left to the first pre-season game, then we have a true threat of being stuck with deep duck thrower.

Do you think all the talking up of Beck in the offseason was a ploy to not have to pay Grossman starters money and he is calling them on it?

In a weird kinda way, I think Grossman has at least a little leverage in this situation. With John Beck being the main competition, I think Rex can be fairly comfortable sitting back.

Sexy Rexy may have sent Bruce an email saying he wasn't ready for the lock out to end, and had a 'family' vacation planned for this week, so he wouldn't be available for practice anyways until that's done right? I mean why does it have to be Rex being greedy. It could just be they haven't been able to connect yet. It isn't like I've heard other teams talking about signing grossman.

What I want to know is why they're having a WR competition, a DB competition, but no QB competition. They need WRs and DBs and they're gonna get them, but they really need a QB. I get that a QB is no good if he's got no one to throw to, but what good are a bunch of good WRs without a QB?

I just pray that the Shanahan's know what they're doing.

Name a Superbowl winning QB from the last 12 years who was taken first overall in the draft and who's last name is not Manning? We do not need to tank this year to try to win a SB.

No one is saying the Redskins NEED to tank (Well someone is probably saying it, but a very small minority). But it's reasonably obvious this team won't be very good without some miracle happening. So getting a high draft pick is a nice consolation prize. And certainly if the higher pick the better, particularly if it is the difference between Peyton Manning (#1 overall) and Ryan Leaf (#2 overall). That small difference could alter the course of the franchise.

Of course, many great QBs did not go #1. And many crappy QBs did not go #1 either. There's no one solution. But it is true that most top QBs are first round picks and the higher the pick the more a team has their choice of any QB available.

Archived