Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Rex Grossman not in camp yet? UPDATED- REX AGREES TO TERMS, to arrive 8-2-11

DieHard86

Do you think you guys could win with these games?

Contrary to popular belief, Bears did not just win because of defense. These are actual stats that Grossman has put up in games before.(with bears and skins) Take his name and media stigma out of it. Not too bad. What has John Beck ever accomplished?

18 26 69.2% 262 1 1 98.6

20 27 74.1% 289 4 0 148.0

17 31 54.8% 232 2 0 100.5

15 27 55.6% 182 2 0 101.2

23 29 79.3% 252 3 0 137.4

18 30 60.0% 246 3 1 105.7

13 23 56.5% 200 2 0 114.4

29 44 65.9% 339 2 0 104.3

20 36 55.6% 197 1 0 80.4

24 37 64.9% 266 0 0 86.1

25 46 54.3% 296 1 0 81.4

25 43 58.1% 322 4 2 93.4

26 44 59.1% 336 2 1 88.8

Don't tell me the guy can't play, he can. If anyone can get him to be consistant, it's Shannahan.

Yeah, he's played some good games. Now put in the stats for his poor games. Then you'll get the whole picture. (Don't forget those fumbles

from last year either.)

good news to have our starting QB in camp on time.

interesting.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 12:24 PM ----------

The Rex Cannon is back!!!!!!!!

sex cannon, not rex cannon. it has a better ring to it.

and i laugh every time i read it.

In what universe is age 30 considered a "young QB"? :whoknows:

I think its because becks only been in the league for 4 years, and has barely played. So he doesnt have the wear and tear that a regular 30 year old qb does. he could play at a high level for a long time, maybe another 8 years.

interesting.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 12:24 PM ----------

sex cannon, not rex cannon. it has a better ring to it.

and i laugh every time i read it.

play on words. That's what makes "Rex Cannon" funny. Especially when taken in conjuction with "Eff it I'm going deep" and "Chicks dig the deep stuff".

Gotta have some fun with Grossman.

Yeah, he's played some good games. Now put in the stats for his poor games. Then you'll get the whole picture. (Don't forget those fumbles

from last year either.)

grossman had some unbelievably awesome games. he also had 5 or 6 embarrassingly terrible games, all which equaled out to his total.

that one solid season he had was 5 years ago, and hes never even come close to duplicating that again. also, having a defense that got him constant turnovers didnt hurt either. that being said, not a chance he comes even close to his chicago stats. in 3 games with us last year, he had a 1-2 record, 7-4 TD/INT ratio, and 3 lost fumbles. he aint taking us very far.

I still think he should be given a chance

Shanahan has said it's an open competition at QB -- more so as of late. The media is ignoring this for whatever reason. At this time, there no starter -- the job is up for grabs.

---------- Post added August-2nd-2011 at 05:03 PM ----------

in 3 games with us last year, he had a 1-2 record, 7-4 TD/INT ratio, and 3 lost fumbles. he aint taking us very far.

Very easily could have won all of those games. And talk about pressure -- dude was playing for his career. He didn't play great, but he showed he could run the offense fairly well.

If John Beck threw 7tds in three games -- with at least two more tds dropped -- we'd be talking Canton right now.

Grossman is a better player than his reputation. If Beck beats him out, then I'll be pretty excited about Beck.

I like Grossman. I think his reputation is kinda funny but I also think he's a better than average QB.

Even with Beck's head start and all that, I think Grossman takes over as starter by week 4, if not sooner. It's very hard to match an extra year in the system, weeks of #1 practice reps, and three games of film/experience in the system.

I'm fine with either Beck or Grossman. Glad we didn't bring in some guy that didn't know the system. Let's get to work and see what happens.

I like Grossman. I think his reputation is kinda funny but I also think he's a better than average QB.

Even with Beck's head start and all that, I think Grossman takes over as starter by week 4, if not sooner. It's very hard to match an extra year in the system, weeks of #1 practice reps, and three games of film/experience in the system.

I'm fine with either Beck or Grossman. Glad we didn't bring in some guy that didn't know the system. Let's get to work and see what happens.

Beck really does not have a head start on Grossman. This would be Grossmans 3rd year in the system. beck getting to practice for 1 additional week amounts to next to nothing. Remember, Beck was running practice squad last year, which primarily runs the opponents offense. Rex actually has real game reps. If anything, Beck is probably way behind Rex.

Grossman is Grossman. I've been on board with "Plan Rex" since the end of last year, when it was clear he was at least as good as McNabb in this system, if not better.

We ain't going to the Super Bowl this year. I have no problem with Rex as a caretaker QB while we work on some other kinks. I'm very happy with what I've seen this offseason.

Archived