Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Rex Grossman not in camp yet? UPDATED- REX AGREES TO TERMS, to arrive 8-2-11

DieHard86

What I want to know is why they're having a WR competition, a DB competition, but no QB competition. They need WRs and DBs and they're gonna get them, but they really need a QB. I get that a QB is no good if he's got no one to throw to, but what good are a bunch of good WRs without a QB?

I just pray that the Shanahan's know what they're doing.

Not sure I follow. Is there really a competition at either WR or CB? People know Moss and Hall will be starters. People know Wilson and Armstong with play. How much Hankerson or Barnes plays will be dictated by their development. Sure they're will be a fight for the last few roster spots. That's true of any position. Is QB any different? Beck will make the team. Clemens might. He will be fighting other players for a roster spot. Grossman will in all likelihood be signed shortly. If Beck stinks, I'm sure Grossman will get some play at some point. Might not be Week 1, but some time furing the season.

It's a valid question. The strange thing to me is that Coach Shanny keeps referencing him in press conferences, like he's on the roster.

I know he can't practice until Thursday but so what? Get him signed. He's only our starting QB.

The situation at QB may not be as clear as people think. They have stated they will have Rex back, but that puts leverage on his side to get more money. The trouble is he's not worth starter money, and no other team would sign him to anything but back-up money if at all. So he needs the skins to give him a chance as much as we need him.

Don't know how it will work out, there is Orton that's probably available if Rex demands a big time contract. Would rather have that than overpay for Rex.

Why? Because he actually proved last year that he can do a more than adequate job running Shanny Jr.'s offense? What has your Jesus Beck done other than run his mouth & miss every single pass on Saturday?

Pure stupidity I tells yah.

Who cares why he's not there I hope he never shows up

He wants starter level money, and the redskins aren't going to give it to him.

at least not yet.

Obviously nobody really wants him or he'd be signed already. If he's holding out for a payday he's making a terrible mistake. The future of the Skins doesn't lie with Rex Grossman and I hope they don't take any crap from him.

He's Rex Grossman. Has he forgotten that already?

Rex is an idiot to think he can get starters money after displaying the same Rex for three games.

The same Rex? Highest rating in his career, 7 TDs, 4 INTs, He would have thrown fro 4480 yards projected over 16 games. 37 TDs.

If he can do that over a season, we win the division. Obviously, he can't, but, it's not like he played badly in those three. He did have Rex-like mistakes. No doubt. But, seriously, he did fine.

The same Rex? Highest rating in his career, 7 TDs, 4 INTs, He would have thrown fro 4480 yards projected over 16 games. 37 TDs.

If he can do that over a season, we win the division. Obviously, he can't, but, it's not like he played badly in those three. He did have Rex-like mistakes. No doubt. But, seriously, he did fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuswgk6ZzM

I don't know what you watched but he played average in his last 4 games as starter. I thought he was going to come in and turn water into wine since he knew the offense. His decision making is poor and allot of his passes get batted down. I can't wait until we really address the QB position.

Hail!

I was watching the player who actually played very well in two of his THREE starts and poorly in one of his three. And overall he put up numbers which would rate out to a tremendous, league leading, MVP type year. Again, obviously, it's not likely Rex is a 4500-yard, 37-TD kind of cat. But, from his three games, he did PLENTY to think he can play in this offense for this team with no discernible limits from last year's play with McNabb.

I can't believe John friggin Beck is going to be our starting quarterback. Sad state of affairs.

I'll believe it when I see it in week one. Until then, I just think Rex is the best QB on our roster and will be the man after camp shakes it all down. I also think he's better than he gets credit for. He's got small hands and that means turnovers but he's aggressive with good mechanics and he knows the scheme. I actually like Rex Grossman. If we can keep him standing we won't be as bad-off as most people count on.

(No I don't think he should get starter money.)

I was watching the player who actually played very well in two of his THREE starts and poorly in one of his three. And overall he put up numbers which would rate out to a tremendous, league leading, MVP type year. Again, obviously, it's not likely Rex is a 4500-yard, 37-TD kind of cat. But, from his three games, he did PLENTY to think he can play in this offense for this team with no discernible limits from last year's play with McNabb.

what are his numbers extrapolated? Anyone have that?

Not saying he cannot be adequate. Just don't ask for starters money (if that is true).

Name a Superbowl winning QB from the last 12 years who was taken first overall in the draft and who's last name is not Manning? We do not need to tank this year to try to win a SB.

I don't want to tank the season and I don't think we really "need" Luck to win, but it would be nice.

You can't say "name a QB other than so and so" and prove your point IMO. You may not need a number 1 overall QB but a First round QB gives you a good chance. Both Manning Brother, Roethlisberger, Rodgers,.. all drafted in the 1st round. Tom Brady is a once in a lifetime. Hell even Rivers is a Sb quality QB. I see people say this all the time, but, where are ALL the QBs that weren't drafted in the first round that are knocking SBs down left and right?

I don't want to tank the season and I don't think we really "need" Luck to win, but it would be nice.

You can't say "name a QB other than so and so" and prove your point IMO. You may not need a number 1 overall QB but a First round QB gives you a good chance. Both Manning Brother, Roethlisberger, Rodgers,.. all drafted in the 1st round. Tom Brady is a once in a lifetime. Hell even Rivers is a Sb quality QB. I see people say this all the time, but, where are ALL the QBs that weren't drafted in the first round that are knocking SBs down left and right?

Drew Brees. Tom Brady.

Drew Brees. Tom Brady.

Like I said, Brady is a once in a lifetime.

When you comeback against 4 first round QBs that won the Sb with 2 Qbs then I think my point is proven.... especially since 1 of those players won 3.

I'm not saying we NEED to spend a first on a QB to win, but the chances are obviously higher... Heck even look at the SB losers. Roethlisberger, McNabb, Manning. This year was a battle of 2 first round QBs.

Go back to 98 and 99, Elway won back to back..

Maybe Rex has changed as a QB, or maybe he hasn't. Unfortunately the only way to find out is for him to play an entire season. Remember the old Rex Grossman in Chicago wasn't a bad QB. He would manage most games well, then he would single handedly lose several other games. The Bears got tiered of his Dr. Jekyll /Mr Hyde QB play. And we didn't see enough of him last year to accurately predict what he would do over a 16 game season. He did well in the starts but lets face it.. none of those teams got a chance to game plan for him and study his tendencies over the course of a season. And those teams he started against none were playoff bound. It's hard to look at Rex and think the glass is half full.

Archived