Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AdamSchefter Confirmed: Nnamdi to the Eagles. Done.(Merged)

youlivnlearn

With Nnamdi and Rodger-C and Ashante the Eagles have the best trio of DBs playing ...

Teams will have a hard time scoring, and that's scary!

Bringing in an Eagles fan's argument. "We said that with Sean and Arch Deluxe"

Wasn't going to work with Revis and Asomugha, won't work with Samuel, DRC, and Asomugha

man this sucks... i thought they were done after DRC..

they are almost a lock to win East now, and probably favored SB champs.

the problem that i have is that they quickly got rid of mcnabb and now have one of the best qb's in the league. they are a team that will make the playoffs every year, and eventually, there gonna at least get to the big game.

that defense is gonna be tough, we are going to have to play smashmouth football to beat them, and hope for lucky bounces.

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 08:33 PM ----------

They would have been better off using that money and getting DeAngelo Williams IMO. That's a scary secondary though. Their safety's are no slouches either.

they do have mccoy, he's really good.

Having many "big heads" on the same defense worked back in the 80's, but in today's game it doesn't go quite as planned.

Yes, it would have been sweet to get Nnamdi, but I can see a 3rd WR killing them at their own game, and the more they focus on the 3rd, it becomes a cat-and-mouse game.

BTW; was it just me, or is the "coke king" Irvin not quite having both eyes straight at the camera; It looks as if the right eye is going deep but the left is doing a quick slant...lol

My thoughts are a couple of posts back, bottom line, ya'll need to calm down. (Did I just use the "word" "ya'll"?) Anyway, look I say this again, there's NO WAY they keep all three. DRC plays the no. 2 corner...........and they drafted a CB in the second round, I don't know why so many on here.......and in the media think that Asante Samuel is cool being a nickel back. It's not gonna happen. He wants to start, and they would be prudent to get a first-round draft pick for him.......in fact they're already shopping him, and I heard he didn't show up to camp today. (don't know how accurate that second part is) My point stays the same regardless, I doubt they keep Samuel. So they get another CB like Samuel, except in stead of zone he's better at man, and can help in run support. Major upgrade. (Nnamdi is 30 btw), and DRC.....they still don't have safeties...loosing 1 starter, they have no linebackers currently on the roster that are any good, and the DT's aren't that good, though there's a lot of dept there, but they're all average. We probably won't beat them....but if I had a choice between Atlanta, Green Bay, and a few other teams in the playoffs....with Reid coaching....and the eagles new DC (who's not Jim Washburn...it's Juan Castillo)...I'll put my money on the other team. As someone said earlier...they're not the 85 bears for crying out loud...they added two CB's.....not 6 HOFers people.

they do have mccoy, he's really good.

I was considering that too. I just think Williams would have put them in a better position to win it all than adding another CB even one the caliber of NA. You can't stop the run - you're in deep trouble. Williams and Mccoy is a deadly combination IMO.

Usually we are one of the FA winners.. Does seem odd for the Skins not to land a "top" FA this year. Combine that with our draft this year in which we traded down for more picks, made the non "splashy" selection. Seems as things might actually be changing around here. I like that. I am a little nervous about Grossman or Beck leading this team anywhere but time will tell. To me all of this shows that things have truly changed. Not happy that Nnamdi landed in Philthy but who knows maybe they will end up regretting that contract like our team has so many times with some of our FA signings.

Not happy that Nnamdi landed in Philthy but who knows maybe they will end up regretting that contract like our team has so many times with some of our FA signings.

there are huge differences b/t our past signings and this signing. in the past we tended to pay for names, players out of their prime, dont fit in our system, have attitude issues, and we always overpaid.

im not sure what the eagles are paying Nnamdi, but they didnt give up any picks, he can play in any system, he is still in his prime, and he is great on and off the field.

it was a win/win trade for them, while our trades always have big question marks, thats the difference.

By the way you write it sounds like 2 cents is what you make an hour. Just because you HOPE something is not going to make it happen. Top 5 Offense Top 5 Defense - book it - for many years and shots at our 1st SB win...

"By the way you write"(comma goes here)......"Just because you HOPE something"(comma goes here, also you must of left something out because that sentence makes ZERO sense).

Now what were you saying there genius??

"book it for many years and shots at our 1st SB win" what the hell does that mean

the only thing you got right in this response was "A CHANCE at OUR 1st SB WIN"..and thats only because the season hasnt started yet...

I would say they are front runners now..... This sucks

This kind of talk always gets thrown around after big signings but I wouldn't call them front runners for a SB title. It makes them better.....but won't get them the ring.

there are huge differences b/t our past signings and this signing. in the past we tended to pay for names, players out of their prime, dont fit in our system, have attitude issues, and we always overpaid.

im not sure what the eagles are paying Nnamdi, but they didnt give up any picks, he can play in any system, he is still in his prime, and he is great on and off the field.

it was a win/win trade for them, while our trades always have big question marks, thats the difference.

I agree with what you put, however Nnamdi wasn't traded, he was a FA who could sign anywhere. I wish he had signed here.

Hope all of you that were against Aso coming here are happy now that we get to face him twice a year instead...I hope that makes you real freakin happy.

I'm slowly increasing my level of hatred towards the Iggles more and more as the days go by. Keep on holding out Desean...you're doing fine buddy!

I will laugh my butt off if the Eagles don't win it. Spending all that money, getting all that talent, only to fall once again. Hilarious.

Yup, keep laughing....and the Eagles acquiring more talent helps the Redskins how? But hey, if winning 4-6 games a year and reminiscing about teams from 2 decades ago is the goal....you're in good shape...Hail LOL

Philthy is setting themselves up really well for a run, there's no doubt about that. But Vick is 31, Babin is 31, Nnamdi is 30...the moves they've made to win now are with players whose window is going to close quickly. If the Eagles don't win the big one in the next 2-3 seasons, all these big name moves will mean nothing.

Moss was supposed to put the Patriots over the top.

Williams was supposed to put the Cowboys over the top.

Kearse was supposed to put you guys over the top.

Deion was supposed to put us over the top.

Peppers was supposed to put the Bears over the top.

And that's just off the top of my head.

There's always that one prized guy that is the "one piece" a team needs to make it to the Super Bowl. Tends to not always work out as planned. The Iggles certainly have a great team on paper. Absolutely. But this is going to be a very unusual season anyway, and every team still needs to produce to win. Nobody's going to hand anyone a trophy.

I will laugh my butt off if the Eagles don't win it. Spending all that money, getting all that talent, only to fall once again. Hilarious.

Sounds familiar, eh?

I say respect their moves.

The last time they saw us they dusted as as badly as this team has ever been dusted. The worst whipping I have ever seen any pro offense put on any pro defense, ours or otherwise, EVER.

That means shut up til we show we belong on the field with them, in my book.

~Bang

There's always that one prized guy that is the "one piece" a team needs to make it to the Super Bowl. Tends to not always work out as planned. The Iggles certainly have a great team on paper. Absolutely. But this is going to be a very unusual season anyway, and every team still needs to produce to win. Nobody's going to hand anyone a trophy.

Precisely, when was the last time a preseason "favorite" actually managed to produce up to expectations? Philly is stocked, there's no denying it, but they are going to play 16 games against teams expected to lose by the media experts. Wearing a target as the presumptive "best" frequently costs a team by firing up the opposition and your own guys thinking they are good enough to coast to the playoffs (we've seen this before haven't we?)

Precisely, when was the last time a preseason "favorite" actually managed to produce up to expectations?

As much as ESPN jocks the Cowboys, last year a large number of their experts picked the Packers to rep the conference in the SB prior to the season.

As much as ESPN jocks the Cowboys, last year a large number of their experts picked the Packers to rep the conference in the SB prior to the season.

And they had to overcome a lot of injuries, keep their heads straight and suffered several unexpected losses along the way, so even though they managed to win a SB it wasn't a cakewalk that some seem to think Philly will have.

Archived