Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AdamSchefter Confirmed: Nnamdi to the Eagles. Done.(Merged)

youlivnlearn

They are still coached by Andy Reid right?

The same Andy Reid that through 13 years in the league as a HC has still not figured out that you need a competent run game,especially in the NFC East?

Not saying they won't be any good,but as long as Reid stays one dimensional in his offensive philosophy,he'll still have to visit Redskins Park to see a trophy case that has a Lombardi in it.

My freaking god.

People act like they're scared of Philly now? Pfft. Eagles are a never was franchise, period. History doesn't change and until Philly does ANYTHING they are still Philly.

We're still at least two years away anyway.

Face it, the Eagles just pulled a Redskins move by signing the big splashy agent over 30.

Vick = never wins the big one

Eagles = never win the big one

Same ol', same ol'. Not scared of them at all.

My freaking god.

People act like they're scared of Philly now? Pfft. Eagles are a never was franchise, period. History doesn't change and until Philly does ANYTHING they are still Philly.

We're still at least two years away anyway.

Face it, the Eagles just pulled a Redskins move by signing the big splashy agent over 30.

Vick = never wins the big one

Eagles = never win the big one

Same ol', same ol'. Not scared of them at all.

Pretty bold from someone's who's team hasn't been relevant in in 20 years....The Eagles product PUMMELS the Redskins, it's not even close dude. They ****ing FLEECED the Cardinals and have a decent backup QB.

Hail, but Damn....I wish I was an Eagles fan.

Sounds familiar, eh?

I say respect their moves.

The last time they saw us they dusted as as badly as this team has ever been dusted. The worst whipping I have ever seen any pro offense put on any pro defense, ours or otherwise, EVER.

That means shut up til we show we belong on the field with them, in my book.

~Bang

Bang, you really need to take that show of yours to 1067. Your opinions and stances on sports, especially the NFL, are always spot on and well thought out.

Everyone here saying that this signing isn't a big deal are being delusional. This makes the Eagles a much tougher team to beat. Let's see how the Skins fare against them this year before talking too much smack.

Pretty bold from someone's who's team hasn't been relevant in in 20 years....The Eagles product PUMMELS the Redskins, it's not even close dude. They ****ing FLEECED the Cardinals and have a decent backup QB.

Then go be an Eagles fan.

We were in year 1 of a rebuilding process to overhaul a complete cluster of an organization. We shouldn't have won last year.

And as for their product pummeling our product, doesn't matter. They have just as much to show for it in the last 20 years as we do - nothing.

We got a ways to go, sure, but people in here are acting scared of the Eagles. This is football. And in my opinion, one cornerback, hell one player, isn't gonna put a team over the hump.

You're joking right? Most of the football fans I'm around happen to be Eagles fans unfortunately....I blame geography. Any 35+ Eagles fan whose not an idiot will tell you that Eagles fans have never had anything to cheer about until the last 15 years. (There was that 1 magical season in 1980), but statistically, the Eagles are still one of the worst franchises in the history of the NFL. I mean they were so bad for so long...we're talking like 1990's Bengals bad...only longer.

The Redskins haven't been relevant since winning the super bowl. You're right. Like America...the Redskins have lost the last decade of their existence, and most people who are knowledgeable about it are embarrassed. (I honestly think we've moved beyond that, and in 3 years if we and the Dan stay patient, I have to believe our FO can build a winner again...we've just gotten so used to loosing) More importantly the Redskins have gone the the SB 5 times and won 3(Only the really great franchises can say that 49ers, Pats, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers and Giants) the Eagles have gone twice, and lost twice. That's not really much of a comparison in my mind. At our best, the Redskins have won 3 super bowls, and the Eagles best they were the poor man's version of the buffalo bills. And sadly for them, as good as they were, that's the ONLY thing people are ever going to remember about their recent era of football.

To your other points, yes they pretty much stole for Arizona, Kurt Warner severely questioned the decision, and I agree with him. and yeah Eagles football is amazing compared to ours year after year. However, Where would they be if they didn't just luck out with Michael Vick? When they have to find another franchise qb again, which will probably be in 4 years, how good do you think they'll be? They're peaking now....we're just making the climb.

This makes the Eagles easily the favorite in the NFC now. But these football doesn't always pan out as it does on paper. That's why we play the game. Still. I don't expect us to be able to stand up to our rivals this season. Their talent pools are just way bigger than ours. :(

Thus has got to be the funniest thread in the last month. Seems like some people are talking PRESENT day others like talking about 20 years back still. Sounds like when my Grandfather fights with my Dad still......

Still don't think we have a Super Bowl team , but I do know we are closer than ever if we stay semi healthy and play as a true team. No one can disagree that this team could be dangerous when on and healthy. Better than GB?...Nah but getting there. Better than Washington and Dallass - probably - I guess we will see in a couple of months..

What would you guys think about trading for Asante Samuel. Since the eagles got dominique and nnamdi now, the odd man out is Asante. Hes an interception machine just like dhall.[/quote

He's a better version of D Hall..great in zone...but No...he's older and it'd probably cost at least a first round draft pick

this deal make the eagles better, but they still have weaknesses. is djax a number one reciever, you could say so. he's capable of being really flashy but will then disappear for a game or two. maclin, their best reciever imo, has had a rough case of mono and is still sick. their wr position has issues.

they lost their punter and kicker, and are now relying on a rookie for punting and kicking. that is a big deal.

thier oline, especially the right side, is very vulnerable imo.

dline is improved, but not great. linebackers are suspect.

there are some weaknesses there to take advantage of.

Isn't this a Redskins board??????

Good point, there are two thread that should not be here in the stadium. But ya got to love that avatar/.......

BTW I am a big .Redskins_fan2.gif

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 04:51 PM ----------

And the avatar fits too...

And they're running out of money to do it. I doubt they have to money to pay him what he wants.

I know for a fact that Jackson, Samuel, and Vick are not happy that they just threw all that money at Nnamdi and wouldn't take care of their own grade A talent first.. It's the Redskins game plan all over again. Wouldnt be surprised if their offense took a step back this year.

Some of you Nancys need to grow a pair. Are you guys seriously "Scare-red" of one guy? Geez Redskins fans have become lame.

^^^ Oh because there is so much to stick your chest out about this team lol I'm more of a wait and see what happens guy and not one to overreact before it even unfolds...but I see the rest of the division improving..Giants always own the skins of late..Eagles are better. We might split with Dallas.

Who freakin cares? You still have to play the game

Hey, is Samuels now available, just sayin

Such a liability in coverage though and a terrible tackler. I would much rather Rogers IMO. He doesn't get the Asante picks, but can tackle well and play coverage well.

^^^ Oh because there is so much to stick your chest out about this team lol I'm more of a wait and see what happens guy and not one to overreact before it even unfolds...but I see the rest of the division improving..Giants always own the skins of late..Eagles are better. We might split with Dallas.

It's not about having something to brag about. It's about fans backing down because the lame ass Eagles signed a player or 2. It's about everyone chalking up 2 losses before they even happen. Will we sweep Philly? Probably not. Will we be swept? Its possible. But we're 6-6 in the last 12 against them, so history says we split. My point is, don't wimp out before they even get on the field. Has everyone chalked up NE as a loss already?

It's not about having something to brag about. It's about fans backing down because the lame ass Eagles signed a player or 2.

I feel you pj, you just kind of took it to the extreme. I agree though, wait and see what happens before crowning their asses. lol

Archived