Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Carlos Rogers???

mistahsmif

I agree :cheers: I also think his attitude would "poison the well" and possibly rub off on the younger guys.

Do we still have Macho Harris on the roster? I think we can rebuild him into a good corner/safety, just my opinion though.

A good cover corner, a good tackler, but in Shanahan's attempts to makeover the lockerroom culture and general attitude, Rogers needs to go. His mentality is indicative of the Cerrato era in general, the player who is more driven by money than anything else. A player who didn't put it all on the line last year when he was nicked up, which Haslett openly questioned.

What's that old saying? We can lose with you, and we can lose without you. So long Carlos Rogers

Haslet had him covering the slot receiver this past year. Before Haslet, Mr 4-3 running our pathetic 3-4, none of Carlos's DC ever had him in man coverage. Why in the world has he been been playing the leagues softest cover 2 year after year, if he is such a great cover corner? he has size, he is good against the run. So why was he never at the LOS in man, press man, tight man, in a shutdown role?? This about more than his stone hands.

I agree. Everyone talks about how Hall gets burned. I didn't see him get burned anymore than Carlos did. And Carlos doesn't get burned deep because no matter what defensive coordinator we've had, he plays 10-15 yards of the ball. No wonder he doesn't get burned.

I agree. Everyone talks about how Hall gets burned. I didn't see him get burned anymore than Carlos did. And Carlos doesn't get burned deep because no matter what defensive coordinator we've had, he plays 10-15 yards of the ball. No wonder he doesn't get burned.

No more 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and 2. What a welcome sight that will be.

Any DB worth his salt catches that INT in the Dallas game. Los make a perfect play on the ball, timed his jump perfectly, and whiffed on the INT at the end of the game, almost costing us that game.

if you're relying on an interception to win, then you're not playing very well to begin with.

turnovers can be huge game changers, and get you out of a bad game if the timing works for you.

but i'll take a guy who is a good cover corner, over a guy who makes flashy ints any time. of course i'd rather him catch the ones that hit him in the hands. i just think he's significantly better than most fans seem to give him credit for.

And that would be where I totally disagree with you.

Forget his hands, or lack there of. There WAY beyond being a joke now. I've never seen this assertion that 'Los is a real good shut down corner. Sure, on his day, he'll do a darn fine job of that. In the past he's raised his game for the bigger opponent and shut down the likes of TO, Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. But through his career, there's many more instances of him playing the receiver soft and getting owned by a lot of lesser names. Now some of that's schematic, in terms of the initial advantage our DC's have given opponents by playing our DB's off, but even at that he's been owned way too many times to be considered little more than a good but inconsistent player IMHO. Certainly not the first round talent he seems to class himself as being.

Hail.

i respect your opinion, i just disagree with you. i'm not a scout, and don't have a closet full of film; i'm relying on my memory. my memory seems to recall that rogers was one of the few dependable players over the last 4-5 years. i just remember him doing his job... he had mistakes, and got burned, but that happens to everyone. for the most part i think he's been very reliable.

I'm always shocked at how many people think rogers is a bad corner. He can't catch the ball, but that's not his job. His job is to prevent the WR from catching the ball, and he does a damn fine job of that. Sure, he has his slips ups and mistakes; every player does.

I talk to people and they would rather have 2 halls than 2 rogers, and I just don't get it. Players like hall make flashy plays, but they get burned too often trying to make that play. I'd rather our CB's keep the WR's from catching the ball, and let the rest of the defense focus on doing their job as well. Turnovers are important, but I think play solid, fundamental football trumps that.

My only fear is that he's going to demand more money than he's worth. I'd rather them keep him, but only if the price is right.

This.

Great post, exactly my type of reply.

This.

Great post, exactly my type of reply.

Totally disagree. I think 'Los has cost the team games by not coming up with the crucial INT. Truly elite CBs not only are excellent cover corners, but then can catch, and make clutch plays when needed. Carlos does the former, but not the latter.

i respect your opinion, i just disagree with you. i'm not a scout, and don't have a closet full of film; i'm relying on my memory. my memory seems to recall that rogers was one of the few dependable players over the last 4-5 years. i just remember him doing his job... he had mistakes, and got burned, but that happens to everyone. for the most part i think he's been very reliable.

Ditto buddy. If we all had the same opinion the World would be an incredibly boring place. :cheers:

Hail.

I'm always shocked at how many people think rogers is a bad corner. He can't catch the ball, but that's not his job. His job is to prevent the WR from catching the ball, and he does a damn fine job of that. .

I agree that Rogers is underappreciated and that he is a good corner. I disagree that only job is to prevent the receiver from catching the ball. That'd be like saying Orakpo's job is to get sacks and Fletcher's job is to tackle people that get near him.

Apparently we are so far under the cap I say lets do it. Finally we can afford to do something like this. I've always like Los and still do. I think people will start to miss him once he's gone; only then will they realize how valuable he was. And I do not think Barnes is the answer at all. When I watch him I can't help but notice the guy's foot speed is not very good, which may be the DB number one most important attribute.

I want Los back. We can actually afford to do it, and it'd be one less hole to fill. If the price is right.

Let him walk, if I'm the opposing quarterback I would throw his way everytime cause the worst that can happen is an incomplete pass cause there is a 2% risk of an interception. The guy just has no hands. We all know what will happen though, he will go to another team and when the skins play against him he will have a career high 3 interception game and not get another one the rest of the year.

Rogers covers his receivers? He's had a few good games over the course of his career, but I don't think I would agree that he covers well. Do you forget that he leaves a 10 yd cushion on most plays, despite who the defensive coordinator is for us? I am sure he will command a good amount of money and I don't think he is worth what he will be asking for.

I'm curious as how Barnes could do. I've seen the hits he dished at UMD and when he did play last year. The dude can KO people. He made a dude puke one time from a hit.

I look under my bed, and in my closet for Kevin Barnes at night. Dude hits like a mack truck.

I just worry about his lack of game time reps against #2 recievers, but if coach says he can, then Im for it.

I look under my bed, and in my closet for Kevin Barnes at night. Dude hits like a mack truck.

I just worry about his lack of game time reps against #2 recievers, but if coach says he can, then Im for it.

This reminds me of the Dane Cook segment "Hit by a car". Except instead of a car I imagine Barnes hitting the guy and the guy puking shards of his own pelvis in a bucket instead of a bush.

I say let him go. Not because of his hands, but because of his attitude. I remember reading a tweet that when Landry got hurt, they could hardly get him off the field. Carlos on the other hand was cleared to play by the doctors and he wouldn't go in. Add to that, everything he has said just makes me feel like he is not a team player. I do agree that people need to look out for number 1, but I also feel that in a team sport, you are not the only one who matters. The vibe (rightly or wrongly) that I get from him is that it's all about him.

IMHO he can go.

Carlos is a better corner than Hall, all things considered. The two of them are a nice complement to each other -- one a playmaker who gives up big plays as well, the other a solid and consistent corner who often shuts down guys but can't catch at all.

I'd like us to make a run at him -- I don't want to pay Asamugouh (sp) and I don't think anyone else on the roster is capable of starting at corner.

Carlos is a better corner than Hall, all things considered. The two of them are a nice complement to each other -- one a playmaker who gives up big plays as well, the other a solid and consistent corner who often shuts down guys but can't catch at all.

I'd like us to make a run at him -- I don't want to pay Asamugouh (sp) and I don't think anyone else on the roster is capable of starting at corner.

Barnes can start, or we can sign Josh Wilson and let him and Barnes fight it out for the #2 spot. Both can shut down receivers...and both can catch.

Archived