Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Carlos Rogers???

mistahsmif

I want to keep Carlos. He can cover and he can tackle. I don't want Barnes starting. In our division, the #2 corner is going to have to cover guys like Jeremy Maclin, Dez Bryant, and Mario Manningham...I don't want to see Barnes get abused by these guys.

To the people saying you don't care that he can't catch..... I say come on man. Do you not remember the countless times he could have sealed a game or gotten our offense on the field with a chance to win simply by catching a ball that hits him between the number 2s on his jersey but no he drops it? Vet Min plus incentives or so long Carlos.

Edit: D Hall pretty much won us the Dallas and Chicago games last year. He is way better than Carlos.

To the people saying you don't care that he can't catch..... I say come on man. Do you not remember the countless times he could have sealed a game or gotten our offense on the field with a chance to win simply by catching a ball that hits him between the number 2s on his jersey but no he drops it? Vet Min plus incentives or so long Carlos.

Edit: D Hall pretty much won us the Dallas and Chicago games last year. He is way better than Carlos.

I agree that it's frustrating as hell when Carlos drops a potential interception, and yes it does happen a lot. But he's always in the right place at the right time, and he does not give up big plays like Hall does.

If Carlos demands a lot of money, then I don't want him. But I'm somewhat optimistic that there's not going to be that much demand for him. But no way does he sign for Vet Min plus incentives.

Yes, Hall wins games, true. But he also loses them. Carlos does neither. It really comes down to who's going to take his place. Like the poster above said, I just don't trust anyone on our roster covering guys like Dez Bryant and Manningham. I'm OK with getting a Free Agent, but I think we're in big trouble if we let Carlos walk without picking somebody up.

I say let him go. Not because of his hands, but because of his attitude. I remember reading a tweet that when Landry got hurt, they could hardly get him off the field. Carlos on the other hand was cleared to play by the doctors and he wouldn't go in. Add to that, everything he has said just makes me feel like he is not a team player. I do agree that people need to look out for number 1, but I also feel that in a team sport, you are not the only one who matters. The vibe (rightly or wrongly) that I get from him is that it's all about him.

IMHO he can go.

I completely agreee with you. I've never seen an average player with the worst attitude in the world. He's a complete prima-donna. Everything has been about carlos the last few years. You signed a contract and you should at least play it out before you start b!tch!ng to the world about being under appreciated. He should just move on and hopefully somebody is willing to pay for his hands of stone. You have to be able to cover and be a playmaker when the opportunity presents itself.

I think its funny, whatever team becomes interested in Rogers, that fanbase is now going to have to pick up and carry the excuse "Well, he cant catch, but he can cover" and defend the acquisition with that excuse, just like we defended him with that excuse all these years. Im glad to be rid of him honestly, and I already feel for the fanbase of the team that gets him... but atleast he can cover right? You better hope he can cover. Wait until his new fanbase gets a load of the ten yard cushions he provides WR's with.

Rogers must have had lots of girlfriends that "needed space" when he was younger, that's why he has never gotten used to being close to another person...

he's the best COVER corner we had around here in a while. he doesn't make INTs like he should, but i wouldn't say that he has lacked making plays for us.

all that being said, he can go. i think he would be disgruntled if he stayed.

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

I think its funny, whatever team becomes interested in Rogers, that fanbase is now going to have to pick up and carry the excuse "Well, he cant catch, but he can cover" and defend the acquisition with that excuse, just like we defended him with that excuse all these years. Im glad to be rid of him honestly, and I already feel for the fanbase of the team that gets him... but atleast he can cover right? You better hope he can cover. Wait until his new fanbase gets a load of the ten yard cushions he provides WR's with.

Rogers must have had lots of girlfriends that "needed space" when he was younger, that's why he has never gotten used to being close to another person...

i like your avatar

I agree that it's frustrating as hell when Carlos drops a potential interception, and yes it does happen a lot. But he's always in the right place at the right time, and he does not give up big plays like Hall does.

If Carlos demands a lot of money, then I don't want him. But I'm somewhat optimistic that there's not going to be that much demand for him. But no way does he sign for Vet Min plus incentives.

Yes, Hall wins games, true. But he also loses them. Carlos does neither. It really comes down to who's going to take his place. Like the poster above said, I just don't trust anyone on our roster covering guys like Dez Bryant and Manningham. I'm OK with getting a Free Agent, but I think we're in big trouble if we let Carlos walk without picking somebody up.

I think many people are overrating Rogers. Hall wasn't getting burnt left and right while Rogers was some nonplaymaking, lockdown defender. The guy has a couple of good games and all of the sudden his weaknesses get overlooked because of homerism.

This is the same guy that HAS to play 10 yards off of receivers because he was toast on play actions if he didn't. The same guy that compared himself to Nmandi, saying their numbers are similar. The same guy that complained last season when we didn't sign him to a long term contract.

We aren't going to play man to man, and seeing that Rogers isn't particularly impressive in zone coverage, we don't need him. We now have a very good FS behind our CBs, so we can take this chance.

We have the opportunity to do what good teams do, and that's groom someone else, while watching a player's precipitous falloff from a safe distance. Rogers is what he is, he's 30. He isn't going to wake up and suddenly learn how to catch. He isn't going to ever live up to where he was drafted. At most, he can be a good piece of a good defense. Let's not act like we're losing Champ again

he's the best COVER corner we had around here in a while. he doesn't make INTs like he should, but i wouldn't say that he has lacked making plays for us.

all that being said, he can go. i think he would be disgruntled if he stayed.

---------- Post added July-25th-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

i like your avatar

:ols: I never even look at my avatar... it must be CR.... all I see is a red X at work. Ima change it though

Also, S. Springs was a better cover corner then Rogers... it hasn't been that long. Before him both D. Sanders and D. Green were better cover corners. How far back are you talking?

:ols: I never even look at my avatar... it must be CR.... all I see is a red X at work. Ima change it though

Also, S. Springs was a better cover corner then Rogers... it hasn't been that long. Before him both D. Sanders and D. Green were better cover corners. How far back are you talking?

yeah, it's carlos :) you do have a point.. guess springs slipped my mind since he was hurt all the time, but he was good.

yeah, it's carlos :) you do have a point.. guess springs slipped my mind since he was hurt all the time, but he was good.

Thats hilarious, I was cracking on Rogers and he was my sig. I failed. :ols: thanks for the heads up. :cheers:

Let him go my tv has survived this long I dont think it can take 1 more dropped int from this overrated draft bust. Santana needs to go as well Im tired of watching him catch 1 and drop 3

oh come on now... how can you call him a bust in any sense of the word? he's easily the #2 best FA corner this off season. i doubt another team that picks him up will consider him a bust when he walks in the door... solid cover corner, solid tackler.

plus, be careful what you wish for .... he could end up in philly instead of asomugha and can definitely shut down anyone on our receving corps as it stands right now.

oh come on now... how can you call him a bust in any sense of the word? he's easily the #2 best FA corner this off season. i doubt another team that picks him up will consider him a bust when he walks in the door... solid cover corner, solid tackler.

plus, be careful what you wish for .... he could end up in philly instead of asomugha and can definitely shut down anyone on our receving corps as it stands right now.

He is a good cover corner and decent tackler but look at all the game changing pics that hit him in the hands that he dropped. He would be great if he could catch. There are high school teams that could shut down the skins 5 ft wr corps as it stands now. I definitely dont want any former skin going to any NFC East team

You are severely over-rating Carlos Rogers. J. Joseph is a better corner on the FA market, first of all. Second of all, Rogers is NOT a "shutdown" corner. He's a good coverage guy, but he surrenders catches frequently, and is prone to getting burnt deep. QB's aren't afraid to test him and throw it up for their WR to make a play, because even when he does have tight coverage, he's not a threat to intercept the ball.

I'd love playing against Carlos twice a year. There's no risk to testing him, and he's not good enough to consistently shut down even a good receiver.

The same guy that didn't want to suit up for us late last year because he was afraid of putting something bad on film and that would lower his value.....you mean THAT Carlos Rogers??

He needs to go to Oakland and join his whiny ex-roommate.

Campbell getting Saunders back will be a very interesting storyline this upcoming season. I believe Campbell had his best season under Saunders?

You are severely over-rating Carlos Rogers. J. Joseph is a better corner on the FA market, first of all. Second of all, Rogers is NOT a "shutdown" corner. He's a good coverage guy, but he surrenders catches frequently, and is prone to getting burnt deep. QB's aren't afraid to test him and throw it up for their WR to make a play, because even when he does have tight coverage, he's not a threat to intercept the ball.

I'd love playing against Carlos twice a year. There's no risk to testing him, and he's not good enough to consistently shut down even a good receiver.

when did i call him a shutdown corner? i said he could shut our receivers down... and if you don't think that's true you are delusional.

when did i call him a shutdown corner? i said he could shut our receivers down... and if you don't think that's true you are delusional.

Shutting our corners down is probably not very difficult for an average corner. However, do you know that Asomog, Cromartie, and Joseph are all FA's? Rogers is not even close to being the 2nd best CB in FA.

Archived