Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Carlos Rogers???

mistahsmif

Shutting our corners down is probably not very difficult for an average corner. However, do you know that Asomog, Cromartie, and Joseph are all FA's? Rogers is not even close to being the 2nd best CB in FA.

exactly my point... but he would be shutting down our receivers, not our corners.

Asomugah (check the spelling) is obviously the best, so I didn't put him in the equation... I'll eat some crow here, and I have no problem with that. I should have added the caveat that Joseph, while he is technically a FA, in all reality he probably isn't going anywhere but back to Cinci.

when did i call him a shutdown corner? i said he could shut our receivers down... and if you don't think that's true you are delusional.

My point is that Carlos doesn't shut down ANYONE, because QB's aren't afraid to test him, and he's not good enough to always defend the pass. In fact, he normally allows the catch to happen in front of him, and then makes the tackle. Not ideal, and not shutting anyone down.

I'll repeat, I'd love to play against Carlos twice a year, I don't care who makes up our receiving corps.

It's almost like you've been watching a different player. He's above average. That's it.

exactly my point... but he would be shutting down our receivers, not our corners.

Asomugah (check the spelling) is obviously the best, so I didn't put him in the equation... I'll eat some crow here, and I have no problem with that. I should have added the caveat that Joseph, while he is technically a FA, in all reality he probably isn't going anywhere but back to Cinci.

I agree with you about Joseph, I think Cinci wraps him up, but Cromarti is still better then Rogers. I think a young DB with a lot of talent and potential could give us comperable production (to Rogers) at a lesser price. I think Phillip Buchanon could give us comperable production at a lesser price. Possibly more INT's in both instances.

My point is that Carlos doesn't shut down ANYONE, because QB's aren't afraid to test him, and he's not good enough to always defend the pass.

I can agree with that statement... if he always defended the pass he would be a shutdown corner.... something I did not say he was.

I think we are starting to split hairs on this thing... but something tells me that if he had made a lot of those ints instead of dropping them people would be singing a different tune. Still, I'm not saying we should keep him, because I think his attitude would hurt the team in the long run.

Will we attempt to resign Buchanon?

Given how often we play nickel, we'll have to add a free agent. Ideally, we'll have 3 starting-caliber corners, with Barnes included in that trio. Frankly, I see Barnes filling the role that Rogers was supposed to do, moving inside and covering the slot and being used as a blitzer, getting him closer to the line of scrimmage to utilize his size and tackling ability. Meanwhile, keeping someone like Buchanon closer to the sideline where his speed and agility and lack of size are best suited.

And Atogwe's veteran presence should help everyone

Given how often we play nickel, we'll have to add a free agent. Ideally, we'll have 3 starting-caliber corners, with Barnes included in that trio. Frankly, I see Barnes filling the role that Rogers was supposed to do, moving inside and covering the slot and being used as a blitzer, getting him closer to the line of scrimmage to utilize his size and tackling ability. Meanwhile, keeping someone like Buchanon closer to the sideline where his speed and agility and lack of size are best suited.

And Atogwe's veteran presence should help everyone

In whatever position Buchanon would play, already having a year in this scheme would be a big help. Familiarity breeds opportunity.

Sure Rogers can't catch the ball but he is still a good cornerback. I'll take a CB that can keep up with the WR and knock the ball away(or drop the int) on my team whenever I can get one.

So why would you choose a money-obssessed one with a poor attitude, who is also a poor teammate and is 30, and thinks he's worth more than he is, in reality?

So why would you choose a money-obssessed one with a poor attitude, who is also a poor teammate and is 30, and thinks he's worth more than he is, in reality?

Nothing wrong with wanting to get market value for yourself. I may have missed it but what has Rogers done to show he is a poor teammate(nothing stands out at the moment).

I'm not saying overpay the guy but if we can get him for a good price why not keep him?

We would have to over pay him to keep him. He isn't worth what we would even pay Buchanon in my eyes. I just don't get the infatuation that some have with Rogers. There is a young guy with a similer skill set and tangibles, that may actually be able to catch the ball as well, that just hasn't been discovered yet. I dont see Rogers as the "one of a kind"... or "one of a few" player that some people do. I think that he has been lucky to deflect some of the passes he has, and I think of many passes that have hit him in the hands/numbers that he should have caught. Those poor passes that he deflected or dropped, other DB's could have caught and been making a name for themselves in this league.

Rogers just dropped them, or deflected them and re-enforced his stigma of having hands like feet.

Nothing wrong with wanting to get market value for yourself. I may have missed it but what has Rogers done to show he is a poor teammate(nothing stands out at the moment).

I'm not saying overpay the guy but if we can get him for a good price why not keep him?

The trainers gave him the green light to play at some point last year, and he wouldn't, because he didn't want to put something bad on tape and hurt his market value, asege knew he was hitting FA. He outright said it.

That is a PISS-POOR teammate, and there's no other way to spin it.

The trainers gave him the green light to play at some point last year, and he wouldn't, because he didn't want to put something bad on tape and hurt his market value, asege knew he was hitting FA. He outright said it.

That is a PISS-POOR teammate, and there's no other way to spin it.

i dont want him on the team. i am looking forward to kevin barnes.

LOS didnt want bad film on him. He wants a payday. Little does he realize, he probably hurt his own value I would think. Every GM knows his game inside out. Skins fan know too. Its arrogant and burns a bit of the bridge to fedex it seems.

I wouldnt mind Buchanan retained. He was effective and forced turnovers. Sure he is a sideline corner but he is aggressive going after the ball, always trying the strip etc. Good hands, and seems like a good tackler. He got burned a few times last year but overall I liked him better at RC than LOS. Why doesn't Carlos ever try to punch the ball out since he cant catch, anyways? When teams march up and down the field series after series the entire year on us and him, why not try for a punch. My favorite play, punch the ball out of the endzone as the guy is about to score.

Bring on Barnes to cover the slot guy with help over the top. Buchanan and Hall. Our problem is up front with NO pressure, not our DB's. Sure hope we get a NT otherwise our corner is going to have another long year.

We gotta try to re-sign Carlos. He is arguably our best cover corner.

It's not even worth arguing a post like this, because it's obvious that you haven't read any of the last few pages, or you hopefully would have responded to an opposing viewpoint, rather than posting a general opinion, that's already being debated, just to see yourself post.

It's not even worth arguing a post like this, because it's obvious that you haven't read any of the last few pages, or you hopefully would have responded to an opposing viewpoint, rather than posting a general opinion, that's already being debated, just to see yourself post.
Relax. When a thread exceeds 5 pages, I would instead give an general opinion much like Backpack3r did and then maybe respond to post within the last 2 pages.

Relax. When a thread exceeds 5 pages, I would instead give an general opinion much like Backpack3r did and then maybe respond to post within the last 2 pages.

Why? That's like walking into debate club, or something, and just absently commenting on your beliefs, to yourself, in the corner. This is a discussion forum. If your opinion has already been represented, then you should jump right into the discussion, or as the saying goes, "youre just talking to hear your own voice".

Just my opinion of course, and I might have come off a little harsh.

The general rule of the forum, I think, is that you read the first page or two and the last page and then you can reply. If the last page is full of "you shoulda read all the pages", well, it's kinda hard to get the gist of the thread, ain't it?

And the gist of this thread will now become...

los.png

It's defense. You get paid to knock the ball to the ground. Heck, remember his last almost INT? He fumbled it. Let's keep them headed to the turf.

Look, is he a good 3rd? Yes. Wait for him not to get the payout he thinks he's getting, then overpay him, and at worst you've got your third corner. Perfect.

Rogers and hall is obviously not a good enough tandem. But hall makes plays, and Los can't. And we all have seen Los get burnt pretty bad. I don't remember one play when I was like nice job Carlos. Guys got a major attitude problem, keep him away.

Imagine if he would of caught that pass in 05 playoffs for the win, total different ball game

Archived