Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Carlos Rogers???

mistahsmif

Does anyone else think we should keep Carlos Rogers or has he made up his mind and will not resign regardless of what we offer? With a decent pass rush, we can have the best DB's in the league. Carlos as the lock down cover guy, D. Hall as the playmaker, Laron and OJ playing Safety... Sounds good to me. Thoughts?????

No thank you.

Never rated him as a first round talent, and that's aside from his hands. He's a good corner on his day, but FAR from a great one. I'd rather go in another direction with a corner that both wants to be here, and one who doesn't have the same over inflated opinion of himself without a consistent body of work to back it up.

Hail.

I'd like to see them at least attempt to keep him. If it gets outrageous monetarily speaking, then yes its time to part ways. I'd like to keep Santana myself. He brings it every Sunday, and is a good lockeroom guy. I do think his days as a #1 for us are over. The slot is where he should be with an FA on the outside (Holmes/Rice, ect)....But you talk about "true redskins" and I think he is one.

I think the team makes an offer, be he will definately test the waters since he thinks he can get big time money. If he gets it great, I just hope not from the Skins.Also with some of his comments in the offseason, I have soured on him substantially.

I would take him back, but I would not pay him a ton of coin just to be average.

Id rather pay Barnes to give us comperable cover skills, and maybe just maybe catch more INT's the Carlos "Hands like feet" Rogers. I also think Phillip Buchanon would give us comperable production at the DB spot.

Id rather pay Barnes to give us comperable cover skills, and maybe just maybe catch more INT's the Carlos "Hands like feet" Rogers.

Barnes is someone I really hope get's his chance to shine this year.

Local boy who's waited patiently in the wings the last two years after being taken in the third round; and who certainly didn't look out of place the back end of last season when called upon. Really pulling for this kid.

Hail.

Id rather pay Barnes to give us comperable cover skills, and maybe just maybe catch more INT's the Carlos "Hands like feet" Rogers. I also think Phillip Buchanon would give us comperable production at the DB spot.

We have a nice young crop of DBs coming up. Don't need a distraction like 'Los

I'm always shocked at how many people think rogers is a bad corner. He can't catch the ball, but that's not his job. His job is to prevent the WR from catching the ball, and he does a damn fine job of that. Sure, he has his slips ups and mistakes; every player does.

I talk to people and they would rather have 2 halls than 2 rogers, and I just don't get it. Players like hall make flashy plays, but they get burned too often trying to make that play. I'd rather our CB's keep the WR's from catching the ball, and let the rest of the defense focus on doing their job as well. Turnovers are important, but I think play solid, fundamental football trumps that.

My only fear is that he's going to demand more money than he's worth. I'd rather them keep him, but only if the price is right.

I'm always shocked at how many people think rogers is a bad corner. He can't catch the ball, but that's not his job. His job is to prevent the WR from catching the ball, and he does a damn fine job of that. Sure, he has his slips ups and mistakes; every player does.

I talk to people and they would rather have 2 halls than 2 rogers, and I just don't get it. Players like hall make flashy plays, but they get burned too often trying to make that play. I'd rather our CB's keep the WR's from catching the ball, and let the rest of the defense focus on doing their job as well. Turnovers are important, but I think play solid, fundamental football trumps that.

My only fear is that he's going to demand more money than he's worth. I'd rather them keep him, but only if the price is right.

I agree with this. I think 1 Rogers and 1 D.Hall are a perfecrt mix. I don't have the confidence in Barnes that everyone else does either. I think we need to reward our own players instead of someone elses.....

Any DB worth his salt catches that INT in the Dallas game. Los make a perfect play on the ball, timed his jump perfectly, and whiffed on the INT at the end of the game, almost costing us that game.

Id rather him go find another team to pay him what HE thinks he is worth. I think he is overrated, and he cant catch.

This.

And the fact that he didn't want to hurt himself, he had a loser mentality about the home crowd, and he whines. He's cost this team games (and possibly a Super Bowl) and his sense of entitlement rivals a Deion Sanders without the accolade or the talent.

Thankfully his personallity pales in comparison.

if he's reasonable, yes.

Carlos is a good cover corner with stone hands. But the fact is his man doesn't make the plays very often. he's good at what he does.

Losing him creates a hole that I don't think Barnes or Buchanan can fill. Losing Carlos necessitates fidning another corner.

~Bang

And that would be where I totally disagree with you.

Forget his hands, or lack there of. There WAY beyond being a joke now. I've never seen this assertion that 'Los is a real good shut down corner. Sure, on his day, he'll do a darn fine job of that. In the past he's raised his game for the bigger opponent and shut down the likes of TO, Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson. But through his career, there's many more instances of him playing the receiver soft and getting owned by a lot of lesser names. Now some of that's schematic, in terms of the initial advantage our DC's have given opponents by playing our DB's off, but even at that he's been owned way too many times to be considered little more than a good but inconsistent player IMHO. Certainly not the first round talent he seems to class himself as being.

Hail.

We have a nice young crop of DBs coming up. Don't need a distraction like 'Los

I agree :cheers: I also think his attitude would "poison the well" and possibly rub off on the younger guys.

Do we still have Macho Harris on the roster? I think we can rebuild him into a good corner/safety, just my opinion though.

Haslet had him covering the slot receiver this past year. Before Haslet, Mr 4-3 running our pathetic 3-4, none of Carlos's DC ever had him in man coverage. Why in the world has he been been playing the leagues softest cover 2 year after year, if he is such a great cover corner? he has size, he is good against the run. So why was he never at the LOS in man, press man, tight man, in a shutdown role?? This is about more than his stone hands.

Archived