Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ruh Roh...Mod Instigated Member Massacre Potentially Pending

Jumbo

I had this idea again after posting this in the Random Thought thread:

I didn't think it was possible...but as I see more and more pedantic partisan-type posters come out of the inter-tubz woodwork to fester in the socio-political threads, I think those discussions are becoming more and more frustratingly dense and, of course, often stupid. But then that does seem to be an appropriate reflection of the national scene.

I am so not enamored of the over-population of repetitive reflexive dense-to-outright-stupid pathetic pedantic political posters clogging conversations with cogntively crippled crap (that was for you Spiro :D) that I am considering simply putting such folks on Read Only for a week as I wander among the debris strewn across the tailgate landscape. :evilg:

Evaluations would be solely based on my professional and personal qualifications to make such judgments :D or similar judgments made by any of my mod brothers for ANY reason they saw fit. ;)

My advice---don't assume that being stupid (or any of the other castigations above) is safe and keep in mind that there's at least a 70% chance (since those castigations fit roughly 70% of you posting in those threads) that you're not aware what stupid (or any of the other castigations above) looks like to someone who isn't as stupid (or any of the other castigations above) as you. :cool:

Maybe I'd even keep a public record in this thread of who makes the gag list. How's that for a "freedom of speech" limitation? :ols:

I had this idea again after posting this in the Random Thought thread:

I am so not enamored of the over-population of repetitive reflexive dense-to-outright-stupid pathetic pedantic political posters clogging conversations with cogntively crippled crap (that was for you Spiro :D)

I read this in a daffy duck voice

This is going to be a fun few days :D.

The public record is probably a good idea, actually. It would give people a sense of what you're looking for when you're wielding the banhammer. (Okay, okay, the readonlyhammer. That really doesn't sound nearly as good, though.)

The public record is probably a good idea, actually. It would give people a sense of what you're looking for when you're wielding the banhammer. (Okay, okay, the readonlyhammer. That really doesn't sound nearly as good, though.)

I know it should be a ban. That's how many (but not all) of the past & current mod squad has done such things throughout ES history. But you know me. Mr. Mellow. Sergeant Softy. The Mild Mod. Maybe I'll have a piss-poor night's sleep and wake up all cranky and ornery and go mit da ban! And maybe I'll make it a month! Yeah! A Month! That's the ticket!

Boy, if we've reached this point a year before the real campaigning gets started what will happen then. I remember every election year, I seriously consider quitting ES cause I can't stand the level of ____________ that suffocates this place.

Archived