Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 FA/LOCKOUT/UDFA Tweets from TK, Jsteelz, LL56 and others **MOSS/COFIELD/STALLWORTH/WILSON/BOWEN/CHESTER & OTHERS AGREES TO DEALSl + JARMON TRADED TO DEN FOR GAFFNEY/MCNABB TRADED TO MINNY/HAYNESWORTH TRADED TO NE + RABACH/PD93/KEMO & OTH

c4man5282

Bills Lee Evans on trading block...

Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reports the Bills have a crowd at the receiver position after the acquisition of Brad Smith. The former Jet joins Lee Evans, Steve Johnson and Robert Parrish, so don’t be surprised if the Bills part ways with Evans. The veteran had a down year in 2010 with only 37 catches, and he could have some trade value. Interesting parties have been sniffing around.

---------- Post added August-7th-2011 at 01:34 PM ----------

I'd like a Lee Evans trade and signing

If Otogwe goes down, I'm not convinced that we have a guy who can really cover at the FS position. Thoughts?

Barnes got some time there last season. Not sure what the coaches are thinking but from the outside I would use him as a CB but give him some FS reps too just in case.

I think we have enough at WR for now re: Evans.

As far as FS I think Moore is our only legitimate option there. Doughty "can" play it but he isn't athletic enough. Gomes may be able to with time but I wouldn't be comfortable with him back there as a rookie unless he has a big preseason.

Hopefully Moore is fully recovered and his playing time last season has better prepared him for spot duty. I would like to believe his horrible play last season was at least partially due to lingering knee injuries but only the coaches know that for sure.

Bills Lee Evans on trading block...

---------- Post added August-7th-2011 at 01:34 PM ----------

I'd like a Lee Evans trade and signing

I swear there was interest in trading for Evans last year but I think we made our trade for a guy like that with Gaffney.

Good find Chump.

He's only 28. I think it would be a good move personally, but understand your POV too.

Maybe 2 years ago. This year he turned 30 in March.

The guy's production has progressively gone down (though part of that can definitely be blames on the QB situation in Buffalo) and I just don't think there's anything he can do that one of the guys we have now can't. IMO, he's on the downside of his career and brings nothing new to the table.

Signing another older vet would deter our youth movement. We have Moss who had a career season last year, and we have Gaffney who was about 200 yards from 1,000 last season and who's numbers have been getting better.

I'd rather see Moss, Gaffney, and AA start, but as the season wears on split time with our younger guys (Hankerson, Paul, and maybe Robinson or Austin or another young guy).

Dan Pompei of the National Football Post reports the Bills have a crowd at the receiver position after the acquisition of Brad Smith. The former Jet joins Lee Evans, Steve Johnson and Robert Parrish, so don’t be surprised if the Bills part ways with Evans. The veteran had a down year in 2010 with only 37 catches, and he could have some trade value. Interesting parties have been sniffing around.

Robert Parrish?! Wrong sport, chief.

(He means Roscoe Parrish)

i think stevie johnson is a big reason they're willing to let him go, although if he keeps pulling a bit from The Onion and blaming God for dropped balls they might need another WR.

(they were 24th in passing yards i thought they were a little better, but i guess they had some miserable games)

H.B Blades has been released

Added a few minutes later...

-more bitter cause he had some other offers he was looking at and instead came back...didnt last long. i understand his side

I think these from Jsteelz are about Hayden...

-word is right now raiders are the front runners, so we will see, we can always snatch him away, he thinking 3 offers

-Raiders and Bears in that one also..again 3 offers, Skins wont over pay anymore, so we really got 2 wait in see

-until we hear from their agents

-more bitter cause he had some other offers he was looking at and instead came back...didnt last long. i understand his side

I like Blades and feel he will be able to find a job pretty easy. No off the field issues and a hard worker. He's a good LB

i agree with you, but i'm pretty sure they told him that he was going to have to compete to play and obviously he wasn't up to what they thought he should be. i mean he's almost a veteran if he's not already one, i think he's been here for 3 or 4 years now. maybe he just couldn't get the 3-4.

Thanks. Just found it on the Red Zone. Mike likes his WR's so I guess it's not out of the relm :)

I don't want him simply because we'd have to trade for him.

I'm fine with keeping all our draft picks and developing our own guys we have now. Lee Evans isn't that great.

I agree and more of his value, besides solid B/U, was ST.
i agree with you, but i'm pretty sure they told him that he was going to have to compete to play and obviously he wasn't up to what they thought he should be. i mean he's almost a veteran if he's not already one, i think he's been here for 3 or 4 years now. maybe he just couldn't get the 3-4.

He's not cut just yet. He say's "the writings on the wall"

Archived