Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 FA/LOCKOUT/UDFA Tweets from TK, Jsteelz, LL56 and others **MOSS/COFIELD/STALLWORTH/WILSON/BOWEN/CHESTER & OTHERS AGREES TO DEALSl + JARMON TRADED TO DEN FOR GAFFNEY/MCNABB TRADED TO MINNY/HAYNESWORTH TRADED TO NE + RABACH/PD93/KEMO & OTH

c4man5282

If Malcolm Kelly is released (I think he will be) then just 3 years after selecting 10 players in the NFL draft the only thing we would have to show for it is a backup TE

This might be a hard year for us to get through but I really don't think it gets much worse then this.

Sometimes it helps to remind ourselves that it can always be worse.

We have come so far ahead in such a short time it's pretty remarkable to me. :helmet:

okay IF Malcolm Kelly is released ... big if. don't throw dirt on him yet.

Fred is a ilttle more than just a back up, sure that is his current situation, but you know he is behind one of the better TE's in the league.

but, i get it, it was bad, no sugar coating it.

From @profootballtalk: Cap room snapshot, as of Thursday wp.me/p14QSB-BLN

The Cowgirls have 24 hours to get under the cap, this should be interesting to watch. They are 6.67 mil over.

:ols: Love seeing the Girls in cap hell after all their fans clamouring that we were in cap hell. I have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when I think about it. :silly:

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 03:10 PM ----------

from the sounds of it... LL56's is gambling in Atlantic City lol

:ols: Must be nice. ;)

off subject... and I am not saying I am for, or against this.... But i was reading this on another site. I sure hope our FO is on the line with Oakland seeing what they would give us for Cooley since they lost Z. Miller. Oakland is just the team to offer us a few 2nd rounders for CC. He'd be back with Campbell, Cartwright, Heyer (lol), and the whole gang. They could use a pass catcher off the line with their revamped o-line

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

The fact is we give up like nothing for Mays. He's a young guy who has plenty of time to learn. Plus can you imagine if he pans out and we end up with two Landrys? Amazing.

We offer up one of the 6th we got for Dmac, and essentially its like we got our second rounder back for Dmac

Redskins ($ 11,450,000) in cap space, FYI

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

Mays perfect fit for Zimmer in Cincinatti. See him as a kind of poor mans Roy Williams.

Wouldn´t count out Dallas either, they could use a safety and Jerrah like these kind of players.

Dallas has no cap space

off subject... and I am not saying I am for, or against this.... But i was reading this on another site. I sure hope our FO is on the line with Oakland seeing what they would give us for Cooley since they lost Z. Miller. Oakland is just the team to offer us a few 2nd rounders for CC. He'd be back with Campbell, Cartwright, Heyer (lol), and the whole gang. They could use a pass catcher off the line with their revamped o-line

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

We offer up one of the 6th we got for Dmac, and essentially its like we got our second rounder back for Dmac

Exactly. 49ers will take anything. We get a fresh young safety to mold with our pro bowl caliber safeties wisedom and experience. If he doesn't work out so be it but its not everyday you get a potential Landry. Sometimes a player needs to go somewhere else. D Hall got out of Oakland and has been great here. Perhaps DC is a great place for Mays to rebound.

Was Mays playing FS in San Francisco? He's not half the player Landry is, but I'm thinking Mays is practically a LB with poor coverage skills that's an extremely poor fit at FS for the same reasons Landry was (again, he's not even in the same league as Landry). If our FO saw it as worth it to give them a 7th rounder and bring him in to try him as a SS in certain packages or tell him add weight and play LB like Thomas Davis did out of college that would be ok with me.

Exactly. 49ers will take anything. We get a fresh young safety to mold with our pro bowl caliber safeties wisedom and experience. If he doesn't work out so be it but its not everyday you get a potential Landry. Sometimes a player needs to go somewhere else. D Hall got out of Oakland and has been great here. Perhaps DC is a great place for Mays to rebound.

This isn't a situation where a player is in a bad situation. T Mays is a safety with Sean Taylor athleticism who cannot play football.

What would Vinny Cerrato do? I envision something like a 4th round pick being offered.

"Any time you can get a 2nd round player for a 4th round pick, that's a move you have to make."

I'm confused. Are you talking about Mays? The 49ers are willing to take anything. we could send a conditional pick at this point. Throw them a 6th or 7th conditional and take Mays. We shouldn't trade anything higher than 5th unless we're getting a good player. Mays could be a good player with some guidance from our safeties. If Mays is willing to learn Landry and Atogwe have shown they are willing to teach our players.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 04:31 PM ----------

This isn't a situation where a player is in a bad situation. T Mays is a safety with Sean Taylor athleticism who cannot play football.

There was another safety(first round) a few years ago who people were ready to trade because they saw him a waste of talent and a hard head. That player went on to have one of the best season of his career next season and would have been in the Pro Bowl had he not gotten injuried

I've been against trading Cooley ever since people brought up the idea a year or two back (although not as vehemently opposed as some) but if old man Davis has his eyes set on him he might legitimately be willing to part with a 1st or two 2nds or something. We just couldn't pass that up.

And for the record, I would not at all be opposed to giving up something like a 6th or 5th for Taylor Mays if it could be done. He's only 23 so we could let him sit behind Atogwe for as long as Atogwe is still playing at a high level, and not have to worry about replacing him a few years down the road.

I've been against trading Cooley ever since people brought up the idea a year or two back (although not as vehemently opposed as some) but if old man Davis has his eyes set on him he might legitimately be willing to part with a 1st or two 2nds or something. We just couldn't pass that up.

And for the record, I would not at all be opposed to giving up something like a 6th or 5th for Taylor Mays if it could be done. He's only 23 so we could let him sit behind Atogwe for as long as Atogwe is still playing at a high level, and not have to worry about replacing him a few years down the road.

your heads in the right place, but Mays is strictly a SS, mainly because his issues lie with terrible coverage skills. He needs Landry to show him the ropes of SS

Mays perfect fit for Zimmer in Cincinatti. See him as a kind of poor mans Roy Williams.

Wouldn´t count out Dallas either, they could use a safety and Jerrah like these kind of players.

The Bengals just signed Donte Whitner.

As for Mays he is a SS who is good in the box but struggles in coverage. That type of safety is finding it hard to play in todays NFL.

your heads in the right place, but Mays is strictly a SS, mainly because his issues lie with terrible coverage skills. He needs Landry to show him the ropes of SS

Ohhh that's right--I was still thinking of USC days when he played free safety, forgot that Carrol moved him closer to the line his senior season and he was projected as an NFL SS.

But hey if Haslett sees any potential for him to develop into an NFL FS I'd still say go for it, otherwise nevermind. But he was often compared to Sean Taylor when he was in college, just sayin.

Funny thing is Atogwe could mentor Landry and Mays to point. Atogwe could give Landry pointers on the FS position if he has to play FS again say if a injury happens(you hope it doesn't but things happen.) Atogwe could also share wisdom with Mays about safety position in general. Landry could give Mays wisdom about the SS position. In the end everyone learns something. Well minus Atogwe LOL.

Perhaps Fletcher could even give Mays advice about using his size.

Funny thing is Atogwe could mentor Landry and Mays to point. Atogwe could give Landry pointers on the FS position if he has to play FS again say if a injury happens(you hope it doesn't but things happen.) Atogwe could also share wisdom with Mays about safety position in general. Landry could give Mays wisdom about the SS position. In the end everyone learns something. Well minus Atogwe LOL.

Perhaps Fletcher could even give Mays advice about using his size.

and to think, all of this could happen, if we would just bring his ass in!

I'm confused. Are you talking about Mays?

Yup.

The 49ers are willing to take anything. we could send a conditional pick at this point.

Exactly ;)

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 02:19 PM ----------

Jerricho Cotchery released by the Jets. A tough veteran and good route runner, he seems right up in Shanahan's alley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Yup.

Exactly ;)

If Mays is released and we pick him up on the cheap, if the fella has hand we can make him a WR/TE. He has speed.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 09:20 PM ----------

Yup.

Exactly ;)

If Mays is released and we pick him up on the cheap, if the fella has hands we can make him a WR/TE. He has speed.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 09:20 PM ----------

Yup.

Exactly ;)

If Mays is released and we pick him up on the cheap, if the fella has hands we can make him a WR/TE. He has speed.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

Yup.

Exactly ;)

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 09:22 PM ----------

Yup.

Exactly ;)

Archived