Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 FA/LOCKOUT/UDFA Tweets from TK, Jsteelz, LL56 and others **MOSS/COFIELD/STALLWORTH/WILSON/BOWEN/CHESTER & OTHERS AGREES TO DEALSl + JARMON TRADED TO DEN FOR GAFFNEY/MCNABB TRADED TO MINNY/HAYNESWORTH TRADED TO NE + RABACH/PD93/KEMO & OTH

c4man5282

Nobody is crying first off, either way we go their is a reason why you or me is not the GM of this team. Your right, all the young guys wouldn't have playing time if Braylon would of came here, it's a good thing we signed Stokley (who turned it down) and Donte S. Just saying, would of liked Moss and Braylon instead of them two so are young WR could develop. I like everyone else just wants to watch our Skins on Sunday morning and play with heart and leave everything on the field. Not like some of the past guys who were all about me me me. It's not about going after the big names ....it's about going after the "RIGHT" big names that we havent done since Fletcher. I have know doubt this year will change after the players the front office brought in.

I'm not following your logic at all man. "The right big names"? First of all it's impossible to gauge such a thing and plus if we only win 4 games next season that doesn't mean that we screwed up during the offseason, that means that we're a rebuilding team with very young/semi-young components coming together. A player like Atogwe by your logic should be viewed as the "right" well known name free agent we've acquired. You can't say that its not about the big names then try and pass it off by calling it the "right" big name players instead that are needed. The real truth of the matter is that before the draft/lockout officially ended we needed the right "players" to play for this team instead of the right big name players like you stated.

I'm just wondering why we gave so much money to average players such as Cofield ($36 millions) and Bowen ($27.5 millions) ?

because they are, according to those who have seen them, better than average.

i know its wacky when we sign players who arent the sexy, 'name' players. but, maybe it will work this way, instead.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/02/26/ranking-the-free-agents-defensive-tackles-and-3-4-ends/

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/18/secret-superstar-stephen-bowen-dallas-cowboys/

Well so much for Lofa

The Redskins have dropped out of the bidding for free agent LB Lofa Tatupu.

The Skins had him in for a visit Thursday, but the Washington Times reports that the re-signing of Rocky McIntosh "precludes" a deal with Tatupu. Tatupu has drawn minimal interest elsewhere and will likely have to settle for a minimum deal.

Related: Redskins

Source: Washington Times

Well so much for Lofa

The Skins had him in for a visit Thursday, but the Washington Times reports that the re-signing of Rocky McIntosh "precludes" a deal with Tatupu. Tatupu has drawn minimal interest elsewhere and will likely have to settle for a minimum deal.

Dislike !!!

Who is going to be there other than Pryor?

I'm not sure whether Skins would take a shot at Pryor or not. However, if they think that the QB spot will be a complete disaster they may look at some QB who possibly miss getting picked for a possible injury or maybe they needed a slight attitude change. I'm not saying I think they will but if they believe Grossman or Beck couldn't carry the load they might consider it.

Well so much for Lofa

Not buying it.

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@ES_Oldskool lmao i knew what u mean.. good for depth though something we need.. closing in on Lofu.. we'll see

Do remember that JS wrote we were "closing on him" earlier in the day and has said nothing about it since. He also said "We'll see" to follow. I will be bummed when Lofa signs elsewhere but until then I wont be bent out of shape.

If we don't get Lofa, I'd spend the bread on a OLB or FS. With Locklear, we have the OL depth that we need. Aside from QB, I think we have reasonable depth at all other positions. I'm liking what I hear about R. Jackson and M. White...and there's always L. Alexander. Still, I'd feel better if we had a proven guy like Matt Roth behind Orakpo and Kerrigan. If Otogwe goes down, I'm not convinced that we have a guy who can really cover at the FS position. Thoughts?

is there a link to this washington times report guys.. kinda be relaxing on a friday night and saw this when i came back .. anyone care 2 give me a good run down on whats being said ? some saying Rocky is the reason.. But as u heard Shanny was not Pumped about it , was happy about Reed and Golston but was ughh on Rocky ? gimme a shout here guys

TheTLaz Todd Lazarchick

@Jsteelzout2dome any truth to the Times report we dropped out of the Lofu talks?

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@TheTLaz why because of Rocky ? everyone heard how pumped shanny was bout it ? not much..we'll see they was having talks, gotta wait n see what goes on

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@TheTLaz again though price has 2 be right but rocky has nothing 2 do with it

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@TheTLaz 2 me that makes no sense..Shanny said "yet" yesterday after rocky was already back with skins.. dont sleep on Seattle thou,

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@TheTLaz if we dont give more then League Min..he would prob go back to Seattle..imma check it out though

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@Dro_08 yeah Wilson been talking to him, lots of players..i took a break and got this lmao..again imma check

Jsteelzout2dome Jsteelz

@Dro_08 agreed i really like Hayden also..more then LOFO as i call him natural 4-3 backer..Chi, Was, Sea, Oak still teams in running for Lof

If we don't get Lofa, I'd spend the bread on a OLB or FS. With Locklear, we have the OL depth that we need. Aside from QB, I think we have reasonable depth at all other positions. I'm liking what I hear about R. Jackson and M. White...and there's always L. Alexander. Still, I'd feel better if we had a proven guy like Matt Roth behind Orakpo and Kerrigan. If Otogwe goes down, I'm not convinced that we have a guy who can really cover at the FS position. Thoughts?

I'm not as worried about OLB depth. Lorenzo, Rob jackson, and Markus White (his name keeps popping up as a positive in camp reports) can all backup those spots.

I'm still worried about the o-line. I really liked the Locklear signing and think we addressed the tackle position, but i still think we're thin at guard. Kory and Chester are the starters but who's the backup? Montgomery is playing center now so I just don't see the depth along the interior of the o-line. Am I missing someone? I guess Hicks, but he was unimpressive last year and by most accounts looks just as bad this training camp. A versatile backup interior lineman is a major need IMO.

Archived