Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miss USA contestants asked about evolution

DeaconTheVillain

Everyone remembers Miss Teen USA and everywhere like such as

one of the top youtube comments:

Dear Americans, do you realise how insane you look?

From an outside perspective the idea of having a science class, that doesn't cover evolution is just... absurd. It's like finding out that Canadian math teachers won't teach division in school, because the bible only says to "go forth and multiply".

Seriously, that's how insane you look.

Yes, I realize asking pretty girls controversial questions is done with the attention of getting people all wild up....oh wait. This really isn't that controversial anymore.

Well, unlike Miss New Mexico, I evolved these boobs all by myself!

Actually, I think most of these girls have a point. we should also teach that 2+2 = frog, and C-A-T spells 19.

Let the kids decide for themselves what is real.

~Bang

As a Christian, :doh: to anyone who still refuses to even consider the wealth of scientific research on the subject of genetics and fossils.

I for one accept evolution as a fact scientifically proven. Who am I to spit in the face of God's Creation? The theory of evolution actually fits into the Genesis account fairly well. Literal creationists just don't understand the Bible at all either. I really wish that more Christians would embrace science like St. Augustine did. St. Augustine would certainly accept the theory of evolution, or at least the science to even begin with. I am not so convinced that the evidence is very clear on human origin, or on the origin of life itself, but even creationists seem to paradoxically accept the concept of cave men. Neanderthals and Cro Magnons seem to indicate that human history goes back farther than just 5000 years or whatever it is that creationists claim.

As a Christian, :doh: to anyone who still refuses to even consider the wealth of scientific research on the subject of genetics and fossils.

I for one accept evolution as a fact scientifically proven. Who am I to spit in the face of God's Creation? The theory of evolution actually fits into the Genesis account fairly well. Literal creationists just don't understand the Bible at all either. I really wish that more Christians would embrace science like St. Augustine did. St. Augustine would certainly accept the theory of evolution, or at least the science to even begin with. I am not so convinced that the evidence is very clear on human origin, or on the origin of life itself, but even creationists seem to paradoxically accept the concept of cave men. Neanderthals and Cro Magnons seem to indicate that human history goes back farther than just 5000 years or whatever it is that creationists claim.

Solid post

Well, unlike Miss New Mexico, I evolved these boobs all by myself!

Actually, I think most of these girls have a point. we should also teach that 2+2 = frog, and C-A-T spells 19.

Let the kids decide for themselves what is real.

~Bang

No offense but CAT spells 24....

You're both right. "Transitive property of 19 and 24." Duh.

Why on earth are they asking them this question? This is like putting them on the spot about abortion. There is no answer that they can give that generates a entirely positive result. Yes. Yes, but. No. No, but. I don't know. All generate anger in some circles. This is a gotcha question that frankly has no value in the title of Miss USA that they seek.

Having said that evolution should be taught in SCIENCE CLASS and it's not an opinion. It's the current scientific explanation for life on this planet.

I also think religion should be taught in schools and that religion should be a class taken throughout schooling. Understanding the role religion plays in the world is essential to understanding the world and history properly. Creationism can be taught there if they like along side other religious views of how we got to where we are.

Maybe NOW you guys finally understand the Predicto Principle (sometimes called the Natalie Portman principle):

Hot nerd chicks rule over all.

If she wasn't famous she wouldn't even stick out of a crowd.... maybe a nerd crowd but not the kind of crowd I have in mind.

I also think religion should be taught in schools and that religion should be a class taken throughout schooling. Understanding the role religion plays in the world is essential to understanding the world and history properly. Creationism can be taught there if they like along side other religious views of how we got to where we are.

But wouldn't that just expose children to other viewpoints of the world making their parents have to give reasons to their kids why the parents religion is better than any other? Might as well talk about gay rights while we're at it in your conservoliberal PUBLIC school...

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite NPR stories. Sadly, I was not the one to do it.

The report was covering the fading popularity of regional beauty contests and they picked a very small town in Nevada that still touted one and bragged about its importance. The managers of the contest said how it was very important for the women as it inspired confidence, grace, scholarship and celebrated the whole of the woman. They insisted that their contest was not just about skin deep beauty, but the whole acumen.

Cutaway to the question phase and the eventual winner's answer.

The question they asked these contestants is a great one. If you could talk to anyone living or dead who would you choose and why?

The winner's answer--

"Well, if I had to choose someone it would be Thomas Alva Edison because Edison invented the telephone and I would just die without a telephone!!!"

---------- Post added July-1st-2011 at 04:57 PM ----------

As for evolution, it's impossible. If evolution were real how do you explain Iggles fans?

But wouldn't that just expose children to other viewpoints of the world making their parents have to give reasons to their kids why the parents religion is better than any other? Might as well talk about gay rights while we're at it in your conservoliberal PUBLIC school...

Parents need to have most of their influence over the school system stripped away.

The question they asked these contestants is a great one. If you could talk to anyone living or dead who would you choose and why?

The winner's answer--

"Well, if I had to choose someone it would be Thomas Alva Edison because Edison invented the telephone and I would just die without a telephone!!!

Alexander Graham Bell would be very interested in hearing that. The light bulb will come on eventually.

Archived