Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are illegal immigrants the problem, or the employers that hire them?

gortiz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just curious ... I know this question is a complex one and trying to strip it down to this level is tough, but are the illegal immigrants to blame, or the employees that hire them for the cheap labor.

Is it as simple as saying ... If U.S. employers stopped hiring illegal immigrant workers, would illegal immigration cease to be a "problem" for the U.S?

speaking of which, I drove up to the Home Depot the other morning and 12 illegal immigrants rushed over to my truck inquiring about trabajo. I'm not a contractor, I just drive a big truck so I had to politely shoo them away.

Guess times are tough for illegals as well.

IMHO, Both are at fault as well as the Federal Government for turning a blind eye at the quasi Indentured Servitude thats been going on for decades.

As much as I'm no fan of Unions it would be funny as heck if the illegals are unionized and get the same benefits and fair wages the employers are avoiding paying grandfathered in.

It takes 2 to tango. Both sides have to break the law in order for illegal immigrants to have jobs. You cant really blame companies for hiring the cheapest labor they can find, and you can't really blame folks for going to where the work is. Of course, you CAN blame companies for hiring undocumented worker and you CAN blame people for border jumping. Both sides are equally at fault.

Both are at blame. Simply put the blame on the employer only is ridiculous. You people obviously have not dealt with Illegal immigrants like I have. Google illegal immigrants Hazleton. Probably 5% of illegal immigrants have jobs in Hazleton. The 95% get free money from the government, free housing, and sell drugs on a daily basis. Nobody ever questions how an illegal with no job, no social security #, no driver license seems to ride around town in a Cadillac Escalade. I hate illegal immigrants and wish the government will deport EVERYONE with no social security # no ifs/ands/buts.

Both, and more.

With the recent immigration law that was passed, farmers in Georgia are having an extraordinarily difficult time finding anyone they can hire to pick berries or do similar work that machines can't do. Unemployment is 9%. There's a pretty big disconnect there. Why aren't unemployed legal residents flocking to these newly open jobs?

We all benefit from and actively seek out cheaper construction, food, hotel, restaurant, etc., and we will be angry when those prices go up and will probably blame that on the fed govt. If you think you're above the problem and not a part of it, you're probably fooling yourself.

Both are at blame. Simply put the blame on the employer only is ridiculous. You people obviously have not dealt with Illegal immigrants like I have. Google illegal immigrants Hazleton. Probably 5% of illegal immigrants have jobs in Hazleton. The 95% get free money from the government, free housing, and sell drugs on a daily basis. Nobody ever questions how an illegal with no job, no social security #, no driver license seems to ride around town in a Cadillac Escalade. I hate illegal immigrants and wish the government will deport EVERYONE with no social security # no ifs/ands/buts.

Hey just what we need random anecdote. How do you know the guy driving in the Escalade has no license, social security number or is here illegally?

Also blame is on the employers in my opinion they are the ones who create the market and exploit the workers. All the immigrants are doing is following the work.

I think its both, but I think our country is going about reform all wrong ti begin with. I'd like to see immigration made much, much easier for all who wish to come here, thus removing the need to sneak in for those with good intentions, and allow a better focus on stopping those with the bad.

Neither. This is the most overhyped stereotyped issue there is out there now. I have no problem with anyone who comes here to work and improve his life. The blame game about immigrants stealing our jobs is bogus. As for employers, unless you want to see your grocery bill triple and pay $8 for a whopper, just deal with it.

Edit:agree w/SS's post above mine. If you want to come here to work,agree to speak English, then no problem...but no social safety net if you fail.

If an illegal immigrant is here and receives no public assistance, does not commit a crime (other than coming here illegally), and is able to find work then is it really a problem in the first place? Not saying that they don't receive public assistance or commit crimes, but for arguments sake assuming they don't is it really a problem?

I agree with others. Come here, work hard, speak english, kids work hard in school, and we continue to get cheap consumer goods. It is when gangs like MS13 get out of control and drugs take over certain areas that is a problem, but I have no problem with a family coming here to do honest labor and better their lives.

IMHO, Both are at fault as well as the Federal Government for turning a blind eye at the quasi Indentured Servitude thats been going on for decades.

QFT!

Illegals are to blame because they are committing a crime (that is why they are called ILLEGALS).

Employers are wrong for hiring illegals.

Federal and State governments are wrong for truning a blind eye to it just to gain a few votes.

Archived