Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Washington sports teams are you a fan of? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Skins and Caps. Wizards could leave town tonight and it wouldn't even get a yawn out of me. Can't stand baseball. The first two, however, I've been following since I was a kid and am definitely invested in.

---------- Post added June-16th-2011 at 06:22 PM ----------

Redskins first and foremost, Caps to a lesser extent. Beyond that I really don't give a **** about baseball or soccer and have a stronger rooting interest in the Bulls than the Wizards.

I don't root for or follow the Bulls but they're the reason I don't care about the Wizards. For me growing up basketball equaled Michael Jordan and he's basically the reason I watched bballl and I didn't really watch if he wasn't playing. Never even having been to Chicago, however, I never grew a real interest in the team after him and was pretty much left without an NBA team. I suppose I'd hop on the ride....maybe....if the Wizards ever became good (:ols:) but I will never truly be a fan of the team.

I was a Caps fan first before anything. Back in elementary school my then best friends dad had season tickets so they'd take me along for a couple of games. Then the US got a pro-soccer league and I immediately fell in love with DC United. Soccer is my #1 sport so it was only a natural fit. I didn't really become a Redskins fan until 2000 or so. As far as the Wizards go I hope they do well but in reality I can't stand the NBA and what it's become post Jordan era. The Natinals can go rot in hell for all I care. I have my personal reasons for the hatred against them that I won't get into. Besides, I've been a Red Sox fan since the mid 90's.

If I were to rank them though it'd go:

1. DC United

2. Caps

3. Redskins

I have a neat way to gauge your interest in a team. What percentage of the roster can you name? It that is the case

Redskins

Wizards

Nationals

Caps

United

Don't know anyone on United other than Najar, and that's only because of ren's sig. Other than that, know absolutely nothing about the guy or his rookie status or whatever or United

Redskins and only Redskins. Could less about the remaining DC Sports.

Redskins

Yankees

I went from Lakers - Bulls during Jordan's peak years and then back to Lakers

I rooted for my former home's local hockey and soccer: Blue Jackets and Crew.

Bandwagoning I see.

Vote for all that apply. By "fan," I mean if they won, you'd be zooming your way to the parade. I don't mean if they make the Finals, then you'd sort of tune in.

If I was still in the DC area I'd zoom to every parade. Seeing as I live in Seattle, the only team I'd fly home for would be the Skins.

Take this poll again when different teams are winning, it will be significantly different (Other than the 'Skins).

Right...everyone on the Caps bandwagon. If the Wizards won a championship or 2 in the 90s and was a playoff team every year then they would soar past the Caps. What also makes it bogus is people rarely play hockey, but in everyone local area there are 3-4 basketball courts. DC/VA/MD is not a hockey town.

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

I also voted...

Redskins - watch preseason and regular season games...all of em (kinda lose interest when they are out of the playoff race)

Caps - only watch the playoff games and regular season games vs. Pittsburgh

Wizards - try to watch all the games early in the season then when they start to suck I catch the 4th quarters and an occasional full game during mid-late season

Nationals - watch them when they play the Braves,on national tv, or in a good game during the 8th inning

United - I hate the MLS...I actually find myself cheering for South American soccer teams

Right...everyone on the Caps bandwagon. If the Wizards won a championship or 2 in the 90s and was a playoff team every year then they would soar past the Caps. What also makes it bogus is people rarely play hockey, but in everyone local area there are 3-4 basketball courts. DC/VA/MD is not a hockey town.

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 11:11 PM ----------

I also voted...

Redskins - watch preseason and regular season games...all of em (kinda lose interest when they are out of the playoff race)

Caps - only watch the playoff games and regular season games vs. Pittsburgh

Wizards - try to watch all the games early in the season then when they start to suck I catch the 4th quarters and an occasional full game during mid-late season

Nationals - watch them when they play the Braves,on national tv, or in a good game during the 8th inning

United - I hate the MLS...I actually find myself cheering for South American soccer teams

That is the same in every city even up in New England and the Midwest unless you are unaware that it's more expensive to build and maintain an ice arena than it is a simple basketball. court. Besides, people don't play hockey so they can't enjoy watching it? Where's the logic for that?

You might be right, but Washington isn't a basketball town either.

I worked for years at the Cap Center, the Caps always had better attendance than Les Boulez.

We aren't a hockey town or a basketball town.

But based on performance, the Caps trump the Bullets today and for the last 30 years.

The only thing the Wizards ever did to boost them over the Caps was to bring in Jordan. Stop fooling yourself. Other than that the only basketball games that got decent attendance was when big stars were in town.

Seriously what is this illusion that D.C. is some basketball town? It's never been a pro. basketball supertown. Certainly not post-1978 and even then the franchise had only been in D.C. a few years from Baltimore. The argument of "people on the streets play ball" is pointless, that is the same in every major city. The Yankees are still the most popular team in New York.

Seriously what is this illusion that D.C. is some basketball town? It's never been a pro. basketball supertown. Certainly not post-1978 and even then the franchise had only been in D.C. a few years from Baltimore. The argument of "people on the streets play ball" is pointless, that is the same in every major city. The Yankees are still the most popular team in New York.

Basketball ticket sales at the Cap Center were a joke.

Is DC United a WNBA team?
Yes, they won the championship in 2009.

That is just wrong :ols:

---------- Post added June-18th-2011 at 12:45 AM ----------

I think it has more to do with the product we turn out. We have a couple of football stars who are highly recruited, but for the most part basketball is king.

Archived