Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Washington sports teams are you a fan of? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Vote for all that apply. By "fan," I mean if they won, you'd be zooming your way to the parade. I don't mean if they make the Finals, then you'd sort of tune in.

What kind of criteria is this? I don't like parades, especially if I am not in the front.

Washington,DC is my city. If the team is based in the DC Metropolitan area, I am a fan.

The Redskins are the only ones I'm a true fan of.

I have soccer covered by my home town club Liverpool FC. I like hockey, but not to the extent I must watch. I find watching paint dry more thrilling than the bat and ball game. And basketball's just never grabbed me.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see ALL the DC teams do well in their respective sports, but the Redskins are the only one I can honestly say i'm a true fan of; ;with honorable mentions to the Caps and DC United.

Hail.

Redskins only.

I grew up an O's fan so I've stuck with them over the Nationals.

I have never been into hockey though I do have some marginal interest in the Caps come playoff time and I hope that they win. It just doesn't ruin my day (or even my hour) if they lose.

I consider the Wizards the home team and have a similar interest in them as the Caps. I just have never gotten into NBA basketball other than to enjoy watching the playoffs (league-wide). I'd be more excited if the Hoyas won the tournament than if the Wizards won the NBA championship.

No interest in soccer, but again, I'd be happy to read in the paper that the United won something.

Let's see ...There's the Redskins. The Redskins and the Redskins.

Oh yeah ... and the Redskins.

I think that's all of them.

Yep. I moved away from DC almost 30 years ago. The Skins are in my soul, but the rest of DC sports don't matter at all to me.

What, no Mystics?? Of course I voted Redskins, but I watch/go to Mystics games too. I'm a Yankees fan for BB.

The things you learn on here.

I honestly never knew there was a woman's National basketball team. Shows how much interest I have in that sport huh? But now I do, so TY LSF. :cheers:.

GO MYSTICS! Whenever or wherever it is you play. :silly:.

Hail.

I clicked on all five of them. Like MLSKINS said, if it's a Washington team, it's my team. Though in retrospect, I missed the "attend the parade" caveat...I probably wouldn't do that even if DC UNITED won, since I'm more into the Premier League. But for the other four teams, I'd be at the parade in a heartbeat.

As to the Mystics...well, I guess I support them though I don't like watching women's basketball. I expect that I'll wind up seeing more of them than I want to now that I have a daughter and want to show her that women can be successful pro athletes as well and all.

Redskins only.

I grew up an O's fan so I've stuck with them over the Nationals.

I have never been into hockey though I do have some marginal interest in the Caps come playoff time and I hope that they win. It just doesn't ruin my day (or even my hour) if they lose.

Well this about sums up my fanhood pretty well. Diehard Skins fan. Never been a diehard baseball fan, but I still keep track of how the O's are doing and will occasionally catch a game. Really couldn't care less about hockey, but being in Penguins territory I do tend to exaggerate my Caps fanhood occasionally just to mess with them, though it really doesn't affect me if they lose.

I clicked on all five of them. Like MLSKINS said, if it's a Washington team, it's my team. Though in retrospect, I missed the "attend the parade" caveat...I probably wouldn't do that even if DC UNITED won, since I'm more into the Premier League. But for the other four teams, I'd be at the parade in a heartbeat.

As to the Mystics...well, I guess I support them though I don't like watching women's basketball. I expect that I'll wind up seeing more of them than I want to now that I have a daughter and want to show her that women can be successful pro athletes as well and all.

Take your daughter to a game, they are fun! Lots of kids there and it's very kid friendly. You will have a blast! WNBA season has already begun (starts after men's basketball season ends). Tickets are reasonable compared to men's sports. And if you get a group together, you'll get a discount. And there are always tickets available so it's not something you have to schedule out for weeks, you can be spontaneous!

I love all Washington sports teams.

Im actually really excited about the future of the Nats. It looks like we are set up for success for years to come and mostly because of good drafting. Obviously time will tell, but with players like Storin and Espinosa to compliment future potential stars like Straussberg and Harper, and with ranother good draft this season, the Nats fans have a good bit to be excited about.

My hope is that the good moves eventually pay off for the Caps and we bring a Stanley Cup to Washington. I liked the move for Arnaut at the end of the trade deadline, and I hope he sticks around for anotherr season. We would go a long way if we found anotherr home for Semin.

I also hope that the Wiz make moves to bring talent to the area ( a name change is a good start, who wants to be a "wizard"?) Bringing John Wall to town was a good start, and stealing away Jordan Crawford from Atlanta was anotherr great move in that direction. Is there a way to move up and grab Derrick Williams in this draft?

My hope for the Redskins is that Dan Snyder takes a page out of Mark Cubans playbook and shrinks into his own shadow, letting the people he pays to make decisions, make those decisions. Only after that is accomplished, will we start winning again. Sad but true. :(

Its been good being a DC United fan since the beginning of the MLS. Too bad the league was and still is somewhat low in the quality of talent on teh pitch. As someone else said, Im more of a Champions League and La Liga and Bundisleaga kind of guy myself.

Archived