Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Washington sports teams are you a fan of? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Take your daughter to a game, they are fun! Lots of kids there and it's very kid friendly. You will have a blast! WNBA season has already begun (starts after men's basketball season ends). Tickets are reasonable compared to men's sports. And if you get a group together, you'll get a discount. And there are always tickets available so it's not something you have to schedule out for weeks, you can be spontaneous!

Well for one thing, my daughter is only 13 months old, so it's going to be awhile before I drag her to games. Secondly, I've been to Mystics games before when someone gave me free tickets. It's just not as entertaining, and I don't mean the lack of dunking, I could take or leave that from the men's game. It's the fact that they preach things like fundamental basketball but then turn around and miss multiple layups, sometimes on the same possession.

But like I said, I'll be trying to get more into it for my daughters sake.

Well this about sums up my fanhood pretty well. Diehard Skins fan. Never been a diehard baseball fan, but I still keep track of how the O's are doing and will occasionally catch a game. Really couldn't care less about hockey, but being in Penguins territory I do tend to exaggerate my Caps fanhood occasionally just to mess with them, though it really doesn't affect me if they lose.

Yeah...my brother-in-law is a Pens fan, so it's fun to mess with him!

Yeah...my brother-in-law is a Pens fan, so it's fun to mess with him!

The winter classic this year was a fun one, wasn't it? I loved hearing Penguins fans whine that they lost because the ice was ****, and then pointing out that the Caps had to play on the exact same icy slush. They didn't like me interjecting logic into the debate. :ols:

The winter classic this year was a fun one, wasn't it? I loved hearing Penguins fans whine that they lost because the ice was ****, and then pointing out that the Caps had to play on the exact same icy slush. They didn't like me interjecting logic into the debate. :ols:

I love it even more because my brother-in-law has lived in Northern VA his whole life except for two years of school at Pitt and is somehow a Pens and Steelers fan. Granted, football-wise he gets the last laugh, but anytime I can crush him for bandwagoning, I do!

I follow all DC teams pretty well...including United. Seems like a lot of people are the same way. I think a good question for all of those people would be which team do you want to see win a championship most? Considering we are on a skins site, I think that the answers would be favored in that direction, but you never know. Out of all the D.C. sports, a redskins super bowl would be my first priority, with a nats world series or caps stanley cup right behind.

I would trade any of that in for a US mens world cup victory though :D

Skins & Caps - I'm diehard. I'd sell my soul for a Lombardi or Stanley.

I do love the Nats and will probs follow them a lot more now that hockey is over. I'd be ecstatic if they won the Series, and I'm excited to watch em over the next couple of years.

Don't really follow the Wiz, used to be a diehard Bullets fan as a kid, but I'm more of a Celtics fan now.. I enjoy soccer, and I'll watch United if they're on but I'm not diehard at all, though I'd obviously be happy to have a DC championship.

Well for one thing, my daughter is only 13 months old, so it's going to be awhile before I drag her to games. Secondly, I've been to Mystics games before when someone gave me free tickets. It's just not as entertaining, and I don't mean the lack of dunking, I could take or leave that from the men's game. It's the fact that they preach things like fundamental basketball but then turn around and miss multiple layups, sometimes on the same possession.

Oh wow! I didn't know she was so young!!! I guess she wouldn't get much out of it. When my daughter was 18 months old, I took her to see The Life of Brian, well not her but me but she came along for the ride. She would laugh and laugh, but she was only reacting to the audience laughing. It was kinda cute to see this little child laughing at Monte Python as if she was getting what was going on. But she does have a really good sense of humor.

I like to go to the Mystics games and girl watch. :evilg:

I voted for the Redskins and DCU because these are the only two teams I follow all season. With a few exceptions, I watch all of their games. I also go to several DCU games every season, and try to go to Redskins games when I can get reasonable tickets.

After the Redskins and DCU, I'd say Caps are #3 for me. I watch them in the playoffs and a little bit in the regular season. This will likely increase once I'm back in the area, but I don't really have any history with hockey or the Caps so it's hard to put them on a level even close to the other two.

I also support the Nats as a "hometown" team, but I'm not huge into baseball, and honestly I'd be just as happy if the Braves or Twins won the World Series.

As for the Wizards, I don't give two ****s about the NBA so don't really care about them, but certainly hope they do well.

Also I don't think going to the parade is a good measure of fanhood. I'd measure it more by whether someone watches the majority of the team's regular season games and/or makes an effort to actually go to games and suppor the team. I'd go to a victory parade for any DC team because I think it'd be awesome to see the city come together for something like that.

---------- Post added June-16th-2011 at 02:37 PM ----------

DCU has a new women's team which plays in Germantown (you can ask Rick about them, haha). Hopefully they are still around when your daughter is older.

Agreed I think the biggest indicator is regular season watching. Almost all people would probably watch a local team in the playoffs or go to a parade for fun. That's how i ranked my submissions. I don't miss a single Caps game either live or DVR. Skins ... I use to not miss a single game but there is just way too much going on now adays to sit and watch 4 hours that will end up leaving me upset they lost in epic fashion.

Oops, should have read the OP before I voted. Redskins are the only team I plan to watch even when they are mediocre or downright sucky (which has been true for most of the last 20 years). Hell, I don't think I'd watch most of the regular season games of the other teams even if those other teams were kicking ass. Of course, football is probably the only sport I regularly watch over any other entertainment alternative.

Agreed I think the biggest indicator is regular season watching. Almost all people would probably watch a local team in the playoffs or go to a parade for fun. That's how i ranked my submissions. I don't miss a single Caps game either live or DVR. Skins ... I use to not miss a single game but there is just way too much going on now adays to sit and watch 4 hours that will end up leaving me upset they lost in epic fashion.

Wow...you'll watch 82+ 2 hour-ish games but not 16 3 hour-ish games? Crazy. Not judging, just noting that.

Wow...you'll watch 82+ 2 hour-ish games but not 16 3 hour-ish games? Crazy. Not judging, just noting that.

Yup. I just love hockey. I play it, watch it, love talking about it. Luckily DVR has really helped me on both football and hockey watching and condensing it. The difference is I can DVR the whole Caps game ... usually it's pretty easy to avoid scores, and people talking about it and watch. But Skins ... I cannot DVR the full game and come back to it because someone will eventually mention the score and it's much harder to ignore people talking about it haha.

I was so happy when I finished college because I figured finally I can relax on Sundays and watch the Skins games and not have to worry about hw, studying etc. haha Boy was I wrong. Real life is much harder than school ever was haha.

The Redskins are the only ones I'm a true fan of.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see ALL the DC teams do well in their respective sports, but the Redskins are the only one I can honestly say i'm a true fan of; ;with honorable mentions to the Caps and DC United.

Hail.

Pretty much this. I'd love for DC to win a triple or better sports crown. Of course, one of the championships would HAVE to be the Redskins, but a baseball WS, a SC and a basketball championship all in the same year would be great!

Im a regionalized sports fan, as in I feel you should root for the teams near where you live....I live just out side Richmond Va (Mechanicsville) so I root for the Redskins, Caps, and Nats....I grew up a Bulls fan when I was a kid all because of MJ, but when he stopped playing I stopped watching basketball, if I ever did go to a pro basketball game it would be the Wizards thougjh, and much like VCU and UofR if they did anything worthwhile I would pay attention but would not go to a parade, or probably even a playoff game.

As for soccer well I think it sucks, it is boring, and I cant stand to watch one second of it.

I also grew up a Braves fan because the Braves AAA team played here in Richmond so I had a tie to the team plus the closest MLB team was the O's and I do not like American League baseball so I picked the Braves. Once the Nats came around and the R-Braves left Richmond I became a nats fan and have been ever since. I have really come to love this team and would pay a ton of money for playoff and championship games and parades.

As for the CAPS I love hockey, and had they gotten past TB I was already making plans for multiple games at Verizon center, had they made it to the Cup I would have been at every game.

And the Skins well I am on Extreme Skins so I think tat speaks for itself. They have won 3 superbowls in my lifetime but all I was to youg to do anything but watch on TV, now that I have the ability and the means I really want them to get back tot hat so I can go....I would put my house down for Redskins superbowl tickets!

I like all DC sports (well, minus DC United) and won't actively root for any other team. Although I will root for certain teams if they are playing someone I hate, ie the Mavs vs Lebron and the Heat. The only home game I haven't been to is the Caps.

But the Redskins is the team I'm the most passionate about, far and above the other teams.

Archived