Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How much money do you estimate you have spent on the "Washington Redskins" in your lifetime?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Almost nothing I guess...

But due to every night game literally being in the middle of the night over here, that amounts to alot of days leave from work over the last 20 years to recover. I haven't missed many, whether it be via AFN radio, TV or the 'net. That must amount to something right?

I bought two ST's thorugh a third party for 7 years at $100 a ticket ($14,000), I have had 4 ST's in my name for the last 3 years with parking ($10,000), I spend around $100 each game when you include tailgate food and drink plus inside food and drink ($8000). I have gone to a few random games in Philly and New York ($1000). I have 14 jerseys ($1400), and tons of random crap ($2000). That puts me at $36,400 not including random games (1 to 2 games a year) I went to before I started buying season tickets in 2002.

I LOVE this question. When trying to figure the answer, there is so much to take into account. I wonder if I could calculate the amount of money I've cost my boss because of the time I've spent brooding (rather than working) any given Monday in the last two years. Its so hard concentrate after a humiliating loss!

With the above, plus actual money out of pocket at the stadium and on paraphernalia? I didn't hesitate when I voted $20000 to infinity over 30 years...

Between going to 2-4 games a year and the travel, food, etc. costs I am in the $5,000 ballpark. I haven't bought a ton of merchandise beyond 3 jerseys and some hats. I learned at a young age when I bought a Steven Davis and later on Lav. Coles jersey only to have each one be gone the following year.

Probably right under $1k. Several jerseys, couple shirts, paid for two tickets twice with parking, gas, etc. and misc. merchandise. I certainly don't consider myself to be a person who has heavily invested in the Redskins financially.

Interesting thread....well I've seen it both ways growing my dad was the biggest Skins fan I've ever been around..but he spent way more time then money on the team maybe a couple hats and a t-shirt. But he watched EVERY GAME THEY PLAYED...I on the other hand try and get to 2 games a year watch every game and have enough skins memorabilia to fill a small museum. After my dad passed I started building a collection...in a strange way its like Im doing it in his memory. But if I live to be half the fan he was and pass the Skins onto my sons like did for me ill be alright. HTTR.

Monetary value of material items is less than 5k. I have bought some merchandise but never could afford to get season tickets. But those are not as important as backing your team no matter how bad they have played. I have more optimism about the state of the team because of Allen and Shanahan. But I have some reservations because of past hopes and optimism. The Team has been remade every year with high priced Vets that were on the downside of their careers and also didn't fit the system we ran. We also brought in high profile coaches that didn't work our. But the one consistent that was always there making the trades and picks was Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder. So now that Vinny is gone and not making the decisions maybe the team will get back to the days of making the playoffs and being a 10+ win team. That is what we as fans have dealt with over the Dan Snyder tenure up until now and if Allen and Snyder change the culture of winning and restore respect then it is all worth it.

Archived