Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How much money do you estimate you have spent on the "Washington Redskins" in your lifetime?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Lockout time seems like a great time to ask a question like this.

This would be anything you have ever bought in your lifetime that was directly related to your being a fan of the "Washington Redskins" to include tickets and merchandise.

Some members ideas of what is "related" will no doubt be different than others.

Personally, I've bought myself a couple of hats, and a jersey, worth less than $100. Plus supplies for a couple of ES Tailgates that are probably less than $100 (but not directly Redskins related). However, For Christmas/birthday I've gotten a jersey, a couple of hats, etc. So probably about $2-300 spent for me by others.

So overall, I'd say I've easily spent less than $5k on merchandise. But I'm only 26 and have been poor most of my life.

Interestingly, I've invested very little money, in the grand scheme of things, in the Skins. Mostly because since I was little, I've received all of my Redskins merch as gifts from family/friends who don't know what else to get me. And man, I've gotten a LOT of stuff. More than I need, and more than I would ever buy even if I had to. Now those family/friends have probably spent a LOT on Skins stuff for me, which is ironic since outside of my Dad and brother, none of them are Skins fans :ols: On the flip side, its all I ever get for gifts. But I'm fine with that.

But the heartache, drama, and emotions/emotional attachment tied to this team far exceed anything that money would represent.

Excluding travel expenses I'd be in the 10k bracket, but I've been to quite a few road games over the years. Can't imagine what my family has spent on ST's since Griffith Stadium. Thank you grandpa for keeping the tix till my dad could take over the account in the 80s.

I haven't spent a lot of money either. Living out of Virginia since I turned 18 has pretty much negated the opportunity for season tickets, and that's where most of the spending would probably come from, I'd assume.

If you don't spend money $ on travel, merchandise, concessions at the games, Sunday Ticket (for out of town fans); fandom today offers more for less money than ever before. We have so many outlets these days to get our dose of Redskins. If you know when and where to buy game tickets, it costs proportionately less than what you would have paid 20 yeara ago IMO.

I go to at least 2-3 games a year at a couple of grand a game for great seats, transportation, lodging, food, bets,and intertainment. I would miss the games, but I might like to see the season canceled. It would save me a lot of money and I might like to see how the owners and players feel after not making any money this year. I'd go to more college games (or trips to Vegas). In fact the only people I'd feel a little sorry for are the folks that make there living working at the games.

My Redskins football card collection has been valued at over $20,000 which goes to my son when I pass on.

I dropped my season tickets and reduced spend on gear a few years ago after multiple season ticket issues. In the end the TO asked how they could "correct the issue" (after MANY issues). I said I want upgrades to the lower bowl and they gave me the 3 years in the Club BS deal. I said lower bowl or I drop my seats. They said no go. I dropped my seats. Hasta pendejos. I now buy great seats in the lower bowl as I need them and make it a special day for my son and I (we will both get a new jerseys, but not a $300 ones). My daughter used to come to games but hasn't for a few years now - she is probably the smart one.

I have loyalty to the team, but a fool and his money soon part. I was tired of being a fool.

Personally, I've bought myself a couple of hats, and a jersey, worth less than $100. Plus supplies for a couple of ES Tailgates that are probably less than $100 (but not directly Redskins related). However, For Christmas/birthday I've gotten a jersey, a couple of hats, etc. So probably about $2-300 spent for me by others.

So overall, I'd say I've easily spent less than $5k on merchandise. But I'm only 26 and have been poor most of my life.

Sorry for the derail here, but "poor most your life"? Have you enjoyed a roof over your head? a warm bed on cold nights? a clean glass of water to drink and clean water to bathe in? Then your definition of poor is twisted. visit here and give it some thought.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=clean+water+crisis&aq=6&oq=clean+water

Great thread btw, and I have spent too much money on the Redskins IMO.

I've probably only been to 7games (two pre-season) or so in my lifetime(34) enjoyable experiences, but nothing I'd want to do all of the time...Never been a season ticket holder, don't plan on being one. Watching it on the flat screen with cheaper beer/food access and a closer bathroom works for me. I've purchased some hats, jerseys, license plates, and other collectables but I think it's most likely under 5grand. I don't know if Id consider buying beer or food a game expense since I would have purchased beer if I was about to watch a skins game or not lol.

Archived