Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone had to ask sooner or later: Did OJ really do it?

grhqofb5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Simple question. Despite the jury's acquittal of OJ Simpson in the criminal side of this matter, in your opinion, is OJ actually the killer of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman?

Yes or No, or "need more evidence to make up mind." Feel free to justify your response with analysis of (1) evidence, (2) the judicial process in general, (3) specific procedureal observations relating to the criminal trial, and (4) media coverage, etc.

I remember hearing that, on his deathbed, Robert Kardashian, (he of the brood of hot daughters) told those close to him he couldn't forgive himself for representing OJ as one of his defense lawyers. Hmmm, that leads me to believe he mighta been guily.

Ok, true story, as relayed to me (so its hearsay). My former "friend" has (had) a law partner named Mark Patridge. Mr. Partridge was the individual who sat on the airplane next to OJ when he flew from back from Chicago to LA shortly after the murders. He indicates that OJ "all but confessed to the murders" but stopped short because Partridge (as a lawyer) advised OJ to seek the advice of counsel. When OJ got off the plane in Chicago, he did just that, and was in touch with his attorneys. Google "Mark Partridge" and "OJ Simpson". You will see that he did, in fact, sit next to OJ.

The Glove did not fit so they had to Acquit. :rolleyes:

There was a fair amount of Hoodrats, chickenheads and the whiteguilt demographic that were happy with verdict not because they thought he was innocent but because his acquittal was seen as retribution for all of the times minorities were on the wrong end of verdicts when Caucasians got away with atrocities in court, though a 100 wrongs do not make it right.

I voted third option for the following reason...we think we saw all evidence and watched the trial. However, those jurors had reason to have reasonable doubt in their minds. I do feel he was guilty, but maybe one more piece of evidence would have eliminated reasonable doubt.

I voted third option for the following reason...we think we saw all evidence and watched the trial. However, those jurors had reason to have reasonable doubt in their minds. I do feel he was guilty, but maybe one more piece of evidence would have eliminated reasonable doubt.

Yes, but that is a different question. I don't think what the jury did was so ridiculous, from their point of view. They had very limited information. But that is because the prosecution was completely incompetent.

his acquittal was seen as retribution for all of the times minorities were on the wrong end of verdicts when Caucasians got away with atrocities in court, though a 100 wrongs do not make it right.
I remember seeing the reaction from Howard University Student union and you would have thought they all just won the lottery. The OJ verdict was pretty much proof that justice is/was NOT divided along racial lines, but rather economic lines.

OJ is as guilty as hell. You're delusional if you feel otherwise period. Prosecution bungling notwithstanding, ample evidence was presented proving motive and guilt. He's a free man solely because of an ignorant, racist jury who would not have convicted the man even if there was a video of him committing the act.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

Yes, but that is a different question. I don't think what the jury did was so ridiculous, from their point of view. They had very limited information. But that is because the prosecution was completely incompetent.

That's insane Predicto.

I think this statement cannot be debated:

If the OJ Trial took place in a post CSI, post-NCIS, post Bones world, the trial would have been months shorter and the verdict would have been guilty in record time. The prosecution had built a thoroughly modern case and did not know how to present it in the face of a vigorous defense. I can't imagine the arguments over DNA evidence taking place in 2011.

OJ is as guilty as hell. You're delusional if you feel otherwise period. Prosecution bungling notwithstanding, ample evidence was presented proving motive and guilt. He's a free man solely because of an ignorant, racist jury who would not have convicted the man even if there was a video of him committing the act.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

That's insane Predicto.

Why is that insane? The jury was sequestered for months. They did not see all of the endless CNN analysis and stuff that all of us saw. They saw very limited evidence, and the prosecution mangled the evidence that they did present.

The jury was definitely ignorant, but I'm not willing to assume that it was racist.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 10:01 AM ----------

I think this statement cannot be debated:

If the OJ Trial took place in a post CSI' date=' post-NCIS, post Bones world, the trial would have been months shorter and the verdict would have been guilty in record time. The prosecution had built a thoroughly modern case and did not know how to present it in the face of a vigorous defense. I can't imagine the arguments over DNA evidence taking place in 2011.[/quote']

Absolutely.

Archived