Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many years till the Redskins win a Super Bowl

SC_RedskinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The question is pretty simple, well kind of! How many years do you think it will be before we win a Super Bowl?

I personally think it will be 2-4 years before we are in a position to make a run, and 4-5 years before we will win one. Or maybe im just a homer :ols:

I did a search for this and found nothing. If there is another thread like this sorry mods.

There will be a poll for this

Um, it's a question that you really can't answer. Making a run for a super bowl would be a different and better question, but to ask when we WILL win a super bowl, can't answer it. When do I think we can win one, this season. We have history on our side, since the 2 strike seasons, we won the super bowl, maybe we can do it in a lock out season.

As soon as the current regime finishes assembling the right players. The defense will be fine. It's the offense that's lacking. As soon as we see an explosion on offense, then and only then will the Redskins be Super Bowl bound. I say give it two more years.

Depends on who you ask. Some of the intellectual giants here think that will be the year after next, after "tanking" 2011 to get Luck... that automatically makes this team a super bowl contender and 10+ win seasons for the next decade, easy.

So according to them, 2012.

Depends on who you ask. Some of the intellectual giants here think that will be the year after next, after "tanking" 2011 to get Luck... that automatically makes this team a super bowl contender and 10+ win seasons for the next decade, easy.

Eh, not in 2012, but from 2013 on, in particular if this draft class succeeds.

I say it depends. Right now the earliest to me would be 2013, IF we get the right QB in the 2012 draft.

When Gibbs came back, I thought we would have a Super Bowl appearance within 4 years. That failed. I say 6 years now because I do believe we need a franchise QB to get there, and it'll take that long to establish one.

For us to be a super bowl contender, we need the following:

1. A QB: maybe John Beck is the guy, or maybe not. I really have faith that Shanahan will find someone serviceable, as he always did in Denver, within the next two years. I don't think we'll be getting anyone through free agency unless someone huge hits the market, which is unlikely given the CBA situation.

2. A better front 7: this is gonna take a NT, a MLB, and better depth. I think we made major in-roads over this past season and through the draft with Riley, Henson, and Kerrigan poised to contribute this year.

3. A better CB: Carlos Rogers plays scared and it shows... All the drops and playing way off the line of scrimmage. We need to shore up that position.

4. A better WR corps: I really think we should invest in Sidney Rice if he's available this year, and let go of Moss. Moss is very overrated as a character guy considering he hasn't really taken any of the young guys under his wing, nor has he spent any off-season work developing a rapport with our QBs, despite always saying that he will. I like Hankerson, but I'd like to have a solid #1 alongside him, and I really can't see Armstrong as anything more than our #3 receiver. This will take at least 3 seasons to strengthen, considering WRs generally breakout in their third season.

5. A better interior OL: this may already be solved, but we need depth and at least one more starter. This will happen within the next two years through free agency and developing some of the young guys on this roster.

Ultimately, I'd say it will take, at a minimum, three years for us to be true contenders. We may get to the playoffs in two, though.

You'll see....

We need three more solid drafts to start with. I think we also need to catch a bit of lightning in a bottle and winding up with an extra first rounder here and second rounder down the line. This draft was solid as far as quantity. Whether the quality pans out is anyone's guess. I am going on the expectation that we'll have at the least, 4 solid contributors and 1 playmaker in Kerrigan. That's a pretty high expectation, but should that pan out then we have a great foundation.

We go 9-7 this year, if we play. Bookmark this thread, bump it for ownage and send me all the hate mail you want if I'm wrong....I like the attention.

Next year we kick ass!

We will not draft a QB #1 for the next five years. We win with a lot of the players we will add this year. So saith the Polywog.

I voted for this year as a lark since there's really no way of knowing. If our current rebuild is successful, we will at least be in the hunt no later than 2013. Hell, if it weren't for the issues surrounding this season, I'd say anything worse than 7-9 and we'd seriously need to think about going in a new direction.

We have a lot of needs to fill, but I'm feeling optimistic about the team and the leadership.

If we have a solid .500 season this year, I'll say we've got three years to be a contender. Right now ,though, I'm thinking it's going to take somewhere around five years. It's going to be awhile, but it will be well worth the waiting.

Im 27 now... im thinking around age 40 well be superbowl contenders. Until then ill remain relatively emotionally detached and without expectation as I have over the last few seasons. I bet the wizards advance beyond the first round of the playoffs before the redskins play for a superbowl. Thanks dan, im literally numb and just going thru the motions now. But I still love my redskins.

I would say I expect a Super Bowl berth for the Redskins within 4 or 5 years. I went with 5 for the poll. This could change depending on how quickly the new players and free agents gell together as a team. Does the coaching staff stay intact? In any case, I don't see the Redskins winning the NFC Championship before the 2013 season.

It really only takes three years for anytime to win the superbowl if you think about it. last year didn't count in my book as it was the clean up job. Assuming that our coaching staff stays intact, and we dont bring in a joke like Al Saunders i think 2013 is the run year

Archived