Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many years till the Redskins win a Super Bowl

SC_RedskinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who knows...without a great QB in place, in that sense a young drafted QB with a few years of drafts and FA to build around him...?..*shrugs* I chose 5 years, thinking if we can get one of those guys in the draft in 2012, maybe within 3-4 years of that contending might be possible.

Team needs offense. Offense needs QB protection, short yardage running game, and be a threat to run more than just stretch plays. All of those depend on the OL. We have no OL, therefore, no offense and no championship.

When the Skins draft some talent on the OL, other than just a left tackle, then the offense will turn around. Whoever thinks we're getting Davin Joseph and Ryan Harris, or that Capers and Cook are going to be quality starters this year are just not paying attention to reality.

Impossible to put a number on it because:

1 - The defense is bad. Extremely bad. Will this draft change that? We all hope it will but we have no idea and with this team I won't believe anything until they do it.

2 - We have no QB.

3 - Offensive line is still a massive problem. Who is our starting right tackle next year? Who is the starting center? Where are the OLine upgrades?!

4 - Gano.

5 - After Shanahan retires again what happens to the plan? Snyder has been EXTREMELY inconsistent after each coaching departure and there is absolutely no reason to think he'll hire coaches that run similar offense and defense. We'll likely be stuck with mismatched personnel again and be back at square one.

Impossible to put a number on it because:

1 - The defense is bad. Extremely bad. Will this draft change that? We all hope it will but we have no idea and with this team I won't believe anything until they do it.

We're on the right track though. We're drafting to need and filling holes with players that appear to fit fairly well.

2 - We have no QB.

We have Beck and Grossman. They might not be stellar, but for all we know, they could do a good enough job. We'll also more than likely have a "stellar" QB this time next year.

3 - Offensive line is still a massive problem. Who is our starting right tackle next year? Who is the starting center? Where are the OLine upgrades?!

Free Agency is your friend. The right tackle from Denver and a right guard are targets in free agency, and Lich can play center.

4 - Gano.

Is not as bad as you would suggest. No kicker is perfect, but he's going to be very good. Need to give him time, he'll do fine this year.

5 - After Shanahan retires again what happens to the plan? Snyder has been EXTREMELY inconsistent after each coaching departure and there is absolutely no reason to think he'll hire coaches that run similar offense and defense. We'll likely be stuck with mismatched personnel again and be back at square one.

If the Shanaplan works, then Kyle is in line to be the next head coach. One would assume he would keep the same defensive plan, if not the same coordinator. We'll likely be in a much better position than you're painting.

We're on the right track though. We're drafting to need and filling holes with players that appear to fit fairly well.

Which is all well and good but "on the right track" following a horrifying defensive performance is meaningless. If it works we'll have a better idea of where we are but with this team counting your chickens before they hatch isn't smart. As I'm sure we can all agree.

We have Beck and Grossman. They might not be stellar, but for all we know, they could do a good enough job. We'll also more than likely have a "stellar" QB this time next year.

We don't have Grossman. We have Beck and McNabb. Until that is settled we really have no idea what the QB picture is going to look like long term.

Free Agency is your friend. The right tackle from Denver and a right guard are targets in free agency, and Lich can play center.

We aren't the only players in free agency and it's a strong possibility that starting caliber line players will be highly sought after. We may not get one. Plus you have to remember that free agent OL players are often mediocre and/or not long term solutions. Free agency is good to boost a unit ours needs much more than a boost and the overall team isn't close enough to a championship to make use of a short term boost.

Is not as bad as you would suggest. No kicker is perfect, but he's going to be very good. Need to give him time, he'll do fine this year.

Overall Gano was 38th in the league last season hitting just 69% of kicks. (Only two kickers had a lower percentage than he did overall) He went 24 of 35. That's pretty damn terrible.

If the Shanaplan works, then Kyle is in line to be the next head coach. One would assume he would keep the same defensive plan, if not the same coordinator. We'll likely be in a much better position than you're painting.
We all thought one of Gibbs assistant coaches would take over for him too. We got Zorn. With Dan Snyder he's 5 for 5 in dramatic changes in team philosophy when he needs a head coach. Norv -> Schotty -> Spurrier -> Gibbs -> Zorn -> Shanny. No head coach running a system like the previous. Defense hasn't been as dramatic a shift until recently bringing in Haslett, but being that Haslett's defense hasn't worked yet we don't know what to expect.

Keep in mind my point isn't that we are going to eternally suck. It's simply that until we see a team on the field that is close we can't predict the Redskins proximity to serious title run. They're too weak as a team at the moment and too prone to making huge mistakes.

All but 10 of the 32 NFL teams have been in a conference championship game since 1999, the year Snyder took over the Redskins:

Bills

Cowboys

Bengals

Browns

Lions

Texans

Chiefs

Dolphins

49ers

Redskins

Get the picture? If you park in the owner's space, you ARE the problem.

The soonest is 3 years after we get a franchise QB. If we get one next year, then it is 4 years from now. if we replicate what has just happened over the past 20 years and waste time trying to rebuild a team with ancillary players and thinking franchise QBs are too expensive to get, then who knows, maybe never.

I tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic, but just being realistic I don't see this franchise being turned around anytime soon. They won't have the patience to do it the right way, and their mishandling of certain players already gives me little confidence in the new regime. The draft approach does encourage me, but Shanny has never shown he is a very good personnel guy. I like Bruce Allen, but he seems to be little more than a puppet and figurehead in this current set up.

I tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic, but just being realistic I don't see this franchise being turned around anytime soon. They won't have the patience to do it the right way, and their mishandling of certain players already gives me little confidence in the new regime. The draft approach does encourage me, but Shanny has never shown he is a very good personnel guy. I like Bruce Allen, but he seems to be little more than a puppet and figurehead in this current set up.

They don't have the patience or WE don't have the patience? As much as I hate the owner, I think we as fans are more impatient than he is.

^^^^ then why watch the damn game. thats vinnyiotic you might need to be in an institution. the rams greatest show on turf came out of nowhere, the pats started a dynasty when they got billicheck. when the giants drafted eli they were terrible, guess what. when the colts got a peyton guess what happened. oh yeah dont forget the saints. /losers of championships as well they were close panthers, cardinals, bears,

the jets pre rex ryan and post rex ryan.

also terrible teams can rebuild very quickly, lions, dolphins, falcons, chiefs,

teams can change drastically in one year cuz the league is so balanced and sometimes it just takes getting hot at the right time.

Archived