Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many years till the Redskins win a Super Bowl

SC_RedskinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If we are not in the Super Bowl hunt by 2013, it is almost certain that it will be because we screwed up and will have to start again. In the history of the NFL, there have only been 1 or 2 rebuilds that took more than 3 years. That is, if you look at all but those rebuilds, the periods of suck greater than 3 years consisted of multiple rebuild attempts. True, most rebuild attempts fail, only a handful of teams have succeeded at their rebuild attempts more often then they failed and none has ever been 100% successful (although, over the last 30+ years, the Steelers have never failed in an attempt).

people are clueless, you dont know what will happen until the season will start. i bet the 99 rams didn't know, the 01 patriots. 1 player can change a franchise's direction. How do we know that the player we draft might be the nfl best player ever?

The Redskins organization is still a year away from purging the Cerrato era/error. We are miles ahead of some of the pessimists in this thread as we finally have at least a competent GM to go along with a good coach. In the parity NFL of today, it should be expected that we make the playoffs in the 2012 season, then start contending for a SB by 2013. So I say 2-3 years. The only big hurdle we have is sorting out our QB situation.

It will probably happen eventually, but nobody can say with any confidence when it will be. I will be here when the stars do finally line up, because I will be here every season, hoping this is the time it actually happens.

When will Dan Snyder sell the team? That is the answer to your poll.
I was looking for this option as well.

I'm really beginning to believe that we have very little chance as long as he remains in charge. He has to sell before we can realistically consider becoming a real contender again.

Until then, it's akin to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I think the Redskins are at least 5 years away from a Superbowl. I'm hoping that within the next 3 years though, we can make the playoffs twice. Maybe a wildcard in the 2012 season, and a solid 11-5 season in 2013, then better things in 2014 and beyond. We'll see...

I didn't participated in your survey because it requires a definitive answer that is based on statistical facts leading up to whatever year you answered in the poll. In other words, its impossible to come up with a year. All of this is based on luck and the football gods smiling upon the Skins.

Maybe we should ask the Eagles when they might win one since they have a better team than we do.

Archived