Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What political type are you? (w/ quiz) WaPo Blog/Pew Research Center

#98QBKiller

New Coalition Democrat.

For the most part right on the money, and proof that I'm not nearly as liberal as so many seem to think.

Wow, we're the same.

I was convinced I was going to time out the server because I'm all over the spectrum. I'm very conservative on many issues and very liberal on others. I can't remember a time you were conservative on anything :ols:

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 09:47 AM ----------

Oh, frankly, I think the label Libertarian has changed. A lot.

Used to be, the definition of Libertarian was "loony who thinks drugs should be legalized".

Then for a while, on many of the "political tests", you couldn't be a Libertarian unless you believed that the income tax should be repealed.

Now it seems to mean "loony who thinks that all corporations should be exempt from all regulations".

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think the label has changed in your own mind.

You, for instance, identify yourself as a libertarian but you are not at all. You're a liberal to the core.

Wow, I thought the S&L debacle happened on Reagan and Bush administrations' watch after deregulation of the real estate industry. Funny, I didn't know that Reagan and GHWBush were liberal progressives! What a history rewrite! And it worked so well in the 80s and 90s that they did it again in 2007-2008! Again, under another liberal progressive Bush!

Wow.

I think you misread NavyDave's post.

It would be interesting if politicians had to be honest about their idealogy and voters could choose between Liberal, Conservative, or other.

Team elephant would lose rather replace a significant amount of career politicians due to the purging of RINOs while some members of Team Donkey would be in trouble because they could not campaign as conservatives to get votes then revert to their liberal idealogy.

Parts of the quiz has bogus nonsense within it. Most people do not have a problem with immigrants, they have a problem with law enforcement and the government not taking care of the illegal alien problem as well as promoting incentives for more to come in for the sake of getting votes or quasi indentured servants for businesses skirting around the minimum wages law.

Parts of the quiz has bogus nonsense within it. Most people do not have a problem with immigrants, they have a problem with law enforcement and the government not taking care of the illegal alien problem as well as promoting incentives for more to come in for the sake of getting votes or quasi indentured servants for businesses skirting around the minimum wages law.

I thought that was a weird question too. The problem most have is with the illegal immigrants. I don't care what you do if you're here legally, its the illegal ones that people don't like.

Oh, frankly, I think the label Libertarian has changed. A lot.

Used to be, the definition of Libertarian was "loony who thinks drugs should be legalized".

Then for a while, on many of the "political tests", you couldn't be a Libertarian unless you believed that the income tax should be repealed.

Now it seems to mean "loony who thinks that all corporations should be exempt from all regulations".

All of which can be summed up in one statement. The government over regulates. I think you must be loony to think they don't.

Wow, I thought the S&L debacle happened on Reagan and Bush administrations' watch after deregulation of the real estate industry. Funny, I didn't know that Reagan and GHWBush were liberal progressives! What a history rewrite! And it worked so well in the 80s and 90s that they did it again in 2007-2008! Again, under another liberal progressive Bush!

The Democrat controlled Congress deregulated the real estate industry during Reagan years. And it was those pesky progressive Senator types caught up in the scandal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

Both Bush's were moderates. Look at the Liberal appointees to the SCOTUS by Bush the Elder, Dubba ya almost did the same thing until conservatives forced him to switch from Harriet Miers to John Roberts.

You do not remember that Dubba ya at the time had the highest education spending bill on record No Child left behind, which was at first used to bash bush until Ted Kennedy who helped write it took a dirt nap then No Child Left Behind became a positive point in the Ted Kennedy legacy. Or the Billions to Africa for Aids prevention.

Staunch Conservatives

9% of the public

What They Believe

* Extremely critical of the federal government (Correct)

* Favor an assertive foreign policy (Correct)

* Pro-business; against stricter environmental laws and regulations (Correct)

* Strongly opposed to abortion and same-sex marriage (Correct)

* Convinced the 2010 health care law will be bad for the country (Correct)

* View immigrants as a threat to traditional American customs and values (Very poor questions that do not differentiate between "legal" and "illegal" immigrants. I am pro-"legal" immigration and against "illegal" immigration)

* Nearly half believe President Obama born outside the United States(Um... Nope...Just because he is a lousy President does not make him "Un-American")

Staunch Conservatives

9% of the public

What They Believe

* Extremely critical of the federal government (Correct)

* Favor an assertive foreign policy (Correct)

* Strongly opposed to abortion and same-sex marriage (Correct)

* [/color]

so the government you so loathe and despise for its incompetency... you want it constantly bombing people in other countries and telling you what you can do based on an arbitrary moral code stateside.

makes sense :)

Wow, we're the same.

I was convinced I was going to time out the server because I'm all over the spectrum. I'm very conservative on many issues and very liberal on others. I can't remember a time you were conservative on anything :ols:

It's the fact that I'm religious and socially conservative that puts me in the New Coalition group. Basically the same group as Jim Wallis etc.

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 10:40 AM ----------

Staunch Conservatives

Wha?! :thud:

Well, apparently I'm libertarian. :)

I definitely have some libertarian tendencies, but I don't think this is at an accurate nor complete "pigeonholing" of me.

Also, some of the questions could have been phrased much better. In my mind, there is a stark difference between what impact "immigrants" have on our society vs. "illegal immigrants." There was no differentiation in the quiz.

This is pretty accurate though:

What They Believe:

Economically very conservative but moderate to liberal on social issues (yep)

Highly critical of government (yep)

Strongly pro-business (yep)

Accepting of homosexuality (for the most part. I support civil unions for all.)

Less religious than the average American (yes and no. My faith is very strong. My practice? Not as much.)

Moderate views about immigrants compared to other GOP-oriented groups (my position is evolving, but I'm still solidly anti-illegal immigration)

Who They Are:

Strong Republican-orientation, though a majority identify as independents (yep, only registered republican so I vould vote in primaries.)

Affluent: 39% have incomes of $75,000 or more (I was close at one point, not anymore. lol)

Two-thirds are male (last time I checked. lol)

85% are non-Hispanic whites (yep)

About seven-in-ten (71%) have attended college (yep)

About half as likely as the two strongest GOP groups to attend church weekly (unfortunately, yep)

56% use social networking sites (yep)

36% trade stocks (used to, but not right now, lacking the duckets to be active in the market right now)

Staunch Conservatives

Considering the events of the past week, it's impossible to take you seriously with that sig.

---------- Post added May-6th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

So a Post-Modern is essentially another term for moderate?

Solid liberal here.

The quiz was set up so you had to take an ideological position. If you put add a bunch of conditional answers with lots of grey, it makes it much more difficult to pinpoint one's ideology.

Archived