Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[POLL] Would you rather be short and good looking or tall and ugly?

Bootleg

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If I was short, Ugly, bald and fat, I would still get to date, I would not change my approach. it would be a little harder, but not much. beautiful girls are waiting around for you guys to have the stones to ask them out. Just do it. If they laugh in your face, Go right to the next girl. Don't buy them gifts, don't write them poems, don't play them songs on the guitar, just spend time with them and have fun. Be a good guy, but not a nice guy. You'll figure it out. :point2sky

This is so true. Confidence sells to girls more than anything else.

Problem is, tall good looking guys are going to be confident and short ugly guys won't. But those tall good looking guys are what most "young" woman go for and the short ugly guys may or may not be better guys to eventually date and settle down with.

Everyone thinks that about themselves for some reason when no one can see them.

I disagree. Alot of people don't think that way of themselves. I'm not being ****y or anything when I say it either. I truly believe it. And I've had countless women tell me. I don't need to post a pic to confirm it. Although I might eventually end up posting one.

what is the goal here? to get more women? probably the short+goodlooking guy, then. if we're talking about overall happiness, though, i would go with tall+ugly.

tall+ugly guys will still get girls, though not as many. though they might wish they got more girls, they probably won't feel "wronged" about the whole thing. i've hardly ever known a guy under 5'8" that didn't go through life with a chip on their shoulder. not angry, mind you, but definitely a little ... victimized. even my happiest, most confident "short" friends will admit (from time to time) that they feel unjustifiably discriminated against in some situations - from dating to business networking - based on their height. i'd hate to go through life feeling that way.

what is the goal here? to get more women? probably the short+goodlooking guy, then. if we're talking about overall happiness, though, i would go with tall+ugly.

tall+ugly guys will still get girls, though not as many. though they might wish they got more girls, they probably won't feel "wronged" about the whole thing. i've hardly ever known a guy under 5'8" that didn't go through life with a chip on their shoulder. not angry, mind you, but definitely a little ... victimized. even my happiest, most confident "short" friends will admit (from time to time) that they feel unjustifiably discriminated against in some situations - from dating to business networking - based on their height. i'd hate to go through life feeling that way.

All of this makes sense. And I'll add on to it: It seems like the short guys usually end up 'overcompensating' as well. For instance, I often see a short guy getting out of a big pickup. Or they will hit the weights, and get all jacked up. You're still short, buddy.

All of this makes sense. And I'll add on to it: It seems like the short guys usually end up 'overcompensating' as well. For instance, I often see a short guy getting out of a big pickup. Or they will hit the weights, and get all jacked up. You're still short, buddy.

I fail to see how going to the gym is compensating for anything.

dangit Bubble Screen! i presented my idea in such a way as to NOT get people pissed off and nitpicky. not every short guy who drives a truck or lifts weights is overcompensating.

what i was saying is that many short guys often feel that they are treated unfairly because they are short. conversely, i don't know any ugly guys that feel unfairly treated because of their looks. perhaps people accept that attractiveness bias is unavoidable, while feeling that height bias is unfair. regardless of the psychology behind it, i would say that being short makes many men feel mistreated (some more than others) and that's not a feeling i want to go through life with. frankly, i'm surprised that the poll is so lopsided.

I would much prefer to be short AND ugly, but have lots of cash.

Who cares about getting a girl? Not me. It always complicates my life in a bad way. I would rather be free than "loved." Love is cheap. Money at least finances the high cost of unhappiness.

Why would anyone want to be ugly ?

:ols: I was thinking the same thing, what's more is I hit the actual 6'2" mark the OP suggested. I like being tall, many benefits, although in Florida you need to be cautious of ceiling fans in older homes, I've had more than one ballcap removed from my head that way.

---------- Post added May-8th-2011 at 08:05 AM ----------

Tall is better for ME,

Thought of this......:ols:

personally, but I don't see why short girls like really tall guys- a 5'5 girl with a 5'9 guy gives him 4 inches. That's plenty of a differential.

It's like really big girls and skinny guys....completely functional, see really short girls know they'll need stuff off top shelves. BTW, my wife is 5'4", my brother who is 6'2" as well has a wife who is 5'2", my father who is 6'5" has a wife who is 5'5", we look awesome in family photos when we alternate.:ols:

Short guys get the short girls, of which there's plenty to choose from. Ugly guys get the ugly girls. Fair number of those around too, but it ain't quite the same thing.

Just kidding, mostly. What I said is true, but there's enough exceptions to keep it from being a rule. Anyway I dated a few homely girls in my day, because I liked them which made them attractive to me. I like the pretty ones too, but the guys who limit themselves to a certain type miss out on a lot.

"All jacked up", meaning they end up like little Hercules'.

And what is the difference ( to you ) between a short guy that is jacked, and a tall guy that is jacked, meaning, that if a short guy is apparently " compensating for something," then what is the tall guy doing? Some people just like working out, lifting weights, and they do it for many different reasons.

Archived