Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various sources: Osama bin Laden is dead. (Merged)

ixcuincle

Screw legality in that situation. He wasn't concerned with legal morals when he blind sided nearly 3,000 people with airplanes flying into buildings. Why should we be when we off his punk ass?

Exactly. Why even have laws if they're just going to get in the way of us kicking ass and taking names?

abbottabad_bin_laden_compound_diagram2.png

"Trash Burning Location"?

Who knew Osama grew up in Appalachia?

The design of this building so close to military compounds just about proves it for me that Pakistan knew just exactly who was living in there.

What a bunch of horse ****. Either way, they look stupid. What did they think was happening in such a heavily fortified compound?

Obama and his crew needs to grow a pair. I can watch Americans jumping to their deaths from the burning world trade center but I can't see the damn photos of the most hated man of my generation with a bullet in his head. :doh:

I'm furious with the way the administration is handling this.

Obama and his crew needs to grow a pair. I can watch Americans jumping to their deaths from the burning world trade center but I can't see the damn photos of the most hated man of my generation with a bullet in his head. :doh:

I'm furious with the way the administration is handling this.

furious? why don't you ask yourself why you think you personally need to see photos of a corpse with brains hanging out of it. frankly, i don't see what releasing photos would accomplish, other than to feed a pretty gross and pointless bloodlust.

as if releasing photographs would prevent the inevitable conspiracy stupidity, anyway.

Yeah, while that's true...I still kinda wanna see it for myself. I don't know why the President feels the need to baby us like this. I mean, this is the age of the internet. We've probably seen worse.

furious? why don't you ask yourself why you think you personally need to see photos of a corpse with brains hanging out of it. frankly, i don't see what releasing photos would accomplish, other than satisfying a pretty gross and pointless bloodlust.

Personally, I need to see a picture of OBL's mushy head for the same reason victims and survivors view the execution of murderers. Not to mention that this administration has gone to great lengths to express how scared they are of radical islamic backlash. Talk about terrorists winning...

Yeah, while that's true...I still kinda wanna see it for myself. I don't know why the President feels the need to baby us like this. I mean, this is the age of the internet. We've probably seen worse.

Because it wouldn't calm down any of the conspiracy nuts anyway, and it might rile up some people in the Middle East for no good reason.

Because it wouldn't calm down any of the conspiracy nuts anyway, and it might rile up some people in the Middle East for no good reason.

Eh, I guess that's true. I don't know. I'm not as gung ho about seeing the photos or Osama's body as I was when we first found him.

I dunno. I'm just glad that son of a ***** is finally dead.

Personally, I need to see a picture of OBL's mushy head for the same reason victims and survivors view the execution of murderers. Not to mention that this administration has gone to great lengths to express how scared they are of radical islamic backlash. Talk about terrorists winning...

sounds like your desire to see these images is simply some combination of morbid curiosity and desire for vengeance.

and i am pretty sure the terrorists did not win this round, even if you don't eventually get to pump your fist at a bloody corpse.

@ConservativeGen: I just want get this. Abu Ghraib photos, Uday & Qusay photos & coffins of dead military were must see by the left but #OBL photos are not.

---------- Post added May-4th-2011 at 01:56 PM ----------

On Wednesday 4th May 2011, @TKextremeskins said:

Agreed. #callingbull**** RT @LL56xtremeskins: So its cool to show planes hiting wtc,people jumping ect for years . Its not ok to see the person responsible for it all dead. Whatever

I wanted to see the photos myself but I like the decision. Let the crazies go bat **** insane over this. Keep them occupied.

Like I said previously, if OBL is still alive, he'll put out a recording saying as much before the end of the week. Any news group would eat it up and play it too.

From the NY Times article, Obama announced the decision in a taped interview for 60 Minutes

But officials at the Pentagon and State Department expressed qualms about releasing gruesome photos of Bin Laden’s bloodied corpse, with some arguing that the photos would not silence those who doubt that he was killed. Some lawmakers also opposed releasing the photos, arguing that doing so would serve little purpose and could endanger American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaeda killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the Internet,” said Representative Mike Rogers, Republican of Michigan and chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. “Osama bin Laden is not a trophy. He is dead, and let’s now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaeda has been eliminated.”

It will definitely rile up people in the middle east, and it won't calm down conspiracy nuts. But, I think it would actually rile up the conspiracy nuts. No matter what the photos show, someone is going to come up with some ****amamie reason with "proof" that the photos are fake. And then the president will have to play that game.

I fail to see how the U.S. will benefit from releasing the photographs. While doing so will satisfy morbid curiousities and bring some satisfaction to some Americans, I do not believe that doing so will put a stop to conspiracy theories regarding OBL's death and I fail to see how it will deter our enemies or encourage our allies.

Archived